Best and Simple Homemade Moisturizers for Oily Skin
Oily skin is something that nobody wants to have. If you have an oily skin, your skin will look dull and oily. Even if you cleanse your skin thoroughly, if you have an oily skin, it will turn greasy after some time. So it is very difficult to manage. Moreover, oily skin means that you are more prone to acne and breakouts. Before we discuss about the process of making moisturizers for oily skin let us first understand its causes.
What are the Causes of Oily Skin?
- Genetic: Genes have a major role in providing you oily skin. Of your family has oily skin, you are also bound to have oily skin. There is no way to change it. However, you have various ways to treat it.
- Dirt: If dirt accumulates on your skin, then the pores of the skin may become clogged with the dirt and grime. As a result, more oil accumulates on your skin. So it is necessary that you keep your skin free of dirt by cleaning it regularly.
- Stripping essential oils: If you overuse cleansers and toners that contain salicylic acid in them, then the natural oils from your skin may be removed. This induces the secretion of more oil on the skin and thus it will become oily.
Taking care of oily skin is very important. You have to pay more attention to the cleaning of oily skin than the dry skin. Oily skin can create many problems of the skin like acne, spots, premature wrinkles, blackheads, whiteheads and so on.
Easy to make Homemade Moisturizers for Oily Skin:
Most of you with oily skin avoid moisturizers thinking that it will make your skin all the more oily. But the truth is that oily skin also gets dehydrated. So you need to use a moisturizer on oily skin, at least a small portion of it, two times a day. Below are given a few methods of how to make natural moisturizers at home.
Aloe Vera and Rose moisturizer:
Things you need to make this moisturizer
- Carnauba wax – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 teaspoon
- Rose essential oil
- Aloe vera
- Jojoba oil
- Glass bowl
Take a glass bowl and put about 1 teaspoon of carnauba wax in to it. Next add 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil, water and mix well. Now you have to put the glass bowl on top of boiling water and let the mixture melt. Once it melts, you have to remove it from the heat and cool it to room temperature. After it cools down, you can add 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and one drop of rose essential oil and mix all of them well.
Benefits of this moisturizer:
Jojoba oil in this moisturizer helps in making your skin clean and is also a good antioxidant. It also keeps your skin well moisturized. Aloe vera is excellent for giving you a clear skin. Carnauba wax makes your skin soft.
Milk and olive moisturizer:
Things that you need to make this moisturizer:
- Fresh milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to three tablespoons of lime
- One cup for mixing the ingredients.
Clean the cup well and take quarter cup of fresh milk in the cup. Now you have to mix 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to this milk and mix both the ingredients well. Then you have to pour lime in to it and stir well. Your moisturizer is ready to use.
Benefits of this moisturizer:
Milk contains lactic acid and this helps in making your skin soft. Olive oil is good for providing you a healthy skin. The lime that you have added in the moisturizer helps in removing dead cells from the skin. It is also beneficial for removing acne and any kind of blemishes from the skin. Thus you will have a clear skin without any blemishes.
This is regarded as the best homemade moisturizer that you can use for oily skin.
Rose petals moisturizer:
Things you need for making Rose petals moisturizer
- Rose petals – one cup
- Rose water
- Juice of aloe vera
To make this moisturizer you have to take a bowl and boil rose petals with some drops of rose water. Filter it to get the liquid as it is the liquid that you require. Now cool the liquid to room temperature. Next you have to add aloe juice to the liquid. Mix well and put it in the refrigerator for some time. Now you can take it out from the refrigerator and apply on your face.
Benefits of rose petal moisturizer:
Rose water in this moisturizer helps in removing all dirt from your face and makes your skin fresh and rejuvenated. It is a good toner and tones your skin. Aloe vera is a good moisturizer and keeps your skin well hydrated. It also removes acne from your skin. Aloe vera is known as the best skin care product that you can have.
Best Ways to Take Care of Oily Skin(CEM):
You have to take special care of your oily skin and make sure that it is clean and clear. You can do this CEM=Cleansing, Exfoliating and Moisturizing Routine by following the below mentioned tips.
- Cleansing – Cleansing the oily skin is very important to remove the dirt and excess oil from the skin. You can use gel or oil cleansers for cleansing your skin.
- Exfoliating – Exfoliating the skin is as important as cleansing the skin. People with oily skin are advised to exfoliate their skin at least 3 to 4 times a week.
- Moisturizing – Many people think that if they have an oily skin, they need not moisturize it. But this is not correct. You must keep oily skin also well moisturized. You can use water based moisturizers for moisturizing oily skin. Apply moisturizer twice daily.
[Also Read: CTM Skin Care ]
So, try to make some of these moisturizers at home and have a skin that is oil free and fresh.