Top Benefits of Potato Juice for Skin, Face, Hair and Health
Potatoes are common ingredients used for cooking. You can make a variety of recipes using potatoes. Moreover, you could make delicious snacks too. You could get the juice from potato and use it to cure a number of diseases. This potato juice is rich in phosphorus, iron, calcium, fibers, potassium, proteins and Vitamins A, B and C. this makes it a very healthy tonic for different kinds of purposes. Read on to know the different ways in which the juice of the humble potato can serve you.
Raw Potato Juice benefits on our Skin and Face:
Fresh juice of a raw potato can be used for treating cancer. You can cure kidney problems, heart diseases, hypertension, liver diseases, sore shoulders, lumbago, cancer, diabetes, and gastric ulcers by drinking 1 or 2 glasses of potato juice every day.
Detoxification and Cholesterol control:
Drinking potato juice daily helps in flushing out harmful toxins and controlling cholesterol levels in your body. It also helps in improving the immune system to fight off mouth corner cracks.
Dryness of skin:
Lotions and creams are not enough to treat problems of skin dryness. Drinking a glass of potato juice is really good for keeping toxins away from your body and keeping your skin hydrated.
Potato can be used as a treatment for hepatitis. It acts as a detox agent and is quite inexpensive too. The liver and gall bladder are flushed clean to keep your system healthy.
Inflammation is reduced
Potato is a good anti-inflammatory agent. It can reduce inflammations in joint pains, arthritis, and back pain. The raw juice therapy is used as an effective treatment for arthritis and rheumatism. It is best to drink potato juice right in the morning on an empty stomach. This is an age old medicine for treating all problems.
Pancreatitis and kidney diseases are cured by using potato juice. It is used to prevent calcium stones from forming in your urinary tract and kidneys. Moreover, diabetes and high blood pressure is also effectively treated by potato juice.
Potato juice helps make your body strong and healthy. It boosts immunity and treats sciatica.
Other benefits of Potato Juice for your skin:
- Applying potato juice gives a natural bleaching effect to your face and also reduces any swelling on your face.
- Treat blemishes by applying cold potato juice on your skin.
- Keep away wrinkles and get a glowing soft skin by applying potato juice on your face daily.
- Treat sunburn skin by applying cold potato juice. It soothes and cools your skin.
- To reduce dark circles, dip cotton balls in potato juice and put under your eyes for a while.
- A mixture of lemon juice and potato juice acts as a natural skin lightener.
- To rejuvenate your face and eyes, dip a cotton ball in potato juice and rub your face with it.
- When mixed with olive oil, potato juice helps in controlling dark circles, wrinkles, and crow’s feet.
- For flawless skin, make a mixture of potato juice, lemon juice and multani mitti, and apply on your face.
- To lighten your skin tone and control any puffiness under your eyes, use cucumber and potato juice to apply on your face.
- Make a potato mask by adding curd to potato juice. It helps keep your face hydrated, reduces the lines and also acts as an anti-ageing mask.
Potato Juice Benefits on your Dry And Grey Hair:
A hair mask using potato juice is very effective for healthy hair. Hair loss is controlled, hair grows faster and thicker, and your hair is also protected from external agents. Since it is natural, you need not worry about chemicals too. Follow these steps to use a potato juice mask:
- First of all, squeeze out the potato juice from a potato.
- Add a little honey and the white of an egg to it.
- Apply the mixture on your hair. Make sure you cover all parts well.
- Let it stay on your hair for about 2 hours or so.
- After 2 hours, wash off your hair using a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
Your hair becomes soft, silky and smooth after this treatment. It boosts the health of your hair and makes your hair beautiful from inside and outside.
a) Dry Hair: If you are having dry hair mix potato juice with aloe vera and apply that on your hair to give a shiny look to your hair
b) Grey Hair: Instead of applying shampoo on your hair, try applying potato juice which will darken your hair by giving it that beautiful glow you want.
Potato juice gives a soothing effect to your GI tract, and also cures excess acidity and indigestion. This is due to the alkaline nature of potato juice. Beans and fats can cause a terrible disease called gout. This disease is also cured by potato juice. For treating gastric disorders and gout, it is very effective to drink a glass of potato juice on a daily basis.
Raw Potato Juice Benefits on Health:
Cancer and cardiovascular diseases are prevented by potato juice. Drinking potato juice is effective in treating blockage in the arteries, cancers, tumors and also heart attacks.
Digestion and weight Lose:
Potato juice is very useful for people who are trying to lose weight. Regular consumption of it improves the digestive function as well. You need to drink a cup of potato juice on a regular basis before you breakfast every morning and also 2 or 3 hours before sleeping at night. This helps you lose considerable amount of weight. If you want, you could also mix some honey or any other juices along with it.
Potato juice is very useful for getting clear and healthy skin. Acne and eczema are reduced. You need to add lots of potato in your diet to get rid of eczema or even prevent it.
Joint Pains and Arthrtis:
Taking a glass of potato juice every day in the morning helps you to fight back pain, join pain and Arthritis problems due to the anti-inflammatory nutrients present in it.
Things to Note When You Drink Potato Juice:
- Look out for potatoes that are new sprout, have no spots, and are also ripe.
- In some cases, people may suffer from diarrhea due to potato juice. So, be careful about that.
- You could add some herbs like nettle, sage or spirulina, or even carrot juice to increase the taste of potato juice.
- In case you have any stomach trouble or issues with digestion, avoid drinking potato juice.
Potato juice can be so useful and helpful, that you can use it to cure a lot of your issues and troubles. Make full use of this vegetable and keep healthy.