Sampoorna Eye Yoga: Definition, How to do and Its Benefits
Eyes are very important organs of our body and we must take proper care of our eyes. If you are worried that your eyesight is not as good as it was before and you may have to wear eyeglasses, then it is time that you make all effort to improve the your eyesight. In this article we will discuss about yoga for the eyes, which is known as Sampoorna eye yoga.
Sampoorna Yoga Definition:
“Sampoorna” is a Sanskrit word signifying ‘full’, ‘aggregate’, or ‘complete’. Yoga for treating complete eye related problems is called Sampoorna Eye Yoga. This totality is reflected in Sampoorna Eye Yoga School’s admiration for all conventions of yoga and acknowledgment of understudies of all customs and genealogies from everywhere throughout the world.
People have been practicing eye yoga in India from ancient times. This helps in solving various problems connected with eyes and eye sight. Doing this yoga will not give you result fast. It takes time, but the result you get will stay longer and is very effective.
How to do Sampoorna Eye Yoga?
You can practice eye yoga at home in different ways. Here is a simple way to do it.
- Sit o the floor cross legged before you start this yoga. You can also sit in Padmasana or Ardha Padmasana pose to do this exercise. Here is how you can sit in Padmasana pose. Sit on the yoga mat and spread your legs straight before you. Now you have to bend your right knee and lift it with your hand, so that the right heel rests on the inner side of the left thigh. Next you have to bend your left knee and rest the left heel on the inner side of your right thigh.
- Once you have attained the required pose, you have to place your hands on top your knees, with the palms downwards.
- Massage your eyelids in a circular motion in clockwise direction with your fingertips. Remember to massage gently without applying much pressure on your eyes.
- In the next step, close your eyes, not fully but half, in the downward direction. Stay in this pose, and concentrate on yourself. Close your eyes slowly after a while. Close it fully, but do not exert ant pressure on your eyes. Once you fully close your eyes, feel the comfort that you feel on your eyes.
- Slowly you will feel the oxygen and blood flowing through your eyes and your entire body.
- Now open your eyes and look at the tip of your nose. Concentrate on it. Remain in this pose for a while.
- Now you have to focus your eyes between your eyebrows. Stay steady for a few minutes.
- Next you have to blink your eyes 5 to 10 times. You can even do it more than 10 times if you wish so.
- In the next step, move your eyes clockwise in circular motion. Do this 10 to 20 times.
- After moving your eyes in circular motion, imagine a point straight in front of your eyes. Stare on this point.
- Let your eyes move to the extreme left side, so that the muscles of your eyes get stretched. Remain steady and then you can move on to the next step
- Move your eyes now to the extreme right side and let the eye muscles get stretched. Stay in this way for a while.
- Next you have to move your eyes in the upward direction and stretch the eye muscles. Remain in this pose and then move on.
- Let your eyes move in the downward direction and stretch your muscles. Stay in this pose for a while.
- Next concentrate on the point that you had assumed in front. And then, with your eyeballs, imagine that your are drawing number 8, starting from that point.
- Once you have finished drawing number 8, you have to draw a circle in same way as you have drawn 8.
- Close your eyes and then blink your eyes, while you still keep your eyes closed.
- Next you have to do palming. Palming relaxes your eyes after the exercise and also improves your vision. To do this, close your eyes and then bring both your palms close together. Rub both the palms, so that your palms get warm. Place the palms on your eyes and cover your eyes with your palms. Cup your eyes with your palms and make sure that no light enters your eyes. Breathe in deeply and slowly, so as to provide relaxation to your eyes.
- Sampoorna eye yoga is complete and you can slowly open your eyes.
Benefits of Sampoorna Eye Yoga:
- Doing this yoga regularly helps in improving your eyesight.
- This eye exercise is very effective in stretching your eye muscles and making them strong.
- This yoga also improves your concentration, so that you can focus on what you do and perform your work more efficiently.
- If you spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer, do this yoga regularly. This will help relieving your eyes from the strain that occurs due to spending of long hours on the computers.
- If your eyes get dry fast, Sampoorna eye yoga is a good remedy for it.
- Doing this yoga is an excellent way to improve your sleep. So if you are worried about sleepless nights, do Sampoorns eye yoga.
- This yoga is also good for getting rid of tension and relaxing your mind.
- You can enhance your vision with this yoga.
Some other Eye Yoga for your Eyes:
- Stand straight on the floor and close your eyes. Now open your eyes and look straight up and then straight down, so that you draw a straight line with your eyes. As you look up, inhale deeply and as you look down, you have to exhale. Repeat this ten times. Close your eyes and relax.
- Put your palms in front of your eyes and look at your palms. Now move your palms to your sides and look in to the horizon. Inhale as you do this. Now exhale and bring your palms again in front of you. Focus on your palms. This exercise is good for improving your near vision as well as far vision.