How to Get Smooth Armpits? Top Hair Removal Techniques
We follow different methods for removing the hair under the arms like shaving, waxing, using hair removing creams and so on. Some even use facial hair removal. Here are given a few tips on how to remove the hair from your under arm area and still keep your skin smooth and soft by following the right technique.
Removing Underarm Hair Tips for Women:
- Before you shave off the hair under your arms, you have to take a hot shower. You can also dip as cotton pad or towel in warm water instead of taking a hot shower, and clean the under arm area to remove any debris left form clothes, dirt or traces of deodorant .
- Now you have to lather your arm pits with enough soap or shampoo. You can also use a shaving cream or foam for creating the lather. Using the warm water and soap one after the other quickly helps in softening the hair on the arm pits.
- Lift your hands high up so the skin under your arm gets stretched. This enables you to shave it in a better way. Now you have to shave off the hair carefully in up, down or sideways motion as the arm pits hair grows in different directions. Have a clean shave so that the hairs do not grow back for some time.
- After shaving one arm pit, clean the razor under the tap and then shave your other under arm area also in the same way.
- After you are thoroughly done, you can dip a cotton ball in diluted antiseptic liquid and clean all traces of hair from your arm pits.
- Once you have cleaned it well, take your favourite cream and massage it on to your under arms. You may also use virgin olive oil instead of the cream. Try to wear a sleeveless dress if you are dressing up immediately, or else you can wear a sleeved cloth after some time so that the oil or cream gets soaked up.
- If you feel that hair retarding creams are good and work well, you may apply it on your arm pits and massage it well at night before you go to sleep.
Waxing is faster and a safe way to remove the hair from the under arm area. You can use ayur cold wax for waxing.
- Dip a cotton ball in plain water and clean the under arms to remove any debris of the deodorant.
- After cleaning, you have to spread some baby powder on the skin of your under arms to remove any traces of moisture and dry the skin.
- Now you can apply the wax. Dip the spatula and take cold wax or warm wax and apply it on your armpits, in the direction of hair growth.
- Next you have to place the wax strip in the downward direction and press it down.
- Pull off the wax strip in the opposite direction of hair growth so that all hair gets removed. You have to immediately put pressure on your skin, press it down with your hands to sooth the skin.
- If you are using readymade wax strips, just rub them against each other and then place then as mentioned above. Then remove the strips with a pull in the opposite direction.
- After you have finished waxing, clean your arm pits with a cotton ball that is moist. You can also use shave lotion to cool down your skin. Follow this with massaging of cream or olive oil. Massage your armpits with this cream or oil and let them get absorbed in the skin. At night, before you go to sleep, you may apply a hair retarding cream.
Hair Removing Creams for Underarms:
Using hair removing creams is another way to remove hair from your under arms. But they may burn your skin. So, it is important that you do patch test and see that your skin is not allergic to the cream. Then you can use it.
- Take a cotton ball and clean your under arms with it to remove all debris and traces of deodorant.
- Read the instructions given on the pack and see how long you have to let it remain on your under arms, depending on the thickness and coarseness of your hair.
- Take your hand high and then apply the cream using a spatula. Let the cream cover the hair evenly. You can look in the mirror to check if you have applied it properly.
- Keep a bowl with warm water near you. After the required time is over, you can dip a towel or cotton balls in warm water and remove the cream from your under arms.
- Clean your underarms well and then you can apply a good quality moisturizer or olive oil. If you prefer, you can also apply hair retarding cream on your arm pits when you go to sleep at night.
Home Remedies for Unwanted Hair Removal at Home:
There are some home remedies for under arm hair removal. They are as follows:
Turmeric paste helps in loosening the hair follicles and makes it easy to remove hair. All you have to do is to make a thick paste of ½ cup of turmeric powder and rose water. Apply this paste on your under arms and wait for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then soak a towel in warm water and wash t off. Repeat the treatment to loosen the hair follicles and to remove hair.
Honey lemon hair remover:
Take 3 tablespoons of honey and add 3 drops of lemon juice to it. Apply this on your under arm areas and wait for 15 minutes. Now wash it off with a damp towel. Pat dry and repeat the treatment 2 to 3 times a week.