Best Abs Exercises or Workouts for Women with Videos
It is the wish of every woman to have a flat, feminine toned and taut tummy. Most of the people struggle a lot to achieve the flat tummy by undergoing severe dieting and a lot of exercises. And many of us have felt it is a hard task as most of the time we have fallen short of our dreams of achieving the flat and sexy tummy. Simply doing hardcore dieting and high stress exercises will not help you. On the other hand it may give you negative results.
Image credits: wikimedia
Many of us have the wrong belief that doing crunches will help you get a flat tummy. But that is not true as crunching is not a good workout for abs. Crunches works only for front and side muscles, and does not work out for other areas such as hips, lower back and upper thighs. But there are some exercises that you might not be aware of that can help you out. Core stabilisation exercises such as plank helps in training muscles, balance spine and pelvis, and also lose belly fat and make toned abs. these exercises are also effective in reducing back pain and also helps in improving your posture. As they include muscle work, these exercises are also helpful in burning calories, much more than what crunches can do.
Doing abs workout routines gives lots of benefits to females. It can give you six pack abs, better posture and stronger muscles. These exercises will also make your lower back more flexible, and also improves your digestion and make you more active. On the mental side, these exercises improve your mental health, improve your thinking, and let you free from stress. For women these exercises are very helpful as they can also help in losing menopause fat from their waistline. Along with strengthening and toning lower abs, these exercises also tone and tighten the upper abs. now let us see some of the easy abs exercises you can try out to achieve that sexy look that you dream of.
Abs Exercises for Women:
- Sit straight on a chair with your hands on the edge and fingers pointing towards your knees.
- Now pull your toes up the floor by 2 to 3 inches, and also lift your butt above the chair and thus tightening your abs.
- Continue being in this position as long as you are comfortable, or at least for 10 seconds.
- When done, come back to your original position and then repeat the same process. Do this exercise for at least one minute.
- Lie down on a ball with your lower back with your arms kept crossed on the chest or at the back of the head.
- Pull your abs up so that you’re your torso is above the ball. Along with that pull your bottom ribcage downwards to the hips.
- Make sure that you take enough precautions so that the ball stays stable without rolling.
- When done, get back to the resting position by stretching your abs.
- Repeat this exercise in 1 to 3 sets with 12 to 16 repetitions.
- Lie down on a mat facing upwards with hands behind your head. Use your fingers to support your head.
- Now without pulling up your neck, lift your leg and shoulder blades above the floor. Bring your knees near to your chest.
- Keeping your right leg straight, turn yourself towards left and thus bring your right elbow to the left knee.
- Do the same with the other leg and hand by turning to the right.
- Continue this exercise in a pedalling motion with 12 to 16 repetitions, and 1 to three sets.
Opposite leg and arm raise:
- Position yourself facing downwards in such a way that your knees are under your hips and your wrists under your shoulders.
- Pull up your left arm and right leg till the height of your hips and shoulder so that your body gets positioned parallel to the ground. Hold yourself in this position till you count two.
- Repeat the same with your other leg and hand. Do this up to 15 to 20 repetitions with alternate sides.
- When this exercise becomes easy for you with practice, then you can try touching your opposite elbow to your knee.
- Start with taking a push up position with your palms on the floor and behind your shoulders.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds by extending your arms and legs and keeping your head aligned with your spine.
- As you proceed, try to increase the time period to one minute. Later on when that too feels to be easy, try doing one arm stable switching plank.
- Sit straight on a mat and then bent your knees towards your chest while keeping your hands on the sides.
- Now lie down keeping your knees bend and palms facing down.
- Exhale and along with that take your head and shoulders upwards. Along with that move your arms up and down till the fingertips.
- Inhale and exhale for five pumps and while doing so make sure that you are curling your chest towards your chin.
- Try to do this exercise for 100 pumps, and while doing this your lower back must be pressed into the floor and lower abs should be pulled towards your spine. This is one of the best exercise for women to get a perfect lower abs
Vertical leg crunch:
- Lie on the floor with legs extending upwards and knees crossed.
- Keep your hands behind your head as a support. Also avoid pulling your neck as it might lead to sprain.
- Pull your abs by taking your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Keep your legs in the same position and imagine that you are bringing your bellybutton to the spine.
- Come back to the normal position and then repeat the same in 3 sets with 12 to 16 repetitions.