Eating Tomatoes for Weight Loss – Will that Work?
If you feel that you have gained weight, but cannot include any fitness regimen in your packed schedule, you have a solution. As you know, obesity is mainly because of your eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. You should never ignore the fact that you are gaining weight. You may not be able to go to the gym or perform exercise regularly due to your busy life. However, there is one ingredient that can help you manage your weight and is also good to taste. What we are talking about is tomatoes. It is time that you know about the benefits of tomatoes, especially its role in helping you lose weight.
Health Benefits of Eating Tomatoes:
Tomato is considered as a superfood and is known for its immense health benefits. It is packed with various essential nutrients needed for your body like lycopene, Vitamin C, potassium, carotenoids, folate and so on. These nutrients are very beneficial for giving you a healthy and strong body. Consuming tomatoes help in controlling your hunger pangs and it is also good for maintaining the blood sugar levels in the body. You can reduce the cholesterol levels in your body by consuming tomatoes regularly. Biotin is a water soluble vitamin, which is found in high quantities in this vegetable. Biotin can increase your energy levels. If you feel hungry in between meals, have a bowl of tomato salad and this will keep you full till your next meal. It is also low in calories. Antioxidants like Vitamin A and C are found abundantly in tomatoes. These help in reversing actions of the free radicals that can cause harm to your body. Vitamins are great for increasing your immunity power and to protect you from various diseases and infections. The combined actions of lycopene and beta-carotene in tomatoes help in ensuring the health of your heart. Increase your metabolism, thereby helping you lose weight. You can also protect your body from cardiovascular diseases and oxidative stress by consuming tomatoes regularly. About 93% to 95% weight of tomato is made up of water. So, consuming tomatoes can keep your body hydrated as well.
Eating Tomatoes to Lose Weight – How it Works?
A ripe tomato, about 150 gm, contains only 25 to 35 calories. So, consuming tomatoes can fill your stomach, but you will not gain much weight as a result of eating tomatoes. Tomatoes have the ability to increase metabolism. This way it helps in converting the food you consume into energy, which is used for various body functions. The water content in it is good for improving digestion and to ensure proper bowel movement. By following this diet especially during the night you can easily lose 2 kg weight per month
Tomato Diet for Healthy Weight Loss:
Here are some tips that will help you to lose weight and manage your weight by including tomatoes in your diet:
- Have tomatoes as snack in between your meals. This will help in filling your stomach and also do not cause any gain in weight as it is low in calories.
- You can make puree with tomatoes and use it as spreads. Spread it on bread and have this sandwich. This way you will be able to avoid junk foods, which are not good for your body. The sandwich thus made is healthy and prevents weight gain. You may also cut tomatoes into slices and add these slices in a sandwich with other crunchy vegetables.
- You may make a pulp of tomatoes and use it as a healthy filling.
- Slice tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and prepare a salad with these vegetables. Having this salad can keep you healthy and slim.
- Making tomato soup and consuming it is an effective way to lose weight. It is also very delicious.
- If you want to make a delicious curry for rice and rotis, tomato is a good choice. The overall calorie value will not be increased in this way.
- You can also use tomatoes for flavouring.
- Make tomato juice and have a glass of this juice daily. You can add a dash of pepper to it to increase its taste.
Low Calorie Tomato Soup Recipe for Weight Loss:
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 beam of celery
- 2 green bell peppers
- Fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A little salt and pepper for taste
Take water in a pot and boil it. Add the vegetables to this boiling water and cover it. Add seasoning and olive oil and then boil it on medium heat for about 20 minutes. Then you can add fresh herbs of your choice and serve it hot. You can also have it chilled if you prefer.
You should avoid mixing tomatoes with starch like potatoes. This is because such a combination can make you suffer from acidity and indigestion. If you are looking at a detox, there are many crash diet options for you. But you should be aware that these diets can be very unhealthy and harmful for you if you follow it regularly or for long durations. So, the best way to lose weight is to add tomatoes in your regular diet. This helps you to lose weight in a healthy way. Before you make any drastic changes in your diet, it is always advisable that you consult your doctor and take his/her advise. If you are allergic to certain food items, be cautious and test for allergy before you start consuming it.