Best Homemade Lemon Face Packs for All Skin Problems
Lemon is a perfect remedy for most of the skin problems you experience. This fruit is sour to taste and is a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B, citric acid, phosphorous and carbohydrates. The active ingredients present in lemon are very effective for reducing various problems of the skin like pigmentation, dark spots, pimples, blackheads, acne and so on.
Ways to Use Lemon on Face for Beautiful Skin:
Lemon is an important ingredient in many of the creams used for making your skin brighter. This is because of the presence of citric acid in it, which acts as a natural bleaching agent. Here are some simple lemon face packs for different skin types.
Lemon face pack for acne:
If you are suffering from acne breakouts, you can use lemon and egg white face pack to get rid of acne.
- Take the white of an egg and mix it with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients well and then apply it on your face.
- Wait till the pack dries and then you can wash it off with cold water.
Lemon juice for clearing tan:
Lemon juice as well as cucumber juice has skin lightening properties. So, using these two ingredients on your skin can help in removing tan and in brightening your skin tone.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl and add one tablespoon of cucumber juice t it.
- Mix tem well and then apply it on your face by using a cotton swab. This will remove the tan and provide you a bright and glowing skin.
Lemon face pack for dry skin:
If your skin is dry and patchy, you can make a face pack by combining lemon juice and honey, and apply it on your face. Honey, as you know, is a natural humectant. It helps in locking the moisture in your skin and keeps your skin soft and supple. You can make this face pack easily.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice in a small bowl and mix it with half a teaspoon of honey.
- Now add a few drops of almond oil to the mixture and stir well.
- After you have blended all the ingredients, you can dip cotton balls in it and apply it all over your face.
- Let it remain on your face for about 15 minutes and then you can wash it off with cold water.
Lemon face pack for skin lightening:
Lemon is packed with Vitamin C. This acts as a catalyst and helps in reducing the formation of melanin in the skin. Lemon is used as an active ingredient in many of the beauty creams because of its skin lightening properties. Using these creams provide an instant lightening of the skin. Tomato is also good for lightening the skin. It also helps in improving the elasticity of the skin. The active ingredients in tomato are very effective for reducing the appearance of fine lines on your face. They are also good for preventing the appearance of dark spots on your skin. To make lemon face pack for skin lightening, all you have to do is:
- Take one teaspoon of ground oats in a small bowl and mix it with half a teaspoon of tomato pulp and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Blend them well and then apply this pack all over your face evenly.
- Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes and then you can rinse your face with cold water.
Lemon face pack for oily skin:
You get oily skin when the sebaceous glands in your skin produce excess of sebum. Lemon and multani mitti are great for oily skin. This mixture has the ability to absorb oil present on your skin and also helps in lightening the skin tone.
- Take two teaspoons of multani mitti in a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Next you have to add a few drops of rose water to it and mix well to get a paste.
- Your face pack is ready for use.
- Apply the pack all over your face evenly and wait till the pack gets dry.
- Now you can wash your face with cold water.
Potato and lemon juice for treating dark spots on skin:
Lemon is good for lightening the dark spots that appear on your skin. When lemon juice is added with potato juice, the effect on dark spots is enhanced. Apart from removing the dark spots, the bleaching compounds in this pack helps in lightening your skin tone.
- Take a cup of cold water and soak some potato slices in it for at least half an hour.
- Separate the potato slices and then mix the water with lemon juice.
- Put it in the refrigerator for one hour and then use a cotton swab to apply this solution on your face.
- After a few minutes you can wash it off with cold water.
Lemon face pack for sensitive skin:
You have a sensitive skin if you are suffering from excessive sunburns and from rashes that appear frequently on your skin. Curd is very effective for soothing the inflammation and rashes that appear on your face. Lemon helps in lightening your skin tone. This face pack is easy to make.
- Take one teaspoon of curd in a small bowl and add one teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Now add a few drops of rose water as well as sandalwood oil in to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and then apply this pack evenly on your face.
- Let the pack remain on your face for about 10 minutes and then you can wash it off with cold water.
You can clean the inside of your body by drinking lemon juice mixed with warm water. This helps in providing you smooth skin with a natural glow.