How to Cover Up Grey Hair Naturally: Best Homemade Tips
We all dread to think of having gray hair and do all possible things to cover up the gray strands. For those who are above 30 years, gray hair is considered as the first sign of ageing, but now you can see gray hair even on young ladies. Gray hair appears when the hair lacks the coloring pigment melanin, which is responsible for providing color to the hair. There are many other reasons also for the appearance of gray hair like genetic problems, use of excessive chemicals on the hair and exposure to various pollutions in the environment. Whatever the reasons, we all look for different way to cover the gray hair. Here we will discuss about some home remedies for covering up the gray hair.
Quick Natural Remedies for Grey Hair Treatment:
Amla henna natural pack:
This is a natural dye that you can make at home and is very effective for covering your gray hair.
How to do:
- Take a handful of henna leaves and make fresh paste of it. Add 3 tbsp of amla powder to it.
- You may also add 1 tbsp of coffee powder to this mixture.
- Mix all of them well by adding some water and get a smooth paste.
- Apply this hair pack on your hair and keep it on the hair till the hair pack becomes dry.
- Wash off with water and mild shampoo.
Amla and henna helps in providing color to the hair and also makes your hair soft, smooth and well nourished.
Black tea home remedy:
Black tea is good for covering your gray hair. It is regarded as one of the best home remedies for premature gray hair.
How to do:
- Take 2 teaspoon of tea leaves and boil in water without adding sugar or milk.
- Once it starts boiling, take it out from the flame and let it cool to room temperature.
- Apply this on your hair, making sure that all the hair is covered.
- Leave it for some minutes and then wash your hair with cold water. You need not apply any shampoo.
Coconut oil and lemon mixture:
You can use this twice a week and is a very effective home remedy for your hair.
How to do:
- Take coconut oil according to the length of your hair and add 3 teaspoon of lemon juice to it. Mix well and apply from the root to the tip of your hair.
- Let it remain on your hair for an hour and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
This provides color to your hair and also makes your hair shiny. All gray hair will disappear with this treatment.
Curry leaves and coconut oil remedy:
This is ideal for those who have gray hair from a young age. Boil curry leaves in coconut oil and strain the oil after it cools down. Massage this oil on your hair and scalp well and leave for a few minutes. Then wash off with water and mild shampoo.
This is one of the common remedies for covering gray hair. You get various hair dyes in the market and buy one that suits the color of your hair. Different shades like black, brown, dark brown, burgundy etc are now available for you. You can choose one that matches your skin color. When you buy hair dyes, make sure that the dye does not contain any ammonia in it. This is because ammonia is a bleaching agent and it may harm your hair with continuous use. Another thing to remember is to test and make sure that your skin is not allergic to the dye you are using. Just smear a little of the dye at the back of your ear and let it stay for 24 hours. If irritation or any discomfort occurs, you must not use the dye.
Ribbed gourd and coconut oil remedy:
This remedy is very beneficial for getting back the lost pigments into the hair. Cut the gourd into small pieces and dry the pieces. Soak this in coconut oil for 3 days and then boil it till you find black residue in the oil. Massage this oil on your hair and scalp well and then rinse your hair after a few minutes.
Sufficient water intake:
Lots of toxins get collected in the body if the endocrine system in your body is not working properly. These toxins are responsible for various health problems as well as premature graying of hair. So drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water daily and this will keep your body free from toxins, and thus prevents premature graying of hair.
Sage water spray treatment:
Sage leaves, called salvis or sefakuss in Hindi, helps in providing natural color to the hair and controls the growth of gray hair.
How to do:
- Take a bunch of sage leaves and boil them in water for a few minutes.
- Let it cool down and then spray this water well on your hair.
- Leave it for 2 hours and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
You will start getting positive results within a few weeks.
Vitamin rich diet:
One of the best ways to have a good skin and hair is to have a well balanced and healthy diet. Include vitamins like Vitamin E and B in your regular diet. These vitamins are excellent for preventing premature graying of hair. Including walnuts, cashew nuts and almonds in your diet is also an effective way to prevent gray hair. try to reduce the amount of sodium in your diet. This helps in preventing gray hair and other health problems. Remember to include lots of vegetables and fresh fruits in your daily diet.
Try out some of these tips at home and you will get hair that is healthy and without any gray strands.