Strawberry Juice Benefits or Uses for Skin, Hair and Health
Are you tired of have the same juice daily and want to change your regular juice? If you want something that is refreshing on a hot summer day other than lemonade, you can try strawberry juice. Strawberry is juicy and delicious and tastes great. It is also loaded with Vitamin C, antioxidants, potassium, folic acid, Vitamin K, iodine, calcium, manganese, iodine, magnesium, omega 3 fats etc.
Strawberry Juice Benefits for Skin:
- The ellagic acid and vitamin C present in strawberry juice make it one of the best for your skin. So, drinking this juice helps in delaying the process of ageing, reduces the blemishes, pigmentation of the skin, keeps the wrinkles away and also protects your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Vitamin C and other antioxidants present in strawberry juice help in fighting against free radicals that can cause damage to the skin and the body. Free radicals accelerate the aging process and Vitamin C helps in blocking this process. Apply strawberry juice on your skin or drink a glass of strawberry juice daily to slow down the aging process.
- Strawberry is also good for treating acne and providing you a flawless skin.
Strawberry Juice Benefits for Hair:
- If you are experiencing hair fall issues or scalp problems, strawberry juice can help you. All you have to do is to massage your scalp with fresh strawberry juice before you wash your hair. Use this regularly for a few weeks and you will get results. Applying this juice on hair not only keeps your scalp healthy but also provides a healthy shine to your hair. It keeps your hair moisturized and silky.
Health Benefits of Strawberry Juice:
- Strawberry juice is a rich source of antioxidants. One of the important antioxidants present in this juice is ellagic, which has the ability to protect your body from the harmful actions of the free radicals. These can cause damage to the cells and lead to various problems. Studies made have shown that this fruit contains high amounts of vitamin C and fruit pectin. These are great for activating proteins in the body. This in turn helps in increasing the internal antioxidant production and in the removal of toxins from the cells.
- Strawberry juice is good for preventing cancer development in the body. This is because of the presence of Vitamin C, folates and ellagic acid in it. Folates have the ability to regulate gene methylation while Vitamin C and ellagic acid protect your body from free radicals that promote cancer.
- If you fall ill often, try to have a glass of strawberry juice daily. This is a rich source of vitamins and anti-oxidants and helps in increasing the immunity power of the body. As a result your body will be protected against infections.
- Include strawberry juice in your daily diet. This helps in promoting the strength of your tissues and also improves the healing process of the body. Vitamin C in this fruit helps in the production of collagen. Collagen is essential for keeping your skin looking young and healthy, and for preventing skin tearing. It also prevents weakening of the bones. High manganese content in this fruit juice supports the production of collagen and helps your body to heal faster.
- Strawberry juice, as mentioned earlier, is rich in Vitamin C. So, it is good for your eyes. By taking in Vitamin C regularly, you can make the cornea and retina of your eyes stronger. This helps in preventing various problems of your eyes like weak eyesight, cataract and near vision.
- During pregnancy, it is important that the body is kept hydrated, especially when women suffer from morning sickness. Strawberry contains water in high percentage and is therefore very effective for keeping the body well hydrated without being heavy on the stomach. It also contains soluble fibre in it. This is good for both the mother and the baby’s heart. Presence of folates, potassium and magnesium in strawberry juice are good for keeping your bones and teeth stronger.
- If you have a craving for the strawberries covered with chocolate, but worried that it can increase the levels of blood sugar and cholesterol, try to have a glass of strawberry juice instead. This is as delicious as any other dessert and also good for your health. It contains low levels of carbohydrates and sugar. Therefore it keeps your blood sugar and cholesterol within normal levels. It is also rich in potassium, which helps in keeping your cholesterol within control, thereby keeping your heart healthy.
- Strawberry juice is also rich in phytonutrients. These nutrients help in preventing inflammatory diseases like arthritis and asthma. So, if you suffer from such problems, make sure that you consume this juice.
- Strawberry juice is good for your nervous system. There is about 13 gm of naturally occurring sugars in each serving. This helps in improving the functioning of your brain cells. Vitamin C present in this juice helps in the production of norepinehrine, which is a neurotransmitter, or a chemical involved in nerve communication. Copper present in this juice help in the production of other neurotransmitters. Copper also helps in the making of myelin, which is a fatty substance needed for the nerve function. By drinking a cup of strawberry juice you will get 125 micrograms of copper or 14% of the copper that you require daily.
The only thing you have to keep in mind is that strawberries are goitrogen and can affect the functioning of your thyroid glands, especially in people with hypothyroidism. So, if you have any thyroid related health issues, avoid this juice.