Merkaba Meditation: What is it? How to do and Benefits
Practicing meditation in any kind is god for your health and mind. Merkaba meditation is a kind of mediation that you can practice. It has lots of benefits. This is a unique and interesting from of meditation. With regular practice it can transform your entire life.
What Does Merkaba Meditation Mean?
The word Merkaba is made of three words: Mer, Ka and Ba, which are Egyptian origin. Mer means a kind of light which rotates within itself. Ka means spirit and Ba means the physical body. The word Merkaba has several other pronunciations also like Merkavah and Merkava.
What is Merkaba Meditation?
Merkaba meditation is a form of meditation in which you reach a state that allows you to be aware of several fields of energy around you. It helps you to learn different kinds of breaths and postures. Merkaba meditation is also good for making you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. It improves your overall health. It acts as a medium and takes you into a state that you have never experienced before. It affects your heart positively and also your soul.
What is Merkaba?
Merkaba is a rotating field of light generated from geometric forms that can affect your spirit and body. It has the power to transport your body across different dimensions. The vessel is shaped as a star tetrahedron. When you are in the middle of the tetrahedron, the spinning shed around you take the shape of a saucer. It is about 55 feet across.
How to do Merkaba Meditation?
Merkaba meditation is easy to do. You need to practice it regularly to do it the right way. There are 10 steps you have to follow to complete one round of this meditation.
- Sit in a lotus position or Indian style or with feet on the floor. Keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth, near your upper teeth. Now bring your thumb and first finger of your hand together. You should do this for both your hands. Keep your palms raised up. Empty your lungs and then breathe through the nostrils.
- As you breathe in, imagine a red light, open the root chakra and hold your breath. Pulse the breath, short inhale. Now exhale slowly through the nostrils, fill the upper tetrahedron with red light then the lower. Pause, pulse your eyes.
- Now you have to bring your thumb and the second finger together. Inhale, and hold your breath for a few seconds. Now exhale. Imagine an orange light this time. Fill the upper tetrahedron with orange light. Move your eyes down. Change fingers again.
- Next you have to hold your thumb and the third finger together. Imagine a yellow light. Breath in, feel the solar plexus chakra opening, hold your breath for a few seconds and then pulse again. Exhale, fill the upper tetrahedron with yellow light. Move your eyes down and then change your fingers.
- Bring your thumb and the fourth finger together and imagine green light. Inhale, and feel the heart chakra opening. Hold your breath, pulse again. Exhale, fill the upper tetrahedron with green light, then the lower. Move your eyes down and change your fingers.
- Now you have to bring your thumb and the first finger together again. This time see the colour blue. Inhale and feel the throat chakra opening. Hold your breath, pulse. Now exhale, fill the upper tetrahedron with blue light. Move your eyes down and change fingers.
- Next you have to bring your thumb and the second finger together and imagine the colour indigo. Inhale and feel the brow chakra opening. Hold your breath, pulse. Exhale and fill the upper tetrahedron with indigo light. Move your eyes down and change fingers.
- Finally you have to bring your thumb and the third finger together. This time you have to imagine the colour violet. Imagine your crown chakra opening up. Hold your breath for a few seconds and then let it pulse again. Breath out, move your eyes down and change fingers again.
- Now you have to breathe in deeply. Try to feel the love that is around you. Relax and breathe in a rhythmic manner.
- Now you can continue with meditations of your own.
Music for Merkaba Meditation:
You can also try music when you do merkaba meditation. It helps in relaxing your mind and body.
Benefits of Merkaba Meditation:
Merkaba meditation offers you lots of benefits
- Practicing this meditation regularly helps in strengthening every aspect of your life and results in a profound contact with your higher self.
- This meditation allows you to reach a state in which you are aware of several beneficial fields of energy around you.
- You will be able to balance your emotions and mind better and will be able to get relief from stress. By practicing it daily, you will also be able to heal yourself.
- Makes you more focussed and helps you to ground yourself.
- When you practice this meditation regularly, you will feel a stronger connection with the world around you. You will also feel more energetic and happy.
- This meditation helps in purifying, balancing and opening all your chakras, nadis and the subtle bodies.
- This meditation is also beneficial for awakening your kundalini power.
- Practicing this mediation daily is good for your body as well as your mind.
- You can improve your health and with this meditation. It also revitalizes you and rejuvenates you.
- Most important of all is that you will remember and experience your close connection with the Higher Consciousness in a safe and protective environment.