Best Exercises for reducing or Slimming down Hips and Waist
Everyone wants to remain healthy and slim. Those extra fats here and there can cause a lot of worry to the slim figure freaks out there. Well, there is nothing to freak out at extra flab. Here are a few simple exercises that can help you tone your hips and waist. This is a perfectly designed workout plan which will surely give you beneficial results.
Here are six easy exercises to minimize the fats at your hips and waist, and make you look leaner and slim. Read on to know how to follow them.
How to reduce fat around your Hips and Waist exercising:
Bench wide grip push up:
This exercise is beneficial for your abs, chest, back, shoulders, and arms
- Keep the bench against a wall, and stand facing it.
- Stand in the push up position and keep your palms o the bench, a little more than shoulder distance apart. Hold your abs tight.
- Bend your elbows at right angles and lower you chest towards the bench.
- Stay in this position and count up to 2.
- Go back to the starting position, and then repeat these steps again.
- You could also try and lift one leg alternately for each set of exercise.
Bent knee deadlift muscles workout/exercise:
This exercise targets your glutes, lower back, hamstrings, and hips.
- Keep your feet at a distance of the width of your shoulders. Hold the dumbbells in each hand and stand in this position. Your arms must be at your sides, and the palms must be in.
- Hold your head up, keep your shoulders back, and hold your abs tight. Bend your knees a bit and lean forward at your hips. Slide your butt back as you do this.
- Slide these weights slowly down your legs as you are bending forward. Your gaze must be fixed at a point slightly ahead of you.
- Your body weight must be on your heels as you come back to your starting position slowly.
- Repeat these steps again.
Bench step-up exercise benefits:
This exercise targets the thighs, glutes, shoulders and your hips.
- Take a dumbbell, and hold it in your hands. Stand lengthwise just next to the bench.
- Use your right foot to step up on to the middle portion of the bench. Lift up your left leg to the side, and stay in this position for a count of 3.
- Use your left foot to step down, and use the right foot to tap down.
- As soon as you tap down, use your right foot to step up again to the bench.
- Repeat this a few times for the right leg.
- Take a rest for about 30 seconds.
- After your rest, repeat the whole procedure by switching sides, i.e., using the left leg.
Cross twist on bench:
This exercise is aimed at your obliques, lower back and abs.
- Take a flat bench and sit on it. Bend your knees, and keep your feet flat, either on the floor or on the seat of the bench that you are using.
- Slightly lean backwards, and use your abdominals well.
- Use your right fist and punch it across, outside of your left thigh. Twist your upper body to the left as you do this.
- Stay in this position as you count up to 3.
- Now, use your left fist and repeat the procedure, by punching outside your right thigh.
- Alternate both the sides and repeat all steps. Lift your upper body and use your abdominals throughout.
Reverse incline row to rear fly:
This exercise is targeted at your upper back and rear shoulders. There are 2 parts to this.
- Incline the bench at an angle of 45 degrees, and straddle it. Press your chest on to the top part of the bench, and bend your knees slightly.
- Take your dumbbells, and hold them in each hand. Bend your elbows, and keep your palms in as you do this.
- Bend both your elbows, and slowly start pulling the weights towards your body. Your arms must be kept close to your sides.
- Lower down. After a minute of rest, repeat the steps again.
- Position your body like in the starting position above.
- Take the lifts and lift them up slowly outwards to your sides. Bring them to chest level. Your elbows must be slightly bent as you do this.
- Lower down. After a rest of a minute, repeat the steps again.
Do a set of rows first. Then, follow with a set of flyers. Rest for a while, and then repeat the whole process again.
Standing Oblique Flexion:
This is very useful exercise which makes your firmer in a matter of just six weeks. Get some medium and heavy dumbbells and a bench, and you are ready to go. Do the exercise thrice a week, and also do some intense cardio.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet apart at the width of your shoulder. Stand like this and hold your dumbbells. Bend your elbows a bit, keep your palms in and hold your abs tight.
- Slide the dumbbell at a slow pace outside the right thigh. Bend your torso slightly to the right as you slide as far as you can. Make sure to keep your hips square.
- Stay in this position for about 2 seconds, and then start bringing the weight up your thigh to the initial position.
- Repeat this a few times.
- Follow the same procedure on the left side.
This exercise mainly targets your abs and obliques.
These exercises are really beneficial, and can help you go a long way if you follow them regularly, and in the correct manner. You do not need any help, and can do it absolutely anywhere. Moreover, no special equipment is needed. Follow these simple procedures and get the perfect figure you always wanted.