How to Repair Damaged Hair Fast at Home: Top Remedies
People born with naturally shiny hair are considered very lucky. But if you are not one among them, you can still have silky and lustrous locks by trying a few home remedies listed below. The strength and softness of hair determines the health of your hair. Chemical treatments can harm your hair and cause breakage of hair and hair loss. Our kitchen contains various ingredients that help us have healthy and glossy hair. Here are some effective home remedies to restore the moisture and shine to your hair.
Home Remedies to Repair Damaged Hair (Restore Moisture):
Take care to undergo a deep conditioning treatment for your hair once in a week. You can also use a hair mask.
There are DIY hair masks that can help you make your hair soft and shiny:
- Adding honey to your hair care regime helps a lot in keeping your hair moisturized and shiny. Make a hair mask by mixing honey with avocado and apply it to your hair regularly. This can restore the lost moisture to your hair.
- Egg is one of the best ingredients you can use in hair masks and for conditioning your hair.
- Take an egg and mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them well and then apply the mask on your hair evenly. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a plastic wrap to prevent the mixture from dripping. Let the mixture remain on your hair for about 10 minutes and then wash your well. Egg contains high amounts of protein and amino acids, which help in making your hair stronger and shinier. The olive oil in the mixture is great for conditioning your hair and to make your hair softer.
- This hair mask is very effective and helps in brining an instant shine to your hair. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply the mixture on your hair. Rinse your hair with cool water. This adds life and shine to your hair instantly. The ingredients you need are egg, honey and plain yogurt. You can take a large egg for long hair and medium egg for shorter hair.
You can make your own hair rinse as well:
- One good option is to use vinegar as your hair rinse.
- The other option is tea. Rinse your hair with cooled steeped black tea or chamomile tea.
It is very important that you drink lots of water. This helps in keeping your body well hydrated. Your hair is also made up of 25% of water. It is water that provides energy to the cells of hair, and helps in promoting hair growth. When your body is well hydrated, the toxins from your body are flushed out. As a result, your skin as well as your hair will get a healthy glow. So, make sure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Dehydration can cause hair loss as well as breakage of hair.
Along with drinking of water, it is also important that you have a healthy diet. Make sure that the diet you have is rich in Vitamin B and proteins. This ensures that you get long and soft hair. You must have noticed that people from the coastal areas usually have shiny and softer hair. This is because their diet is rich in seafood. So, consume foods rich in vitamins and proteins to make your hair soft and silky.
Use the best deep cleansing shampoo:
- When dirt gets collected on your hair, your hair may look dull and sticky. Using a too gentle shampoo can cause this as it will not be able to clean your hair completely. Using harsher shampoos can strip the moisture and natural oils from your hair. This makes your hair dry and brittle. So, what you can do is to add a small amount of baking soda to your mild shampoo. You add up to one teaspoon of baking soda. This way you can remove the dirt and grease from your hair without harming your hair in any way, and make your hair shiny.
- You can also take a break from your regular shampoo and massage your hair and scalp with baking soda instead. This can absorb the oil on the scalp and hair and loosen the dead skin collected on the scalp. Rise with water. Initially you may find your hair dry, but after some weeks you will see that your hair is smooth and shiny, and free from dandruff.
Warm oil massage:
Oil massage helps a lot in moisturizing your hair. When you massage your scalp with oil, it increases the blood circulation in the scalp and hair. This improves the health of your hair and promotes better hair growth.
- Massage your scalp with any warm oil and this helps in increasing the blood circulation. Parachute advanced hair treatment is a good option. You can use the hair massager that comes with it to massage your hair.
- After massaging with warm oil, wrap a hot damp tower on your hair. This will give a spa like treatment to your hair and allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the hair follicles.
- You get many herbal oils in the market for massaging your hair. You can also make your own herbal oil at home. Soak herbs like shikakai and reetha in coconut oil or sesame oil.
- After applying the oil, rinse your hair well with a mild shampoo. Rinsing your hair with beer is also good for restoring the lustre to your hair.
So, follow the home remedies mentioned above, and this will add moisture and shine to your hair.