Best Yoga Poses for Fighting Skin Problems and Diseases
Yoga is an ancient form of exercise that is practiced in India and this is very beneficial for the physical, mental and spiritual health. Other than making you physically and mentally fit, yoga is also good for the skin and treating many of the skin problems. Practicing yoga makes your skin healthy and provides glow to your skin. Many of the skin diseases like eczema, melasma, psoriasis etc. can be treated by practicing yoga regularly.
Yoga for Curing Various Skin Diseases:
This is a skin problem that most women suffer from. Here you start getting dark spots and patches on the skin. They are so adamant that in spite of using various face packs and creams, they do not go away. This is most common after menopause or during pregnancy. It is also caused as a result of using birth control pills for a long time. If you have such problem, don’t worry. Yoga is the best remedy for you. Doing the following asanas will definitely provide you a problem free skin.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is done early in the morning when the sun rises up. This is beneficial for you in many ways and is a perfect way to start your day.
How to do?
- Face the sun and stand straight with your hand folded as in Namaste, with the thumbs touching your chest.
- Now inhale deeply and raise your arms while still standing in the same position. Stretch the arms and bend backwards in Arda Chandrasana (Half Moon) pose.
- After that bend forward and touch the ground with your hands and also try touching your knees with your forehead, and exhale.
- Now sit on the ground with knees bent and support yourself with your palms. Now inhale deeply and pull your left leg away from the body. As you do so, raise up your head and look at the sun. Here the full body weight is supported by your palms and the ten fingers. This pose is called Surya Darshan.
- Next, stretch out your right leg also, so that it is parallel to your left leg. Keep the hands straight on the ground and the hips arched. Here your body looks like an inclined plane. Exhale when you do this pose.
- Next is the Saashtanga Namaskar. Exhale fully and lie down with your chest touching the ground and the body in a full stretched position. Put the hands on the floor, by the side of your chest. Now touch the ground with each of your ears by turning your head gently from left to right. Breathe normally when you do this pose.
- In the next step you have to inhale deeply and raise your upper torso, with the hands on the ground. Stretch your elbows and your back should be in a concave arch. This is the Bhujangasana or Cobra pose.
- Repeat step 5. Raise your lower part of the body also, with the toes touching the ground. Exhale.
- Repeat step 4. Here you have to pull your right leg backwards and keep your left leg close to your body. Inhale.
- Repeat step 3 and exhale.
- Same as in step 2 and inhale deeply.
- Repeat step 1 and get back to the first position. Breathe normally.
Surya Namaskar removes all impurities from your body and enhances blood circulation, providing a natural glow to your face.
Yoga Poses that help you fight black spots are:
This pose is already a part of Surya Namaskar.
Sarvangasana or shoulder stand:
This makes your skin clear by increasing the flow of blood to the face. But this is not recommended for those who suffer from high blood pressure and heart problems.
Psoriasis and eczema:
This is a skin problem that makes your skin look ugly. The skin is dry and flaky, and patches re formed. So you have to always keep your skin covered. Other than the medicines you take for its treatment, you can also try some of the following yoga poses. This is because according to yogi gurus, this problem appears due to stress and increase in the levels of toxins. Yoga helps you to get over these problems and therefore get rid of eczema and psoriasis more effectively.
This asana also removes all toxins from your body.
How to do?
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched out and your spine straight.
- Bend your right knee and bring your leg inwards in such a way that the soles of your right leg touches the inner thigh of your left leg.
- Bend your upper torso to the left and try to touch the toes of your left leg with your right hand, while you keep the left hand free with the elbows touching the ground.
- Remain in this pose for a few minutes while you breathe normally.
- Now get back to the original position and repeat with the other side.
Yoga for Acne and Skin Treatment:
Acne is also formed due to stress and toxins in the body. Here is a yoga pose that clears acnes.
Kapalbhati Yoga for Acne Treatment:
This yoga is capable of curing even those diseases that are quite incurable like cancer, asthma and diabetes. It removes all toxins from your body and makes you fresh and rejuvenated.
How to do?
- Sit with legs crossed and relax your body
- Inhale normally, but when you exhale, do it with full force, as if you are throwing all impurities out from your body, so that you feel the pressure on your abdomen. .
- Do this for 10 to 15 times in the beginning and then you may do it for about 30 minutes.
- It is better to do it early in the morning on an empty stomach.
Uttanasana for Hair and Acne Treatment:
How to do it?
- Stand straight with the legs slightly apart.
- Inhale and lift your hands straight. Bend forward and exhale.
- Now exhale as you bend forward.
- Touch the ground with your hands and move your neck from one side to the other.
- Now stand up straight and as you do so, inhale deeply.
- Repeat it.
Kapalbhati and Janu Sirasana are also good for removing acne.