How Does Eating Dates help you Lose Weight?
Dates are fruits that have a sweet taste and are good for your health. They make excellent snacks and may be used instead of fries and processed snacks that you get in the market. Dates have lots of health benefits and therefore including then in your diet is good for your health.
- The laxative property of dates is made use in treating constipation. Soak dates in water overnight and then have the soaked dates in the morning. This helps you to prevent constipation.
- Presence of minerals like selenium, magnesium, copper and manganese in dates make them good for the proper development of bones and for healthy bones, especially when one gets old. Dates are beneficial in treating osteoporosis and other bone problems.
- The nicotine present in dates cures may intestinal problems. By consuming dates daily, you can decrease the growth of pathological organisms and increase the growth of bacteria that are good for the proper functioning of the intestine. Dates contain soluble as well as insoluble fibers and they are good for the proper functioning of the digestive system. They stimulate digestion and also enhance the absorption of nutrients by the body.
- Dates are rich sources of minerals, especially iron. Therefore they are very beneficial for those suffering from anaemia. Anaemia is caused when there is a deficiency of iron in the body, and dates provide the iron that the body lacks. Having dates regularly removes fatigue and makes you energetic and strong.
- Natural sugars like fructose, glucose and glucose are found in abundance in dates. So they provide you with instant energy. If you are feeling low, have some dates, and after a few minutes you will feel energetic. If you are feeling sluggish or lethargic late in the afternoon, just have some dates instead of other snacks. You will see how it makes you fresh and energetic.
- Dates are also good for your heart and help to keep your heart healthy. Soak dates overnight, crush them in the morning and have them in the morning. This is found to be very effective for weak hearts. The high content of potassium in dates helps in preventing the risk of stroke and other problems of the heart. Dates also help the body to reduce the level of LDL(Low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol. LDL is one of the main reasons for heart attacks, stroke and heart diseases. So keep your heart healthy by consuming dates at least twice a week.
- Dates are good in treating allergies also. Sulphur, which is not very common in foods, is found in dates. Sulfur has a lot of health benefits and one of them is that it is good for treating allergies.
- Dates are good for sexual weakness as well. Soak dates in goat’s milk overnight and then grind the soaked dates with the milk in which they were soaked. Add cardamom powder and honey to the paste and have them regularly. This reduces sterility and treats may sexual problems. So dates are natural aphrodisiac and having them regularly enhances your sexual stamina.
- They have more calories than any other fruits, and they help you in controlling your weight and lose your weight naturally.
This is how dates can help you lose your weight:
Dates are a storehouse of all essential nutrients that you need for a healthy body. Minerals, vitamins, soluble fiber, calories and all other nutrients are present in abundance in dates. The fibers present in dates provide you a feeling of fullness and prevent overeating of food. It also provides you energy that you need for all activities. So, by reducing the craving for food, you will be able to lose weight.
Dates ensure proper bowel movements. Both the quality and the quantity of the calorie that you take in determine your weight. Dates provide you the calorie that you require both in terms of quality and quantity.
When you plan to lose weight, you must lose 500 calories per day. This way you can lose half a kilogram of weight in a week. Having fruits full of calories makes your stomach full fast and prevents you from eating further. So consuming dates helps you to lose weight successfully and fast.
Dates are healthy and do not contain cholesterol and Trans fats. They are also rich sources of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamins and other essential nutrients. So they provide you all the minerals that are needed by the body.
How to Include Dates into Your Eating Lifestyle:
- One of the ways to consume dates is to take out the seeds from them and add some walnut pieces and almond pieces to them. You can also add any other dry fruits to the dates. You may also have only dates without adding any other fruits and nuts. They taste good .
- Another way to include dates in your daily diet is to cut them into pieces and add them to the fruit salads or dessert that you consume.
- You may also add dates with vegetables or dishes that you make with rice, couscous and so on. Mixing them with milk is also an excellent way to consume them. This makes the milk tastier. You may also mix the paste of dates with yoghurt, bread or butter and it.
Some of the dates that are really good for you in losing your weight are:
- Medjool dates
- Deglet Noor dates
- California dates
All these three types of dates are rich in fiber and free of sodium, cholesterol and fat. So they are excellent for helping you lose weight. The reason why dates are good for losing weight is that it is filled with all nutrients that you need and at the same time, they lack cholesterol and fats, which are the main reasons for gaining weight. So dates are an excellent choice when you decide to go on a diet and lose weight.