Best Tips to Get Rid of Blemishes or Large Pores on Face
Are the blemishes on your face keeping you away from social life and confining you to your home. The only solution for it is to clean the blemishes on your face and get a clear skin, so that you can face everyone with confidence.
What are the Causes of Facial Blemishes?
One of the major reasons for the appearance of blemishes is excess of oil production. When too much of oil is produced by the sebaceous glands the oil along with dead skin cells clog the pores of the skin. This causes a breakout of acne. After the acne and pimples disappear, scars or blemishes are the result. When the upper layers of skin are affected, you get blackheads and white heads, and when the inner layers are affected, you get acne. When acne forms on the skin, it makes your skin red and inflamed. After the acne or pimple vanishes, you get a blemish on the place of acne.
The breakout of acne takes place due to two reasons. One is the large number of dead skin cells, enough to clog the pores and the second reason is the over production of oil. The oil combines with dead skin cells and clogs the pores, leading to acne and blemishes. Another reason for acne breakout is hormone imbalance. This can lead to the excessive production of oil, which in turn cause acne and the blemishes.
When there is an outbreak on your skin, you have to find a solution for it instead of waiting for the pimples to go away and praying that blemishes do not appear. Pimples and blemishes do not heal themselves. You have to treat it and make sure that they do not appear again. You can do this by taking drugs that control the formation of acne or by taking medications as prescribed by the doctor. Another way is to try some home remedies for treating pimples and blemishes.
Over the Counter Medicines:
This is one of the first things that you may try if you suffer from an outbreak of acne. As soon as the acne appears on your face, you can try some over the counter drugs and products, which are specially made for the treatment of acne and acne prone skin.
The products containing salicylic acid, lactic acid or bezoyl peroxide are best for treating acne. When you apply them first, they may cause dryness of the skin, flaking and also irritation on the skin. With regular use these symptoms go away.
If after using over the counter drugs your acne is not under your control, then it is advisable that you consult a doctor. The cause for it may be hormonal fluctuations and only a doctor will be able to tackle it. Sometimes birth control oils can cause an outbreak o your skin. In some women birth control pills are prescribed to reduce acne. So only a doctor can take the right decision.
When the production of acne is in excess you will have to control the production of sebum by microdermabrasion, chemical peel or laser surgery. This is made only by a certified doctor.
Most of the times you can see that these are not as effective as the home remedies that had the wisdom of our ancestors. So here are some ways to remove blemishes naturally.
Home Remedies to Remove Blemishes:
- Apply calamine lotion on the blemish. This lotion can absorb the excess oil and remove blemish. You can use it as often as you need.
- Take an ice cube in a wash cloth or dish towel and warp it. Place this over your blemish for about 5 minutes. This can remove blemish and reduce inflammation.
- Whenever you go outside in the day time, use a good sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher. This is because sunlight can make the blemish worse and some of the acne medications and treatments are made less effective on exposure to sun.
- Ginger and garlic are good for preventing blemishes. So have them regularly.
- Your diet also plays an important role in removing blemishes. Have vegetables and fruits rich in fiber.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. This helps in detoxifying your body.
- Proper exercise is a good way to remove blemishes.
- Change your pillow cover daily as perspiration on it may be infected by bacteria.
- Apply lemon juice, which acts as a bleach.
- Apply castor oil or Vitamin E every night.
- Applying lightening gel can remove blemishes with regular use.
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with eight parts of water and store this mixture. Wash your face with it one to two times daily.
- Creams with anti-marks property can help remove blemishes.
- Open a garlic capsule and pour its content in to a tablespoon. Add this to the moisturizer that you use and apply it on the blemishes.
- Make a decoction by boiling chamomile and lemon juice with water. Apply this on the blemishes. This is best for acne scars.
- Mash 3 potatoes and mix it with vinegar. Apply this over the blemishes and leave overnight.
- Mash 3 carrots and apply this on your face. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash with milk.
- Mash green papayas and apply this on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes.
Effective Home-made Face Packs for Blemish free Skin:
- Mix some honey, lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric and apply this paste on your face every day. This can do wonders if used regularly.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and water and apply this over the blemishes. This provides you a clear skin without any blemishes or acne. It also provides you relief from painful pimples and boils.
- Mash tree strawberries and mix it vinegar to get a paste. Apply this over the blemishes and leave overnight. Wash off with water in the morning. Applying this every day will give you positive results. Even after the blemishes are gone, you can use it to have a clear skin.
However, prevention is better than cure. So exfoliate your skin regularly and do not rub your face with a rough cloth as it can increase the production of oil. CTM should be a part of your daily routine. Moisturize your skin every day. Don’t meddle with the pimples and blemishes, especially with dirt fingers. These are some tips to prevent pimples and blemishes.