Best Face Yoga Exercises for removing Puffy Eyes
Puffy eyes are very common and many people suffer from this problem. This is not a permanent issue and you can correct it by taking a little time to yourself. There are many reasons for getting puffy eyes.
Major Reasons for having Puffy Eyes:
- If you are spending too much of time watching the television or in front of the computer, you are sure to get puffy eyes. Also avoid playing video games throughout the night. This is also one of the reasons for making your eyes tired, which can cause bags to appear under the eyes. So, take breaks in between and do eye exercises regularly. This can reduce eye bags.
- Puffy eyes also result with age. As you grow older, the cells near the eyes start degenerating and lead to the accumulation of fluid. This cause bags to appear under the eyes.
Simple Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes:
- Don’t strain your eyes too much in front of the TV or computer. Always take breaks at regular intervals.
- Sleep also affects puffiness off the eyes. If you sleep too much or if you spend sleepless nights, you may get puffy eyes. So remember not to oversleep, but at the same time get adequate amount of sleep. Puffiness caused due to too much of sleep usually disappears within a few hours.
- Try to reduce the intake of alcohol as it can lead to the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- Smoking is also bad. So quit smoking if you want to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Excess of sodium in the food you consume can also cause puffy eyes. So keep a control over the salt that you consume daily.
- Before you go to sleep, remove all makeup from your eyes. Never sleep with your makeup. The chemicals that are present in the eye makeup may cause puffy eyes.
Effective Yoga Exercises for removing Puffy Eyes:
- Open your eyes wide and then blink your eyes a number of times. Then move your eyeballs from left to right and then from right to left, up and down and again down and up. Then move your eyeballs diagonally to all the four corners. With this you complete one cycle. Repeat this for at least 5 times.
- You can call the second exercise ’the clock exercise’. Here you have to imagine that a wall clock is hung in front of you. Instead of imagining, you can stand in front of a real wall clock and do the exercise if you have a wall clock at home. Now start the exercise by looking first at the number 12 on the clock. From 12 you have to move your eyes to 1, 2, 3 and so on till you reach the number 12 again. Once you reach 12, close your eyes and rest for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, blink your eyes and start moving your eyes anticlockwise till you reach 12 again.
- Bring both your palms infront of you with the fingers pointing upwards. It should be at some distance from your face. Breathe in deeply and then move your palms away so that your eyes focus on a distant object. Then breathe out and bring your palms together again in front of you. Focus on your palms now. Repeat this exercise for 5 times.
- Look straight ahead and then bring the palm of your right hand in front of you. Focus your attention on the thumb of the right palm. Move the hand and then fix your eyes on a distant object. Now bring the left thumb in front of you and focus on it. Again shift your eyes to a distant object. Repeat this exercise for a few more times.
- Close your eyes and gently massage the outer corner of your eyes with the tip of your middle finger or ring finger, first in clockwise direction and then in anticlockwise direction. Relax for a few seconds and then repeat 3 to 5 times.
- Close your eyes and press the puffy area under your eyes with your index finger, middle finger and the ring finger. Keep it pressed for about 5 minutes.
- Press your temples with the index finger of both your hands and massage for 5 minutes. Do this daily and you will see the puffiness of your eyes reducing.
- Accumulation of fluids is one of the main reasons for puffy eyes. When you are in a deep sleep, you do not blink your eyes. As a result, the fluid gets retained under your eyes, causing puffiness. So if you get up in the morning after a good sleep and find that you have got puffy eyes, blink your eyes vigorously for about 30 seconds. This will remove all fluids from under your eyes and reduce puffiness.
- Doing eye massage to stimulate the eye muscles also helps in removing puffiness from your eyes. Gently massage the outer socket of your both eyes with your ring finger. Continue massaging in this way round the socket bone.
- Once you have completed doing all these eye exercises, you can come to an end with palming. For this you have to sit in a quiet place and close your eyes. Rub your palms together vigorously, so that heat is produced and your palms become slightly heated. Gently press the palms on your eyes and allow your eyes to absorb all the heat from the palms. Your breathing must be kept steady as you do palming. Once all heat is absorbed by the eyes, remove your palms from the eyes and open your eyes slowly.
Doing the eye exercise regularly helps in reducing and completely removing puffiness of the eyes and you will get a pair of fresh and shiny eyes that you will be proud of. You can do this two to three times a day and the result you get will be fantastic.