How to Get Rid of Bumps After Waxing Easily
The occurrence of bumps and pimples after waxing is very common. Most of the women experience this problem. These bumps may be small and painless, but at times they tend to be painful and troublesome. They appear because of the high temperature of the wax and the chemical agents used in it. These make your skin irritated and as a result there is a breakout of rashes. Never ignore these symptoms as they can cause trouble if you do not take care of them properly.
It is not necessary that these bumps appear immediately after waxing. In some women it appears after a few days of waxing. During the first two days after you undergo waxing it is common that your skin is sore. If this soreness does not go away naturally, then you have to take measures to get rid of these bumps. Here we will discuss about some natural home remedies by which you can get rid of the red bumps on your face and skin without taking any medical help.
Simple Home Treatment for Bumps After Waxing:
- After you wax your skin, you must take care to wash your skin gently and softly as your skin is still sore. Remember not to use any soap or scrub to clean your skin immediately after waxing. The chemicals in them may have adverse effect on your skin.
- If possible, you must try to cover your skin with soft cotton cloth after waxing. This is because after you wax your skin, the skin may be prone to dirt, pollution and other environmental conditions. By covering the skin, you can prevent such problems.
- You must stay in a comfortable place after you wax your skin. Do not stay at places that are too hot or too cold. Take care not to go near areas of extreme heat such as the oven. This may make things worse for your skin.
- If you suffer from pain after waxing, you may take non-prescription drugs to ease the pain. Some of the common drugs that you can have are ibuprofen, acetaminophen and naproxen. These can provide you relief from pain.
- Waxing makes your skin sore and often painful. So you need to sooth your skin. Take a cotton ball and dip it in liquid hazel solution. Now rub it on the affected area. This cools your skin and provides a soothing affect to the skin.
- Apply a good quality moisturizing lotion on the skin. This will keep the skin well hydrated and heals the swollen skin in a natural way.
[Also Read: Face Packs to Protect your Skin]
Red Bumps After Waxing: How to Prevent them Easily?
The red bumps that appear after you wax your skin are really very troublesome. If you do not want to have these bumps on your skin, the best way is to prevent them from appearing on your skin. Once they appear, you have no other option than to get on with the bumps. So, it is always better to avoid getting these bumps and thus save yourself from a lot of trouble. Here are some methods to prevent the appearance of bumps on your face and skin after you wax your skin.
- Many of you may not be aware of the fact that your skin becomes more sensitive during the menstruation. When you go for waxing during these days, your skin becomes more prone to bumps. So, it is always wise not to go for waxing during these days.
- Some of the medicinal drugs that you take can be the reason for the bumps to arise after waxing. Retin A or accutane is one such drug that can interfere adversely with waxing. When you are on this drug, try to avoid waxing your skin. You may go for waxing after six months of this course.
- You must not wax your skin on the same day on which you have exfoliated your skin. When you exfoliate the skin, the dead skin cells are removed and the layer of the skin underneath the upper layer is exposed. This skin is more sensitive to the high temperature and chemicals used in the process of waxing. As result the application of wax may cause skin problems and the appearance of bumps and rashes on the skin. You can undergo waxing after some days of exfoliation. [Also Read: How to Exfoliate Skin Properly]
- When waxing is done on your skin, you have to remain calm. Studies made have revealed that if you panic during waxing, it may lead to the contraction of hair follicles. This can lead to more damage to the skin.
- Sometimes when you pluck of coarse hair from the skin, bleeding may take place. You need not panic. Just apply ice cubes on the affected area. This will provide you comfort and also top the bleeding. [Also Read: Ice cubes Benefits for Skin]
- When you go to the beauty parlor for waxing, make sure that the beautician applies a good after wax lotion on your skin once the waxing is complete. This helps in reducing the discomfort and pain that you may feel. Check whether the lotion that is applied on your skin contains mineral oils or not. If mineral oils are present in the lotion, it may lead to clogging of the pores and cause bumps to appear. So avoid such lotions.
- If your skin is already irritated and has a breakout of bumps, you must not go for waxing as this can cause more damage to your skin. It can even cause infections of the skin.
- Use a wax that is suitable for sensitive skin, such as a product that is cream based. You must not tug at your skin too hard in order to pull out the hair.
If after following these remedies, the symptoms still persist on your skin, then it is better that you consult a good doctor.