20 Minute Workout to Get Fit and in Shape
We are well aware of the importance of exercise, but many of us stay back from doing it because to various reasons. Most of us want to do exercise but hardly get any time to do it. If you are one such person, read on and see how you can shape your body and tone your muscles by spending just 20 minutes daily. This 20 minute workout is simple to do and very effective.
20 Minute Workout for Weight Loss:
The 20 minute workout consist four circuits, and each gives focus to specific areas. These are simple exercises and provide a full-body workout.
This consists of warm up exercises and makes your body flexible, so that your body is made ready to do for the entire workout. As you know, before you start a workout, warming up the body is very important. Circuit 1 is an important part of the 20 minute workout as a good start is always needed for the workout to be a success.
The first exercise in Circuit 1 is walking or running on the treadmill. If you do not have a treadmill, you can jog on the spot till your body is warmed up.
Dumbbell flye helps in opening up the muscles of your shoulder and the chest.
- Lie on a flat bench and hold dumbbell in each hand. The dumbbell should be light in weight.
- Spread your arms out and slightly bend your elbows.
- Lower your hands, so that they are aligned with your chest.
- Now bring your arms to the initial position.
- Do this 8 times.
Pushups are good for increasing the endurance of your muscles and make the chest muscles and shoulders strong. They are also ideal to open up your chest and core.
- Get into the pushup position with your palms placed under your shoulders and your toes on the floor to stabilize your lower body.
- Keep your body straight. Now slightly raise your body, so that your chest is off the floor.
- Get back to the initial position and then repeat it 10 times. In the beginning you may find it difficult to do, but with practice you will be able to do it well.
Plank is very beneficial for toning up your abdominal muscles. in addition, it helps in tightening your glutes and provides you yoga butt. It is also good for increasing the strength of your lower body.
- Get into the pushup position and then bend your elbows, so that your forearms touch the ground.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds, without letting your tummy sag.
The second circuit consists of exercises that help to tone up your arms. These exercises concentrate more on your biceps, shoulders and the back.
- Pull up bar
This exercise is an important part of the second circuit and is an excellent exercise for your arms and the back.
- Hold a pull up bar with your hands, which are shoulder width apart, and hang from this bar.
- Try to pull your chin up over the bar and then come back to the initial position.
- Repeat it several times.
- Don’t do it in jerky motions. Do it smoothly.
Lateral dumbbell raise:
This is a perfect exercise for building up the strength of the muscles in your arms effectively. So, it is also an important component in the 20 minute workout.
- Hold a dumbbell in both your hands.
- Place your hands such that your palms face your sides.
- Now raise the dumbbells till they are at shoulder height and parallel to the floor.
- Repeat this several times.
This exercise is good for increasing the speed of your metabolism and also improves the flow of blood in the body.
- Place a stool or a small box on the floor.
- Jump over it from side to side.
- Repeat this movement as quickly as it is possible for you.
Circuit 3 is consists of a single exercise that is good for your lower body. It is very beneficial for toning up the muscles of your thighs.
Dumbbell is an ideal exercise for toning your thighs.
- Stand straight and keep your feet hip width apart.
- In each hand you have to hold a dumbbell.
- Now you have to step forward and then bend the knee of your back leg. Lower your body, so that your thigh is parallel to the floor.
Circuit 4 is the final circuit and this circuit also features a single exercise. This exercise helps in speeding up and improving your metabolism. This exercise is regarded as an excellent cardio workout.
Bench hop is very beneficial for improving your stamina. Moreover, it helps in increasing the circulation of blood in the body, so that it reaches each and every part of your body. Your body balance is also increased by doing this exercise.
- Put a low box in front of you and then jump on the box.
- Step down from the box and again jump on it.
- You can continue jumping on it 30 to 40 times.
Now that you have seen how to do the 20 minute workout, perform this at home regularly. This will give you a well toned body. Even if you are busy, you can perform this workout, as it takes only 20 minutes.