Incredible Benefits of Eating Papaya for Skin, Hair and Health
Papaya is a fruit with numerous benefits. It could be used in a number of ways for good hair, skin, and health. Not just the fruit, even the other parts are beneficial. Read on to know how it could benefit you.
Image by © Plush Studios/Blend Images/Corbis
Papaya Benefits for your Skin:
- It is a great source of vitamin A and Papain, which help in removing dead skin cells and also breaks down the inactive proteins.
- The property of “Low Sodium Quality” helps keep your skin hydrated.
- It contains more carotene as compared to apple, custard apple, guava, plantains and other fruits. Hence it is a more wholesome fruit and is really beneficial.
- If you apply finely grounded paste of raw papaya on your face for 25 minutes, it helps remove unwanted pimples and blemishes.
- Eating and application of papaya gives you a smooth and supple skin. Doing it regularly gives your skin a glow, which is long lasting.
- Mashed papaya treats sore and cracked heels.
- It is a natural exfoliator.
- Applying papaya prevents discoloration of skin.
- The peel of papaya helps in whitening legs.
- Raw papaya treats ringworms. Rub a few slices on the ringworm patches to reduce the inflammation.
- Papaya reduces signs of aging on the face.
Image by © the food passionates/Corbis
Papaya Benefits for your Hair:
- Papaya prevents balding and helps boost hair growth and the strength of hair.
- It controls dandruff.
- A diet containing papaya reduces hair thinning. It has been found to be working, though results may vary for each individual.
- The minerals, vitamins, and enzymes in papaya help remove dirt, oil and chemical build up from your hair safely.
- Papaya leaf extracts add shine to dull, unruly and lifeless hair and can be used as a conditioner.
- Papaya hair mask gives you thick, strong, shiny and healthy hair.
Image by © SuperStock / Purestock/SuperStock/Corbis
Papaya Benefits for good Health:
- It is an antidote for hypertension. It contains potassium, which helps keep blood pressure under control.
- It helps improve eyesight. 3 or more servings per day keep your eyesight normal and also improve vision loss.
- Papaya boosts immunity. Beta-carotene in papaya boosts the immune system and helps it function better.
- Recurrent ear infections, cold and flu can be prevented by papaya.
- Papaya protects you from heart diseases. The nutrients in it help prevent oxidation of cholesterol.
- Applying the pulp of papaya directly on wounds heals external wounds.
- Take papaya juice and mix some butter. Applying this paste on chronic ulcers on your skin heals it quickly. Image by © Lawton/SoFood/Corbis
- Papaya contains latex, which helps you against respiratory disorders like cough, bronchitis, and breathlessness.
- It is good for diabetics.
- The fiber is able to bind to cancer-causing toxins in the colon to keep healthy cells from being harmed, and could thus help you from cancer.
- Papaya has got a large number of benefits for your skin, hair and health. Use it in the best way possible and keep healthy.
I just started eating this fruit and it love it… Gonna try it under my eyes for bags and see what happens
That article was amazing, I am very much impressed with your thoughts. I got the best information from this site of the blog, It’s very useful to all and us. Thanks for sharing this post.