How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Feet and Legs
Is the skin on your feet and legs dry and flaky? It is very irritating and you are not able to wear beautiful skirts and shorts because of the dry skin on your legs. You are forced to cover your legs by wearing jeans, or salwar kameez. Often the skin is itchy, dry and dehydrated.
Why is it happening to you? Is there any solution for it? What is dry skin? All these questions might have come in to your mind. Dry skin is nothing but the dead skin that gets accumulated on your skin. It accumulates when you do not scrub your skin for a long time. Here are some simple and easy ways to remove this dead skin from your legs and feet.
How to Remove Dry Skin from your Feet?
Once you follow the steps given below, you need not get embarrassed by the appearance of your feet in future. Keep aside your boots and socks and fish out your flip-flops and sandals, and show others what soft and beautiful feet you have.
Try doing pedicure once in a week at home and get rid of the dead skin that has collected on your skin. But when you have not done it for a long time, then the skin becomes really hard and difficult to remove. In that case you have to take a foot shaver and scrape off the dead skin.
- Take warm water in a tub and soak your feet in it for about 20 minutes to half an hour, till the skin of your feet becomes soft.
- Now take a foot shave and shave off all the dead skin cells in short and gentle strokes.
- As you do so, wash the shaver frequently to clean it and remove the dead skin stuck on it. This way you can remove the dead skin from your feet.
- Once you shave off all the dead skin accumulated on your feet, you can touch your feet and see how soft it has become.
- Next you have to rub the heels and exfoliate your whole foot, so that all the dead skin cells get removed.
- After it is over, apply a good moisturizing cream on your foot and massage well with your hands.
You will see that your feet have become soft and smooth.
How to Remove Dry Skin from your Legs?
Next is to clean your kegs. How to remove the white flaky skin on your legs? You may think of going to the parlous. but it is not necessary. you need not spend money at the parlor to get rid of these white flaky skin on your legs. You can do it sitting comfortably at home.
- First of all you have to prepare an exfoliation scrub at home. For this you need sea-salt or granulated sugar, your favorite body oil, honey and water. Mix all these ingredients well to get a paste.
- The best time to exfoliate is when you are going to have a shower. Wash your legs using lukewarm water. This helps in opening the pores of the skin and allows your skin to breathe.
- Apply this scrub on all parts of your leg and rub gently with your hands. Take care not to rub on the skin too harshly as it can cause damage to your skin. Instead of using your hands, you can also use a loofah or a scrubbing brush. Loofah helps in increasing the blood circulation in your skin and allows new skin to grow.
- After you have scrubbed your skin well, you can wash off with cold water. Cold water is to be used as it helps in closing he skin pores.
- Now you can have your shower. After the shower, pat your legs dry with a towel. Apply your favorite body lotion or moisturizer in a thick layer on your skin and massage well for a few minutes. Cover your legs with socks so that you can lock in the moisture.
With these treatments, you will get beautiful and smooth legs and baby soft feet.
A Few More Tips to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Legs and Feet:
- Drinking lots of water is good for your skin and also for your nail, hair and health. It removes all toxins from the body and keeps your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Milk cream contains lactic acid and helps in balancing the pH levels in the skin. It is great for keeping your skin well moisturized. Mix milk cream with milk and lemon juice and rub it on your legs and hands. Wait for a minute and then you can take shower. You can also make a paste of milk cream and gram flour and rub it on your legs and hands. Wash off with after 10 to 15 minutes. This can also help in removing dry skin from your legs and feet.
- Yogurt has anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties and helps in soothing the itchiness and dryness on your skin. Rub yogurt ion your legs, hands and face and massage well. Take a shower after 10 to 15 minutes. Mixing mashed papaya and lemon juice to yogurt is also good for the skin.
- Coconut oil is also good for treating dry skin on your legs and feet. It is rich in fatty acids. Apply coconut oil on your legs and feet and wash off the next morning. Applying this regularly will give you the best results.
- Aloe vera is very beneficial for removing dry skin from legs and feet. Take the gel from the aloe vera leaf and apply it on your skin. Wash off with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Olive oil is very effective for removing dryness of the skin. Apply olive oil on your legs and feet and leave it overnight. Wash off the next morning. This will give you silky soft skin.