Oolong Tea: How to Prepare – Benefits for Weight Loss
Have you heard about Oolong tea? It is a variety of tea that is very beneficial for providing you good health. It is also good for losing weight.
Green Tea Vs Oolong Tea:
Many people get confused between Oolong tea and green tea and think that both are same. But Oolong tea is different from green tea. It is true that like green tea, Oolong tea is also made with the buds, leaves and stems of the Camellia sinensis tea bush. The difference between them lies in the way they are processed. Green tea is not fermented but Oolong tea is partially fermented.
To make green tea, you have to pick and pluck the buds, stems and leaves of the tea bush and then heat them. This stops the oxidation of the leaf. After they are dried, their cell structure is broken by rolling them. Oolong tea, on the other hand, is kept under controlled conditions after they are plucked. So the oxidation process is not stopped and they are allowed to oxidize. They are not rolled and broken, which means that their cell structure remains intact. By drinking oolong tea you can lose weight effectively and naturally. Some of the properties of oolong tea make it a better option to lose weight than other means.
How does Oolong Tea help you Lose Weight?
Here are some the benefits of oolong tea for weight loss:
- Oolong tea helps in blocking the absorption of carbohydrates and fats. This property of Oolong tea is considered as one of the best benefits of drinking Oolong tea for losing weight.
- Oolong tea contains caffeine, which is good for increasing metabolism. An increase in metabolism means an increase in energy expenditure. This helps in losing weight.
- When Oolong tea is processed, the leaves are allowed to oxidize. This makes it better and more effective than black tea or green tea, both of which also come from the same plant.
- Oolong tea is good for increasing the oxidation of fats. So, by drinking Oolong tea, your body will burn fat for producing energy and this leads to a reduction in body weight.
- The amount of polymerized polyphenols in oolong tea is higher compared to green tea and black tea. This is very beneficial for providing you strong and healthy teeth and to prevent allergies. It is also good for making your skin naturally radiant and glowing.
- If you have craving for sweets and suffer from energy sumps later in the day and in the evenings, drink a cup of Oolong tea. This will help you to overcome these problems.
- Diabetic patients are also found to benefit by drinking Oolong tea. Those who suffer from obesity, eczema, high cholesterol etc also benefit by drinking oolong tea.
- By drinking Oolong tea, you can enhance your mental alertness and increase your thinking capacity. Moreover, it is also good for preventing heart diseases, osteoporosis, cancer and tooth decay.
These are some of the benefits of drinking Oolong tea. It is already proved that oolong tea has the ability to burn up to 157% more fat compared to green tea. Just drinking 2 cups of oolong tea is enough to help you lose weight by enhancing your metabolism and blocking the negative effects of carbohydrates.
The best time to drink oolong tea the morning time. Start you day with this tea as this time is considered to be the best time for drinking oolong tea. Drinking a cup of this tea before lunch and dinner is also said to be beneficial as this helps in boosting your metabolism and increasing your energy. Another benefit of drinking oolong tea is that it helps in reducing your appetite by regulating the blood sugar levels in your body. So, you will eat less food and this naturally reduces the calories and fats you take in. As a result, you will start losing weight.
One hour before you go for your workout, walk or yoga session, if you drink a cup of oolong tea, you will be able to perform your exercise better and benefits more. You get it in the market and it is easy to make tea with it. You can make t just as you make green tea.
How to Make Oolong Tea for Weight Loss:
- Take a cup of hot water and add a teaspoon of oolong tea to it.
- Steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now you can strain the tea.
- Let it cool slightly and then sip it slowly, enjoying your tea.
- Drink this tea regularly and soon you will get the results.
- Heat water on a stove and bring its temperature to 190-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour this water into a cup.
- Fill a tea infuser by adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of loose oolong tea for each cup of tea.
- Place in the cup and steep it for 2 to 6 minutes.
- Drinking this tea two times a day with meals helps you in losing weight.
- Take a cup of hot water and add one teaspoon each of oolong tea and green tea to the water.
- Steep it for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain it and let it cool.
- You can drink this tea twice a day. Take one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening or late in the afternoon.
- Steep oolong tea bag for one and a half minute in boiled water and put a cover on it.
- Now you can take out the tea bag and drink tea.
- You can use this tea bag again, but you must remember to steep it longer when you use it for the second time.
- Drink this tea regularly to get best results.