Simple Natural Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Cracked heels are a problem that many of us face. Daily work outs take a toll on our feet and leave the heels and other parts dry and cracked. But, there is nothing to worry. With a few simple solutions, you can get back the soft and supple heels. Read on to know how.
Image Credits cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo
Rose Water, Salt, Glycerine, Lemon Foot Mask:
- Take some warm water in a basin to dip your feet. Add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerin and rose water to it. Let your feet soak in it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub your heels and the sides of the feet using a pumice stone or foot scrubber.
- Mix 1 tsp undiluted glycerin, 1 tsp rose water, and 1 tsp lemon juice and apply on your heels. Wear a pair of socks and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the procedure for a few days.
Vegetable oil Layer:
- Wash your feet to clean them, and dry them up completely. Apply a layer of vegetable oil on wherever you have cracks on your feet.
- Put on your socks and leave it overnight.
- Wash off in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure for a few days for best results.
Avocado and Banana foot mask:
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana over the cracked areas of your feet and heels.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash off.
You could also use ripe banana and avocado:
- In a blender, blend together a ripe banana and half an avocado, or the flesh of a half coconut.
- Apply this paste over the cracked parts.
Lemon Juice and Vaseline:
- Clean your feet well and dry them. Then, soak them in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse well after that and pat dry.
- Rub a mixture of 1 tsp Vaseline and lemon juice over your heels and other cracked parts. Rub it well so that your skin absorbs it completely.
- Put on a pair of socks and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off the next morning.
Paraffin wax, Mustard and Coconut Oil:
- Mix some paraffin wax with mustard oil or coconut oil.
- Heat this mixture in a pan to melt the paraffin wax well. Then, let it cool at room temperature. Once this cools down, apply on your feet. Use it before going to bed and leave on overnight for best results.
- Wash it off well the next morning.
Warm Water and Honey:
- Add a cup of honey to a bucket of warm water.
- Let your feet soak in it for some 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub it gently for supple and soft feet.
Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and Ground Rice:
- Add a few spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar to 2 or 3 tbsps of ground rice and make a thick paste.
- You could add some olive oil or almond oil in case your heels are extremely dry or cracked.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and use the above scrub to gently remove the dead skin from your feet.
Lavender, Lemon, Olive oil and Water:
- Use a cotton ball to apply some extra virgin olive oil and gently massage your feet for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put on a pair of thick cotton socks and wait an hour before washing off.
- Next, Mix together a tbsp of olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil or lavender oil and an equal amount of water in a small bottle to get a thick solution.
- Use this homemade foot cream a few times during the day and also overnight.
Oatmeal and Jojoba Oil:
- Take a tbsp powdered oatmeal and some jojoba oil and form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your feet, over all cracked parts.
- Leave on for half an hour and wash off.
- Repeat every alternate day to get rid of cracks.
- Put some sesame oil over your heels and other cracked parts every night before you sleep.
- Massage the oil well so that it gets absorbed well.
These natural tips will definitely help you to get rid of those cracked up heels and make your heels smooth and beautiful in no time