Incredible Benefits of Eating Pineapples for Skin, Hair and Health
It is a popular saying that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor at bay. So does the humble pineapple! This tropical seasonal fruit may not be as popular as the apple, but is a powerhouse packed with plenty of nutrients, minerals, anti-oxidants and vitamins. Yes, cleaning and cutting it takes a wee bit more time than sinking your teeth into an apple, but juicy pineapple slices make a great addition to the breakfast table.
Listed below are a few reasons why you might want to switch to this tasty and delicious fruit –
- Pineapples are rich in many vital vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A and C, potassium, calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin C helps to keep the common cold at bay and bromelain, various viruses and infections. Bromelain also helps prevent sinusitis.
- This anti-oxidant rich fruit helps in boosting the immune system too. An intake of pineapple while suffering from a cold can help in faster recovery too. Try it; you might want to keep the medications back in the dresser.
- With fewer calories than a glass of orange juice, pineapple is low in cholesterol too.
- With a high content of manganese, pineapples help to maintain strong bones. A cupful of chopped pineapple will provide you with sufficient amount of this trace mineral which helps to build bones and connective tissue.
- The anti-oxidants present in this tropical fruit fight against the free-slowing radicals which are known to attack and damage the cells in the body. Studies indicate that a regular consumption of pineapple can ward off diseases such as atherosclerosis, arthritis, cancer and various heart-related problems. The anti-inflammatory properties in pineapples help prevent the inflammation of arthritis while strengthening the bones.
- Chomping on pineapple slices during snack time has yet another benefit. This fruit is popular for its gum-strengthening too.
- Pineapples also contain beta carotene which is good for the eyesight. A regular diet of pineapple can aid in preventing macular degeneration, where the retina gets damaged and the vision is slowly impaired.
- There’s more to this fruit!!! Not only does it helps in lowering cholesterol but controls the blood pressure too. So, to keep the long list of heart problems away, bite into a chunk of pineapple.
- Worms in the stomach and digestive problems are commonly noticed in young children. A daily glass of pineapple juice helps to fight this. Image by © Image Source/Corbis
- Eating a pineapple slice is an excellent way to avoid nausea and morning sickness. But if pregnant, it is best to check with your doctor before indulging in some.
The list of health benefits of pineapple is endless. Indulge in some of this delicious fruit regularly and make your daily diet healthier!