How to Avoid Binge Eating While you are on a Diet Plan?
Whether it is a way of life or a choice for augmented lifestyle and beauty, over the past couple of years the graph of the people who’ve embraced healthy living has surely seen a climb! While it is most definitely a positive trend to see people embarking the fitness bandwagon, consistency remains an issue for many! The initial enthusiasm for getting in shape often fizzles out after the first week. It then takes a lot more than having your alarm clock buzz every morning to wake you up for your workout session at the gym. That wholesome salad starts seeming bland and boring after the 4th day and you begin fantasizing about your favorite bacon and ham sandwich. Many a time, you give into these cravings, overindulge and later regret that all your attempts at getting fit have gone futile in a matter of minutes! Don’t beat yourself down – it happens to the best of us! Here are five tips that’ll help you avoid binge eating when you are on a diet plan:
How To Avoid Binge Eating:
Image credits: dailymail.co.uk
- Drink Plenty Of Water: One of the best ways to keep your hunger (rather, boredom) pangs at bay is to keep sipping water throughout the day. More often than not, it’s your thirst, not hunger that has you scanning through your fridge for food. Carry a sipper with you at all times and drink water each time you feel like grabbing something unhealthy. What’s better, drinking water even promises you the bonus of great skin and a cleansed system.
- Follow A Strict Schedule: The more structured and well-scheduled your day is, the lesser are the chances of your mind being clouded by thoughts about food. Aim at beginning your day and ending your night early. Sleeping too late at night can give rise to midnight cravings where you mindlessly end up polishing almost half a day of your required calories. While eating your meals, avoid your focus being diverted by your TV, phone or computer, as you may then end up eating a lot more than you should be. Eat mindfully at your dining table while properly chewing and savoring each bite.
- Eat Small Meals At Regular Intervals: It is a good idea to break large meals down into smaller portions. Leaving long gaps between your meals can increase your hunger and have you snack on unhealthy foods. Make sure you devise a diet plan for yourself based on your daily calorie needs, given your BMI. There are many popular diet plans such as the 1000 calorie plan and the 1200 calorie plan that you can choose from in consultation with your doctor or nutritionist.
- Don’t Completely Abstain From Your Favorite Foods: Your weakness can become your greatest enemy when you’re on your diet plan. If there are certain foods that you enjoy but are not supposed to have while following your diet plan, don’t give them up completely. There’s nothing wrong with giving into your cravings once in a week, in moderation. In fact, it is a good way to “reward” yourself for the commitment and hard work you’ve put in throughout the week. Forbidding certain foods from your diet can increase your cravings for those foods and can in turn heighten the chances of you giving up your diet plan.
- Workout: There’s no fitness quest that’s ever complete without a good workout regimen. Along with your dietary choices, it’s also a well-designed exercise plan that contributes to your overall health and wellness. The best way to increase your enthusiasm about a workout is to identify what you enjoy and what works for you. If you hate sweating it out at the gym, opt for exercises like swimming, yoga, dancing, Zumba or aerobics. Exercising will encourage you to stay on track with your diet plan as you start observing positive changes, not just physically, but mentally as well.
It is extremely important to understand that starving is not the right way to get in shape. It may give you quicker results, but they surely won’t be long-term! It is always better to be gradual and consistent with your efforts towards getting fit and maintaining the same level of robustness. Follow these tips to streamline your efforts towards a healthy and wholesome life!