How to do French Manicure At Home with Pictures and Video
You do so much with your hands so it should be pampered the most. When you want your hands to feel special then treat them to some French manicure as nothing can beat this. You will love the end result once you go through the process yourself and the good news is that it can be done at home too. There are some requirements that you have to get ready before you start the French manicure at home –
Image Credits cc licensed by Flickr Photos
- Clear Base nail paint
- A pale pink can be used too
- Acrylics or gels to make your nails look longer
- White nail polish
- Fake nail tips can be used if you wish
When you are ready with these arrangements then you can go ahead with the French manicure process. Remember, it will take some time, so you must select the time when you will be relaxed and don’t have to think about any other work.
Starting off the process:
To start the process, you have to clear the old nail paint with some cotton and nail polish remover. Now when your nails are completely clean you can start your French manicure regime –
- Try trimming your nails just the bit that is required to give a shape to it because you have to remember that the first rule of the French manicure is long nails.
- What shape do you like? Round nails or a square one? Trim it accordingly and then smoothens the rough edges with a nail file
- Now take some warm water and put your hands into it for a while. It will relax your hand and soften it too. With the help of a cuticle pusher push back the cuticles of your nails gently as your hands are soft now therefore you can easily remove the dirt and dead skin easily. Make sure your nails are completely clean.
- Use some cleanser and apply it on your nails to cleanse your nails, then is the turn of sanitizer which you have to apply on your nail but remember you need to apply a thin layer only.
- If you do not want to do not have these items then you can simply take some oil and massage the cuticles.
- Now is the time to apply the first coat and it will be the base coat so put on a thin layer of pale pink nail polish. Let it dry and then you have to apply another fresh coat of polish.
- You can use the white nail guides for you to get the perfect nail tip, but if you don’t have one, then you can get it by using white nail polish and do it yourself. Let the first coat dry before you paint the second coat
- Now the last part is done to make sure that your hard work last longer. Paint your nails with a clear coat to finish off your French manicure.
You can also take the help of a French manicure kit that comes on the market as it already contains all essential requirements.
The below Video from Yuki Truong explains the process in detail on How to do French Manicure at home