Amazing Benefits and Uses of Lemon for Health and Skin
Lemon is a fruit which is easily available everywhere. Lemon juice is just so refreshing and tasty. It can be used in so many different ways, you could not even imagine. Read on to know what miracles lemon can do for you.
Benefits of Lemon for Human Health:
- Lemons contain Vitamin C, which improves immunity and keeps cough and cold away. The flavonoids fight viruses to keep you fit.
- They restore the pH level of the body by alkalizing.
- For easy and regular bowel movement, take a glass of lemon juice with warm water daily morning.
- They help detoxify your body and stimulate the liver by helping to liquefy the bile, dissolving uric acid and other poisons.
- Lemon is good for gastric troubles, maintaining good vision, and is also a good astringent.
- Free radicals that cause diseases and make you look older are neutralized by Vitamin C.
- There is no food other than lemon which contains negative charge or is anionic. So, it is very useful.
- Rutin in lemons help improve eye disorders.
- Limonene and other 21 anti cancer compounds in lemon help fight against cancers by stopping cell division.
- Intestinal worms are destroyed by lemons.
- People with brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease benefit from the tengeretin in lemon peels.
- The antibacterial properties of lemons destroy bacteria causing malaria, diphtheria, cholera, typhoid and other diseases.
- Blood vessels are strengthened by Vitamin C in lemon.
- Blood pressure is treated by lemons.
- Scurvy is treated by Vitamin C. Sailors depend on lemons when they go for long sails.
- Lemons contain citric acid, which dissolves kidney stones, gall stones and calcium deposits.
Benefits of Lemon for your Skin and Body:
- Works as a good skin astringent.
- Removes excess oil from the skin and reduces the oiliness for people with oily skin.
- When used in a face mask, it removes bacteria that cause breakouts, and also excess oil and dirt. It keeps you feeling fresh and is a natural antiseptic.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply on acne to reduce them. It is really effective.
- Cleanse your face and apply freshly squeezed lemon juice over scars to reduce pimples and acne scars.
- Lemon juice helps to make freckles lighter. For this, you need to take freshly pressed juice and apply before going to bed. Within 2 weeks, the freckles will be gone.
- Lemon juice makes age marks look less visible. Apply on your knees, elbow, hands and face for lightening signs of ageing and getting smooth skin.
- Vitamin C in lemons makes your nails strong and healthy. Immerse them in a bowl of lemon juice for 10 minutes, and then in a mixture of white vinegar and warm water. Wash off with water to get the benefits.
- Lemon juice is great for your hair. Take 3/4th cup of olive oil, half a cup of raw honey and lemon juice to condition your hair and keep away from damage. Leave this mixture on your hair for half an hour and then wash off for clean hair.
Other Benefits of Lemon:
- The peel of lemons keeps the microwave oven clean.
- Sprinkle some salt on a piece of lemon and rub on greasy spots to keep your stove, kitchen table, dining table or any such thing clean.
- Lemons keep your cutting bards clean. Rub a piece of lemon and then wash with water.
- Lemon juice helps get rid of water sediments and other deposits on pots and steel sinks.
- Peel strips from lemon and add them as garnish over drinks and cocktails.
- Lemon peel keeps your sugar dry and keeps them from turning into brick sugar.
Lemon Face Pack Benefits:
- Using lemon, turmeric and starch to cleanse your body before taking a bath prevents drying. Moisture is lost when taking a bath in water with chlorine content. This can be prevented.
- Mix together 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of yoghurt, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Massage your body with this pack and let it stay for some 10 to 15 minutes. After that, take a bath as usual.
- Take 2 tablespoons tomato juice, 2 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl and mix them well. Apply this on your face and body for natural bleach.
- Lemon juice is a great remedy for wrinkles. Mix together a tablespoon of honey, a few drops of sweet almond oil and some drops of lemon juice to make a paste. Apply this on your face and leave it on for around 15 minutes. Wash off after that.
- A paste made of a teaspoon of fresh cream, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice gives relief from chapped lips. You could save it to use for a week.
- Lemon juice lightens freckles. Take the white of an egg, 1 teaspoon of lemon, and ground almonds to make a mixture. Apply on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Take the half of a lemon and sprinkle some salt and baking powder on it to rub on your teeth and make it whiter. It is also a good remedy for bad breath.
- Apply a mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice on your hair once a week to stop all problems of hair fall.
- Lemon juice mixed with amla juice delays hair graying if you use it every night before going to bed.
- Take a ripe banana and lemon juice to make a paste for applying on your face. It makes your skin smooth.
- Make a face pack with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, half a teaspoon boiled cabbage and 3 teaspoons of honey and apply it for 10 minutes. This gives you relief from dry skin.
All these uses of lemon will surely make you fall in love with it. Try it out and stay healthy.