Best Vegetables to Eat for Boosting Hair Growth
Vegetables are great for losing weight as they contain less calories and fat. But they are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients required for the body. It is important that you include vegetables in your daily diet. Other than benefiting the health, they are also good for your hair. The fibers, vitamins and minerals in vegetables help in increasing hair growth and is also good for improving the texture of hair and making your hair smooth and shiny.
Hair care Tips to keep in mind:
- Nutrients are well absorbed if your hair is clean and damp. Dry and dirty hair does not absorb the nutrients well. This is why when you go to salon for any hair treatment, they wash and clean your hair first and then treat and style your hair. So, even if you find it to be a long task to wash hair, apply the pack and then wash again, it gives you the best results.
- When you use warm water to wash your hair, the pores of the scalp are opened. On the other hand, cold water closes the pores. So, you can use warm water before you apply a product on your scalp and then, after the application, you may use cool water.
- Remember to use only warm water on your hair. Never use hot water. This removes the natural oils from your hair and makes your hair less elastic.
- Some of the vegetables have an unpleasant smell. So, when you use such vegetables on your hair, you can use a good conditioner to hide the smell.
- After you apply the mask on your hair, leave it on your hair for a minimum of 30 minutes. This is because the nutrients in the mask take time to penetrate in to your hair and nourish it.
- Just as it is necessary to keep a hair mask for at least 30 minutes, it is also important not to leave the mask for a long time. If you put it on for a long time, it will get dry and starts absorbing water from the hair. This will reverse the good effects of the mask.
Vegetables that Encourage Hair Growth:
Including beetroots in your daily diet help in increasing the presence of lycopene in your body. Lycopene stimulates the growth of hair and so is essential for preventing hair loss. There are many other reddish vegetables that are beneficial for your hair.
Carrots are also great for hair growth. They are rich sources of Vitamin B7 or biotin. It acts as a tonic for your hair helps in improving the growth of your hair. It makes the roots of the hair strong and thus prevents hair from falling out.
You can apply a hair mask made with carrot on your hair to prevent hair fall. Boil carrots in water and then blend the boiled carrots with the water in which you have boiled the carrots. Blend it and make a smooth paste. Apply this on your hair and let it remain on your hair for about 30 minutes. Wash off with water. This can reduce hair fall and also increase the rate of hair growth.
The presence of keratin in curry leaves is excellent for preventing loss of hair. So, include curry leaves in your diet and have shiny and lustrous hair. You can also follow these tips on using curry leaves to prevent hair fall.
Cucumber is also good for keeping your hair healthy. Grind cucumbers and apply it fresh on your scalp and hair. If it is too watery, you can ix some fenugreek powder with it to make it thick. Apply this on your hair and wait for about 20 to 30 minutes. Wash off with water. This makes your hair strong, healthy and lustrous.
Vitamins A and E are found in high amounts in French beans. Vitamin E increases the volume of your hair and provides a smoothness and shine to your hair. It also prevents premature graying of hair.
Green chilli is also good for your hair and rich in Vitamin E. It repairs the damages caused to the cells of the scalp.
This is excellent for your hair because of the presence of sulfur in it. It also contains low amount of calories. So include it in your daily diet and prevent hair loss with garlic.
Onions are rich in biotin, zinc, iron etc, which nourish your hair. Not only does onion helps in hair growth, but it also aids in controlling premature graying of your hair.
This helps in providing you long and healthy hair and increases the growth of hair. Breaking of hair and hair fall are reducedby having oranges. Orange is a rich source of beta compounds that are beneficial for our hair.
Spinach provides enough nutrients to your hair and helps in hair growth. It is a rich source of fiber as well as iron and zinc, which are essential for the hair growth. If zinc and iron are deficient in your body, you may suffer from hair loss. Spinach is also rich in other minerals and vitamins.
Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotenes, which gets transformed in to Vitamin A in the body. Beta-carotene helps in the repair of cells in the body. So consuming sweet potatoes is beneficial for getting enough of Vitamin A.
Tomatoes contain high amounts of antioxidants, which help in the repair of cells. You can have tomatoes as it is or apply the pulp of tomato on your scalp. This can help you get rid of toxins and other impurities from the scalp. Your hair is made shiny and healthy by applying tomato pulp on your hair.