Incredible Benefits of Pomegranates for Skin, Hair and Health
If you are looking for a fruit which has all round utility then it probably would be pomegranate. It is good for health, skin and dried seeds make your dish delicious. May be this is the reason this fruit is considered to be a traditional fruit in the weddings of the Greeks. If you are worried about the health of your hair then you can seek the help of pomegranate and easily solve the problem of frizzy hair and is also good for your skin’s health too. If you want to get rid of those age-signs or prevent them from showing up early then you cannot get anything better than this fruit. It is rich in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial or the anti-ageing properties. These things are good for your overall health as it provides your body with all required nutrients. You have to make sure that you buy the best one from the lot so that you can get maximum benefit out of it.
While buying it, make sure that it has a thin but tough skin and is free of any small or big blemishes. The size does matter in this case as bigger the fruit the juicier it is and make sure you buy the fully ripe ones so that it tastes sweeter. This can be stored in refrigerator for over 2 months, so you can buy in large amount and stack it up in the refrigerator and enjoy the fruit every day. It is filled with all kinds of benefits, but here we are listing the health benefits of pomegranate for you –
- Immunity boosters – If you are looking for something to give to your child who has just recovered from a bad disease then you cannot get anything better than pomegranate. Why only child, even elder person will be equally benefitted from this fruit. If you take a mid-size pomegranate then you will get 15% of Vitamin C that is required daily by our body and as we all know the Vitamin C is very good for the immune system of ours therefore one pomegranate daily can easily boost the immunity. Image by © Hero Images/Corbis
- Helps in prevention of cancer – Vitamin A, C, Iron and anti-oxidants present in pomegranate helps in fighting against those free radicals discouraging them to damage the cells thus preventing various types of cancers like prostate cancer, lung cancer and breast cancer.
- Helps in controlling blood pressure – People who are suffering from the Blood pressure problem must include pomegranate in their fruit diet as it helps in reducing the blood pressure level by 5% when consumed daily. You have to take this in the form of juice to get the best result. Image by © Liam Norris/cultura/Corbis
- Prevents the occurrence of heart diseases –The anti-oxidants present in pomegranate helps in lowering the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol thus preventing the occurrence of heart diseases. In fact, if you can have pomegranate juice daily then it will help blood flow through your heart making it much healthier. Image by © VStock LLC/Tanya Constantine/Tetra Images/Corbis
- Arteries will stay healthy – If you face the problem of plaque formation in arteries then you must start having pomegranate juice daily as it will not only help in solving the problem but will stop reoccurrence too.
- Helps in prevention of dental plaque – If you are suffering from dental plaque then try having pomegranate juice daily as it will help you to get rid of the dental plaque too.
- Helps you flaunt healthy skin – Right amount of collagen is very important for healthy skin so pomegranate juice, which is rich in Vitamin C helps us get glowing skin. You can also use the pomegranate oil if you want as moisturizing body oil as it will be a great benefit to your skin and you will get soft and supple skin that you always wanted. The anti-oxidants present in this fruit helps in protecting the skin from all types of toxic gases and pollution that is so prevalent in our environment, thus making sure that you are protected from skin cancer and pre-mature ageing signs. As it helps in generating skin cells, therefore it removes the dead skin cells and keeps your skin glowing as ever. Image by © I Love Images/Corbis
- Helps in controlling your weight – If you are looking to reduce weight or maintain the same body weight, then you can include pomegranate in your diet as the high anti-oxidants present in this fruit makes sure that your body weight is controlled. Including this fruit in your diet also helps you in losing those extra kilos too.
- Helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease – If you take this fruit daily then it ensures that you are preventing yourself from getting the Alzheimer’s disease and if someone is already affected then the process can be slowed down. It helps the brain of the patient to work better thus he can perform daily activities better than before.
- Cell damage can be prevented – The high content of anti-oxidants in this fruit ensures that it keeps on fighting against the free radicals that are responsible for damaging the cells. Regular consumption of this fruit will keep your tissues and cell healthy.
- Helpful in preventing diarrhea – If you are suffering from diarrhea then even the doctors will advise you to take pomegranate as it is helpful in preventing diarrhea. Therefore next time you are suffering from stomach upset then you know which fruit to take that will help you.
Now you know how pomegranate is helping you in staying fit and fine, so start taking pomegranate from today.