How Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Works? Pros and Cons
As you are aware, gaining weight is very easy. But losing weight is a tough task and you have to work really hard for it. Weight loss procedure is not just starving yourself and undergoing a workout that is beyond your capacity. In fact, starving is not the correct way to lose your weight. You must have meals at regular intervals, but in moderate amounts. Similarly, rigorous workouts when you are on a weight loss diet is also not recommended u many fitness trainers. There are times when you may follow various diets and do all sorts of exercises, but in vain. The result you get may not reach up to your expectations. If you are one among them, try yoga instead. Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is a series of exercises that help you to reduce weight and get a fabulous figure. You may be wondering who Jillian Michaels is.
Who is Jillian Michaels?
Jillian Michaels is a well know author and a coach in health and fitness. She is also a television personality and life coach. She has got a brand name of her own. She is a well known name in the field of health and fitness and has been a personal coach and fitness expert for 20 years. She is the proud receiver of personal training certificates from Fitness Association of America and National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association.
There are innumerable books, video games and DVDs on her name and all these deal with health and fitness. Some of the popular books written by her are ‘My insider secrets to simple, Fast and lasting weight loss’, ‘Master your metabolism, unlimited’ and ‘How to build an exceptional life and slim for life’. Among her DVDs, Jillian Michaels body revolution and Jillian Michaels body shred are the most popular ones. They are well sought after by those who want to lose weight effectively.
Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Levels:
This is a power packed workout session and consists of two levels. Each level takes a little more than 30 minutes. Level 1 is for those who are new to yoga, while Level 2 consists of more advanced form of yoga exercises and is for those who already know yoga and are more advanced in performing it. So, first you have to get on well with Level 1 before you can start doing Level 2 exercises.
This workout consists of yoga poses, but you must not think that it is completely a yoga workout. You cannot call it pure yoga. In fact, this is a combination of yoga poses and aerobic exercises, so that the end result is fantastic. Many of the moves in Meltdown regimen require good strength and stamina. If you have a proper knowledge of yoga and are good in doing yoga poses, you will find this workout easier to follow. Some of the moves in Meltdown regimen are very complicated. So it is better that you watch the DVD one or two times before you start practicing it. This will help you to do it with more confidence.
How Jillian Michaels Weight Loss Yoga Works?
As it was mentioned earlier, this is a mix of yoga and aerobics together, which includes various exercises done repeatedly to pump up your heart rate. Level 1 is easier to do than Level 2, which is very rigorous. So if you are a beginner, you must always do Level 1 before you attempt Level 2. If you have any problems with knee, wrists or any of the joints you must not attempt this workout as it can enhance your problems. .
How the Workout is Designed?
This includes the following:
- Warm up: Here you have to do leg stretches and arm swings to make your body ready for the next series of exercises.
- Sequences: In this part of the exercise, you have to do a sequence of three poses. Each pose is repeated a number of times as suggested by Jillian Michaels. When you reach the last repetition, you have to remain in that pose for 15 seconds.
- Sun salutations: You are to do two quick sun salutations between the work sequences. This makes transitions easy for you.
- Cool down: After work sequences and sun salutations, cooling down two or three times is important. This is followed by two more sun salutations and some leg stretches as well as a spinal twist.
- Level 1 of Meltdown regime, which is meant for the beginners, puts more emphasis on the workout of the upper body. Level 2, on the other hand, includes mainly leg movements focus on the core and the abdominal parts.
- As you become more expert in doing this workout, you can modify some of the poses for your convenience, according to the options given by Jillian Michaels.
- If you are doing a DVD workout for the first time, you may be somewhat confused and may not be able to follow all the instructions properly. So you are advised to start from Level 1.
- Meltdown workout is for those who are very energetic and fast. If you prefer to follow a soft workout that do not exhaust you too much and leaves you fresh and energetic at the end, then this workout is not for you. This is a series of exercises that is very rigorous and can make you really exhausted at the end.
- The instructions given are quite fast, so you have to be quick in doing these exercises. So if you are new to yoga and find it too fast for you, this is not fit for you.
Jillian Michaels Full Workout Video:
You will get CDs containing step by step instructions on Jillian Michaels Yoga meltdown from many of the online websites. There are also some free video clips on this workout. Follow them as instructed and do it regularly. This will give you positive results within weeks.