Raw Potato Juice for Weight Loss: Does it Really Work?
People often avoid potato when they want to lose weight. They think it is high in carbohydrates and try not to consume potatoes. But in truth potato is good for weight loss. Raw potato juice can help you lose weight.
How potato juice lead to weight loss?
People often depend on crash diets, diet pills and weight loss tablets to lose weight easily and without much strain. But these can be harmful for your body and can cause side effects as well. So the best way is to lose weight in a natural and healthy way. Make sure that weight loss should be holistic. When you opt for weight loss regimen, you should make sure that you pay much attention to internal health as well. Potato is not expensive and it also has lots of health benefits. All these make potato a good option to lose weight effectively and naturally.
The juice of potato helps in stimulating the digestive system. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory and alkaline properties. When you consume potato juice in the right way, the pH balance of your body is also restored. It is great for cleansing the liver, and for getting you relief from constipation. It is also good for ensuring the smooth functioning of the digestive system. When the digestion is improved, weight loss is also encouraged.
How to Choose Potatoes the Right way?
Potato is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, and fibre. It also contains sodium in low levels. So, you can see that potatoes are not at all unhealthy as they are made to appear so. On the other hand, potatoes are filling and can help in keeping your stomach full for a longer time. So, they are great for preventing you from overeating. By including potato juice in your daily diet, you can prevent yourself from snacking every now and then. It also lowers your possibility of having unhealthy foods that can also make you fat. If you are keen to try potato juice for losing weight, you should know exactly how to go on with it. Here are some tips that will help you.
- Make sure that you select firm, fresh and organic potatoes to make the juice, most preferably those with ‘eyes’ and a reddish brown skin.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly with water. This helps in removing the impurities that may be present on the skin.
- Now put the raw potatoes in to a juicer and extract the juice. If you do not have a juicer with you, you can grate the potato and squeeze the grated potato to get the juice.
- You will have to consume about 100 to 150 ml of potato juice daily to get the desired results. So, juice the potato accordingly. .
- Try to drink the potato juice on an empty stomach. So, it is better to drink it when you get up in the morning. Have your breakfast at least half an hour after you have had the potato juice.
- Eat lightly for the two weeks when you are on potato juice. Try to add more fruits and vegetables in your diet and stay away from processed foods that are high in sodium and refined sugars.
- Take the juice of the potato when you want to drink the juice. So not keep the juice in the refrigerator. You should drink it fresh.
- If you do not like the bland taste of potato juice, you can add a teaspoon of honey to it. You may also add the juice of lemon to the potato juice. This helps in making the juice tastier.
- Make sure that you drink the juice daily for at least two weeks. Then you can take a break for a week and then again start drinking it for two weeks. Keep repeating this cycle till you get the desired results.
- It is important that along with potato juice you also consume healthy food that is nutritionally balanced. Otherwise your weight loss efforts will be in vain. Never eat unhealthy food when you are on potato juice diet.
Other than weight loss potato juice also has many other benefits. Some of its benefits are:
Raw Potato Juice Benefits and Uses:
- The alkaline property of potato juice helps in alkalizing the body and prevents various diseases like cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
- Potato juice is an excellent remedy for eczema and also acne. So it helps in keeping your skin clear and flawless.
- Potato juice is great for treating gout. This is because it helps in flushing out the uric acid from your body.
- Potato juice can lower the levels of cholesterol levels in your body. This way it helps in improving your health.
- It is also a great detoxing agent and flushes out toxins from your liver and gall bladder. In Japan and other countries potato juice has been used to treat hepatitis and it is found to be effective.
- Studies show that potato juice is good for treating pancreatitis and kidney diseases. It is also said to be effective for treating diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Potato juice is full of vitamins A, C, B, and minerals. So, it is a miracle food for the GI tract.
Note: When you are on the potato juice weight loss programme, remember that you should avoid refined sugar, processed food and excessive salt. You should also not have heavy meals. Make sure that you drink lots of water.
Include fresh fruit fruits in your diet. This helps in giving the best results. No diet can work perfectly unless you combine it with a healthy exercise regime.