How to do Effective Hair Spa Treatments at Home
Hair spa treatment at the beauty salon is quite expensive and not affordable to all. If you are seriously considering hair spa but feel that parlor spa is too expensive for your budget, then the only solution is to do hair spa at home. You may think it impossible, but it is true. You can have hair spa treatment at home and it is much cheaper than when done at the beauty parlor. It is so effective that you look as if you have just stepped out of the parlor after a hair spa.
Best Hair Spa Treatments at Home:
Avocado conditioning mask:
This mask is full of nutrients and is good for a healthy hair that grows well.
- Mash two large sized avocados and then add a big tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well to get a paste.
- Remove tangles from your hair and then apply this paste on your hair starting from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Let it stay on your hair for 20 minutes and then wash off with mild shampoo and water.
Aloe Vera Pulp and Lemon:
For oily hair you can apply aloe vera pulp mixed with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water and take it in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on your hair and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with shampoo followed by conditioner.
This makes your hair soft and prevents frizz.
Beer is excellent for dry hair as it is full of proteins. It helps in moisturizing as well as in making hair strong. Do this once in a week. Pour beer through hair after you shampoo your hair and then massage gently. Rinse with water.
- Grind 1 egg white with 4 pieces of cucumber and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to make a paste.
- Massage it on your scalp and hair and then wash with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. This gives you smooth and silky hair.
Coconut cream mask:
Coconut is rich in saturated fat and this helps in deeply conditioning your hair.
- Prepare a smooth paste of coconut cream in a blender or you can get it from the market.
- Take the required amount of coconut cream in a small bowl and warm this cream using your hands.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and massage well for about 5 minutes.
- Now wrap a warm towel on your hair and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash off with water and a mild shampoo. Do not use a blow drier to dry your hair. Let it dry naturally.
Egg is a rich source of protein and provides you strong hair.
- Take one egg and add coconut oil to it.
- Mix well and apply it on your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair and scalp with a warm towel and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with mild shampoo and cool water. Never wash with warm water.
Take 2 tablespoons of henna powder and mix with 2 teaspoons each of amla powder, shikakai powder, reetha powder and water. Apply on your scalp and rinse off with water after an hour.
For dry hair:
Take one egg and beat well. Add 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil to it and mix well. Apply on your scalp and wash off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
Fenugreek and Honey:
If you have dull hair, soak 1 tbsp of fenugreek sees in water and then mix these seeds with 1 tsp honey and 3 tbsp curd. Apply on hair and wash off after 30 minutes.
Using honey is one of the best ways to treat your damaged hair. It makes your hair healthy and lustrous. Apply half a cup of honey on your damp scalp and massage well. Wash off with water and mild shampoo.
Milk and honey mask:
This mask is very easy to make and is excellent for your hair. It is good for all problems of hair.
- Take one glass of raw milk and add a big tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well.
- Apply this on your scalp and hair. Take care to apply it from the roots of the hair to the tips.
- Massage well for a few minutes and let it stay on your hair for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
Ripe Banana mask:
Banana contains high amounts of potassium, vitamins and natural oils. These are needed for making your hair soft and silky. It is also good for preventing split ends and maintains the natural elasticity of your hair. Thus any damage to hair is prevented.
- Take one banana and peel it. Now add one egg and a small cup of olive oil to it and blend well.
- Apply this mask well on your hair and let it stay on your hair for about 20 minutes.
- Now clean your hair with a mild shampoo. Follow with a good conditioner.
- Mix one cup of sweet strawberries with an egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply on your hair and wait for 15 minutes.
- Wash with mild shampoo.
Olive oil massage:
Olive oil is excellent for your hair and it treats your hair in a natural way.
- Take the required amount of olive oil and massage your hair and scalp for 15 minutes.
- Dip a cotton cloth in warm water and squeeze it to get rid of excess water. Cover your hair with this cloth.
- Now leave it on your hair for about 10 minutes so that it steams your hair well.
- Shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo and wash well. You need not use a conditioner as olive oil itself is a good conditioner.