Rosewater (Rose Hydrosol) Benefits & Uses for your Eyes
Rose is a beautiful flower and one of the most widely used flowers to express love and affection. It has lots of health benefits and it is also has many beauty benefits. Rose bud, rose oil and rose water are used for various purposes. Rose water is very beneficial for soothing your eyes. People spend endless hours sitting in front of the computers and this can greatly affect the eyes. The increasing pollution also causes various problems to the eyes. So, you have to take proper care of your eyes. Rose water, with its healing properties, is excellent for your eyes. Here are some of the beauty benefits of rose water for your eyes.
How Rose Water Benefits your Eyes?
Good eye drops for relaxation:
Rose water can be used as eye drops and they are very effective as eye drops.
- Put two or three drops of rose water into each of your eyes.
- Lie down in a comfortable position and relax for at least 10 minutes with your eyes closed.
- This helps in relaxing your eyes and also gets rid of the extra dirt that may be present in your eyes.
Reduce stress and fatigue:
Rose water is an excellent eye wash and helps in reducing stress and fatigue, when you spend too many hours sitting in front of the computer or gazing at the television screen, your eyes may get tired. To treat your eyes with rose water under such conditions, follow the tips given below:
- Take some water and add a few drops of rose water to it.
- Now dip a cotton pad in it and rinse your eyes well with it.
Rich in antibacterial and antiseptic properties
Rose water is known for its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which make it very useful for treating various eye problems. It protects you from dust, redness of eyes, pollutants, inflammation of the eye as well as harmful ingredients that may be present in your makeup and beauty products. You can use it in the following way:
- Take two cotton balls.
- Dip the cotton balls in rose water or spray rose water on the cotton balls.
- Place these cotton balls on your eyes and wait for 10 to 15 minutes. This will provide you the best results.
Treats dark circles effectively:
Rose water is often used for getting rid of dark circles. Here is how to use it for removing dark circles:
- Mix rose water and milk and spray this mixture on a cotton ball.
- Place this on your eyes and let it remain for at least 10 minutes on your eyes.
- Using this mixture daily on your eyes will give you positive results within 3 or 4 weeks.
Additional Rose Water Beauty Tips:
- Before you go to sleep, make sure that you have removed all traces of makeup from your eyes. Never sleep with your eye makeup on.
- Use a good quality eye makeup remover and remove all makeup before you go to sleep.
- If you are doing a job in which you are required to work for long hours in front of the computer, then take a break every 20 minutes and look away from the computer. This will help in providing some relaxation to your eyes.
- When you are working constantly on the screen, tension may build up on your eyes and your eyes feel tired. To ease the tension and tiredness, you can splash your eyes with cold water. This will freshen up your eyes and removes all tiredness and fatigue.
- If you are using contact lenses, make sure that you always wash your hands before you wear or take off your contacts. This way you can avoid any infection that may occur to your eyes.
- Take care not to wear contact lenses continuously for more than 19 hours.
- Try not to rub your eyes too much. This can cause harm to your eyes.
- When spending long hours working on your computer, look away from the screen and blink your eyes repeatedly for some time. You can do this every 15 to 30 minutes. This can help in getting rid of the tiredness that you feel in your eyes.
- Make sure that consume foods that are good for increasing your eye sight. Vitamin A is very beneficial for the health of your eyes and for good eyesight. So, include foods rich in vitamin A in your daily diet.
- Whenever your eyes feel tired or sore, take two slices of cucumber and put them over your eyes. This will help in soothing your eyes and also provides coolness to your eyes, making them fresh.
- Whenever you go out in the sun, make sure that you wear sunglasses that protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Make sure that there is proper light when you read. If you read in poor light, it may cause harm to your eyes and vision.
- Never try to look directly at bright light as this can damage your eyes.
- Do proper exercise, especially for the eyes. This can help in relaxing your eyes in a better way. There are many eye exercises that are simple and easy to do. Do them regularly to keep your eyes healthy and to improve your eye sight.
Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, without which life would be incomplete. So, never neglect your eyes. Take care of your eyes by following the tips given above.