Incredible Benefits of Eating Papaya for Skin, Hair and Health
Papaya is a fruit with numerous benefits. It could be used in a number of ways for good hair, skin, and health. Not just the fruit, even the other parts are beneficial. Read on to know how it could benefit you.
Papaya Benefits for your Skin:
- It is a great source of vitamin A and Papain, which help in removing dead skin cells and also breaks down the inactive proteins.
- The property of “Low Sodium Quality” helps keep your skin hydrated.
- It contains more carotene as compared to apple, custard apple, guava, plantains and other fruits. Hence it is a more wholesome fruit and is really beneficial.
- If you apply finely grounded paste of raw papaya on your face for 25 minutes, it helps remove unwanted pimples and blemishes.
- Eating and application of papaya gives you a smooth and supple skin. Doing it regularly gives your skin a glow, which is long lasting.
- Mashed papaya treats sore and cracked heels.
- It is a natural exfoliator.
- Applying papaya prevents discoloration of skin.
- The peel of papaya helps in whitening legs.
- Raw papaya treats ringworms. Rub a few slices on the ringworm patches to reduce the inflammation.
- Papaya reduces signs of aging on the face.
Image by © the food passionates/Corbis
Papaya Benefits for your Hair:
- Papaya prevents balding and helps boost hair growth and the strength of hair.
- It controls dandruff.
- A diet containing papaya reduces hair thinning. It has been found to be working, though results may vary for each individual.
- The minerals, vitamins, and enzymes in papaya help remove dirt, oil and chemical build up from your hair safely.
- Papaya leaf extracts add shine to dull, unruly and lifeless hair and can be used as a conditioner.
- Papaya hair mask gives you thick, strong, shiny and healthy hair.
Image by © SuperStock / Purestock/SuperStock/Corbis
Papaya Benefits for good Health:
- It is an antidote for hypertension. It contains potassium, which helps keep blood pressure under control.
- It helps improve eyesight. 3 or more servings per day keep your eyesight normal and also improve vision loss.
- Papaya boosts immunity. Beta-carotene in papaya boosts the immune system and helps it function better.
- Recurrent ear infections, cold and flu can be prevented by papaya.
- Papaya protects you from heart diseases. The nutrients in it help prevent oxidation of cholesterol.
- Applying the pulp of papaya directly on wounds heals external wounds.
- Take papaya juice and mix some butter. Applying this paste on chronic ulcers on your skin heals it quickly. Image by © Lawton/SoFood/Corbis
- Papaya contains latex, which helps you against respiratory disorders like cough, bronchitis, and breathlessness.
- It is good for diabetics.
- The fiber is able to bind to cancer-causing toxins in the colon to keep healthy cells from being harmed, and could thus help you from cancer.
- Papaya has got a large number of benefits for your skin, hair and health. Use it in the best way possible and keep healthy.