Top Benefits of Eating Peanuts for Skin, Hair and Health
Peanuts are also called ground nuts because they are obtained from under the ground. They are available throughout the year are included in leguminous family. They also have the properties of nuts. So they are also included in nuts family.
Benefits of Peanuts for the Skin:
- Eating peanuts daily calms your nerves, blood vessels and muscles. This increases the flow of blood in the blood vessels, providing you a healthy and youthful skin.
- Peanuts are beneficial for treating disorders of the skin like psoriasis and eczema. Fatty acids prevent redness and swelling of the skin the protein in peanuts is responsible for cell regeneration. Vitamin e, zinc and magnesium present in peanuts make the skin glow from within and act on the bacteria that causes acne.
- Wrinkles, decreases elasticity of the skin and discoloration are some of the signs of ageing. Peanuts have a high percentage of Vitamin C, which provides firmness to the skin maintains the elasticity of the skin and make it look young and supple. This is because of the collagen present in Vitamin C.
- Peanuts also contain fiber, which helps in flushing out toxins and harmful wastes from the body, and provides you a healthy skin.
- Omega 3 fatty acids in peanuts are also good for the skin and keep it moisturized and hydrated.
- Oxidation by free radicals is the main cause for cell damage. Vitamin E present in peanuts prevents the oxidation of cells and keeps it healthy. It also protects the skin from the UV rays of the sun.
- The anti-oxidant Beta carotene I peanuts is very essential for a healthy skin. Inside the body it is converted into Vitamin a, which aids in the growth and repair of the tissues. It leads to speedy healing of wounds and bruises.
- Peanut butter is an excellent facial mask, which removes all dirt from your face and makes it look healthy and glowing.
- Fatty acids present in peanuts is very good for the brain nerve cells and helps the cells in stress management and mood swings. This helps in preventing wrinkles, dullness of the skin and the formation on fine lines on the skin.
Benefits of Peanuts for the Hair:
- Many of the nutrients in peanuts, including omega 3 fatty acids, promote a healthy growth of the hair.
- Peanuts contain larginine, which is an amino acid that helps in treating baldness in males and promote the growth of the hair.
- Vitamin E in peanuts helps in preventing the hair from getting dry and brittle and provides a healthy and strong hair.
Health Benefits of Peanuts:
Peanuts have high levels of anti-oxidants, which become even more active when the peanuts are boiled. Anti-oxidants like Biochanin-A is doubled and there is a fourfold increase in Genistein when peanuts are boiled. These nullify all the damages caused by the free radicals in the body.
Against stomach cancer:
Peanuts are rich in poly-phenolic anti-oxidants. P-Coumaric acid highly reduces the formation of carcinogenic nitrous amines, which in turn lowers the risk of stomach cancer.
Peanuts have the ability to reduce colon cancer, especially in women. Eating two spoons of peanut butter twice a week lowers the risk of colon cancer to almost 58% in women and 27% in men.
It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids, especially Oleic acid, which helps in lowering the level of bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol in the body, warding off coronary diseases.
When te level of Serotonin in your body gets reduced, it leads to depression. Peanuts contain Tryptophan, which leads to an increase in the release of Serotonin, thereby helping you to overcome depression.
The high protein content in peanuts aids in the proper growth and development of the body.
Consuming an ounce of peanuts or two tablespoons of peanut butter every week can reduce the risk of gall stones or gall bladder disease to almost 25%
Helps in fertility:
By taking peanuts before and during the early pregnancy period, your baby is born without any serious neural tube disorders. The folic acid present in peanuts reduces the risk of it to about 70%.
Prevents various diseases:
The polphenoloic anti-oxidant contained in peanuts called Reservatrol is capable of preventing various diseases like cancer, heart diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, diseases of the nerves as well as many viral and fungal infections.
Low risk of weight gain:
Females who take peanuts or peanut butter at least twice a week shave a lower risk of gaining weight than those who do not take it at all. So if you want to save yourself from obesity, have peanuts regularly.
Human body requires a lot of different minerals for the proper functioning of various organs and systems. Peanuts contain a lot of minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, selenium, zinc etc.
Protects the skin:
Vitamin E present in peanuts is needed for the maintenance of the mucous membrane cells and protects the cells from the damage causing free radicals.
Reduces the risk of stroke:
Reservetrol, the anti-oxidant is also effective in preventing the risk of heart stroke by increasing the presence of nitric oxide in the body.
Regulates blood sugar:
The mineral manganese present in peanuts promotes absorption of calcium and the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, as well as regulates the level of sugar in the blood.
Rich in energy:
Peanut is a rich source of energy and contains vitamins, nutrients, anti-oxidants and minerals.
Peanuts also contain Vitamin B complex, riboflavin, thiamin, Vitamin B6 and B9. Niacin, pantothenic acid etc, which are needed by the body.
You can see that peanuts have a lot of health benefits and therefore including peanuts in your daily diet is one of the easiest ways to remain healthy and fit. Those who are allergic to peanuts should avoid it.