Daily Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin: Easy to Follow Tips
Winter is a time when your skin suffers the most. It becomes dry and rough and often becomes red and sore as well as flaky. Most of you buy a lot of skin care products from the market and apply on the skin, hoping it will make your skin better. But this is not just enough to maintain a hydrated and supple skin in winter. You need to maintain your skin texture with proper skin care routine to a have a healthy and beautiful skin in winter. A daily skin care routine will surely protect your skin from dryness.
You Can Divide the Skin Care Routine into 3 Parts, Which are:
- In the Morning
- All Through the day
- Before Moving to Bed
Daily Routine for your Dry Skin:
In the Morning:
When you get up in the morning, your skin needs proper care to keep it healthy and beautiful throughout the day.
- As soon as you get up in the morning, splash your face with lukewarm water, plain and fresh water or warm water, according to your skin type and the climatic conditions. This will make you feel fresh. Try not to wash your face with cold water as it causes constriction of the pores on the skin.
- After washing your face, you can use a good quality cleanser which is specially made for dry skin. Massage your face with the cleanser for a few minutes and then you can rinse your face with warm water.
- Next you have to tone your skin. Make sure that you use a good toner.
- After toning your face, apply a good moisturizer on your face. Massage your face with moisturizer with circular motion.
- Keep it for 5 to 10 minutes and let the skin absorb the moisture. After this apply a day cream on your skin. If you are going out in the sun, make sure that you apply a sunscreen lotion or a cream on the exposed parts of the skin. This way you can protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and also keep the skin well hydrated and smooth.
- If you are applying a foundation on your face, you can apply a thin layer of the foundation cream after you apply the day cream. For dry skin mineral foundations are the best. You may also use a concealer or a highlighter if you require so.
All Through the day:
It is very important that you take good care of your skin during the day time. Since you go out at day time and your skin is exposed to lots of pollution, dust and dirt, take proper care of your skin when you go out.
- When you have a coffee break or a morning break, just go to the wash room and apply a thin layer of the moisturizer which you had applied in the morning when you got ready to go out.
- On the lips you can put on a good lip gloss, lip balm or a lipstick. It is advisable that you apply a thin layer of lip balm before you apply your lip gloss or the lipstick.
- One more thing that you must never forget is to carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go. Sip water from it every now and then. This will help in keeping your skin well hydrated and supple.
- Have a healthy lunch and this will help in keeping your skin healthy and well moisturized. Have vegetable soups, fruits and yogurt for your lunch. Vegetables and fruits that have a high content of water are apt for dry skin. This will supply enough water to the skin.
- After you have had your lunch you can clean your face with a wet tissue and remove dirt and sweat from the skin. Now apply a thin layer of moisturizer or sunscreen on your face. This way you can prevent your skin from getting dry in the day time.
- Drink lots of water also to protect your skin from getting dry and rough.
Before Moving to Bed:
Most of you take proper care of the skin at day time, but forget about it at night when you go to bed. Even before you hit bed, it is important that you pamper your skin and take enough care of your skin. The skin undergoes repairing and other such functions when you sleep at night. So make sure that you take care of the skin and make it easy for the skin to perform its functions at night
- Have a healthy supper. You can take a glass of milk with strawberries, which is very good for your skin.
- Using lukewarm water, wash your face You must not rub your face but splash it on your face.
- Now remove all makeup products from your skin using a dry skin makeup remover. This helps in cleaning your face and getting rid of all traces of makeup from your face.
- After cleaning your face you can apply a good quality rich night cream or a thick creamy moisturizer on your skin. This helps in nourishing your skin when you sleep. As a result your skin will look more smooth and supple when you get up in the morning. Last but not least, keep a bottle of water near your bed, so that you can reach out for it easily. Drink water from it whenever you get up at night.
These are a few tips which will help you in taking good care of your dry skin. Follow these tips and you sue will have a skin that is well hydrated and supple.