Lemon Water for Weight Loss: Health Benefits and Recipes
Do you want to lose weight naturally? Drink lemon juice. All you have to do is to take a glass of lukewarm water and add lemon juice to it. Drink it daily and you will succeed in losing weight. Even professional nutritionists claim that drinking lemon juice can cause loss of weight. Lemon juice helps in regulating metabolism and absorption of sugar in the body. This makes it even more effective for losing weight.
The added benefit of lemon juice is that it can help you flush out some of the toxins present in your body. Drinking it provides you with instant energy and it can also burn out some of the internal waists of the body.
Drinking Lemon Juice in Water for Weight Loss:
Consuming lemon water is great for losing weight. This is because the mixture of lemon and water is made up of natural ingredients. It does not contain any preservatives or additives, or any kind of processed elements in it. So, lemon water is very healthy for your body.
Drink lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach. This helps in cleansing your body naturally and also detoxifies your system. The more lemon water you consume, more will be the weight you lose.
To make lemon water, take one glass of water and add the juice of one lemon to it. Your lemon water is ready.
Top Advantages of Drinking Lemon Water:
Acts as a Cleanser:
A part of the waste produced in the body can stay back in your colon and this can build up to cause cancer later on. When residue of waste lingers inside the colon, it can add some weight to your body. By drinking lemon water daily, you can cleanse your colon and get rid of all waste from the colon.
In addition, drinking lemon water daily is also an easy way to cleanse your bowels. This also helps in losing weight. By consuming lemon water, there is a promotion of fluid bowel function. This is very beneficial for the digestive system and lowers the probability of diarrhea as well as constipation.
Does not add to your calories:
As you know, lemon water is natural. So, it does not add any extra calories to your body when you drink it each time. So, it will be a good idea to replace the other drinks that have daily with lemon water. Any other drink that you have can surely add some extra calories, but lemon water will never do it.
Lemon water also helps in decreasing your hunger pangs. This is because lemon contains pectin fiber in it. If you have tried drinking coffee and tea to control hunger pangs, try lemon water instead. It is more effective and healthier than tea and coffee. Moreover, it contains zero calories. So, lemon water is better compared to other drinks.
The Amazing Health Benefits of lemon water other than weight loss:
- Lemon juice is a rich source of Vitamin C. this helps you to fight against cold, infections of the chest and other such problems. It is also good for providing your relief from pesky coughs.
- Lemon, being rich in Vitamin C, is good for your skin also. It can reduce wrinkles and blemishes that appear on your skin. To treat wrinkles and blemishes, you have to mix lemon juice with fuller’s earth, which is commonly known as multani mitti. Mix them well and apply on your face. Wait till it gets dry and then wash off with water. Using this regularly will give you positive results. To get rid of scars, directly apply lemon on the scars. Vitamin C in lemon can provide a healthy glow to your skin. So, try to consume it daily.
- Lemon contains potassium, which is very beneficial for your brain and the proper functioning of the nerves. It is also good for controlling the blood pressure.
- Drinking lukewarm lemon water helps in hydrating your lymph system and replacing fluids that are lost by your body. When your body lacks water, you may experience various symptoms like lack of sleep, fatigue, sluggish functioning of the immune system, lack of energy, low or high blood pressure, stress and so on. Drink lemon water to get rid of all these symptoms.
- Lemon water also can also make your breath fresher, as well as provide you relief from tooth ache and gingivitis. Never brush your teeth immediately after you consume lemon water. This is because lemon juice contains citric acid, which can erode tooth enamel. It is better to first brush your teeth and then drink lemon water.
- Mix lemon juice with honey and consume it to get relief from the discomfort that you feel when you have sore throat.
- Lemon juice is also good for preventing kidney stones. Drink half a cup of lemon juice daily to and this can increase the citric level in the urine. This way it protects you from calcium stones in the kidney.
- Drinking lemon juice can help you lower the body temperature when you suffer from fever.
Few Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss You Can Try:
Cucumber lemon water:
Take ½ of a lemon and ¼ of a cucumber, and cut them into thin slices. Put these slices in to a large pitcher and add ice cubes and water. Put the pitcher in to the refrigerator before serving.
Honey lemon water:
Squeeze out the juice from half of a lemon and mix it with one teaspoon of organic, raw, unheated honey and a mug of water that is boiled and cooled.
Similarly you can make lemon mint water, lemon ginger water and lemon cucumber mint water. One thing to keep in mind when you drink lemon waster to lose weight is to never add sugar to lemon water. If you want it sweet, you can add one teaspoon of honey instead of sugar. Honey has health benefits and is good for your skin and body.