Benefits / Uses of Spinach Juice for Skin, Hair and Health
Spinach is considered as one of the best foods for your health. It is full of essential nutrients needed by the body. Spinach belongs to the same family as that of kale, and beet. It has a good taste and is endowed with lots of health benefits. Raw and unprocessed spinach is a rich source of amino acids, carotenes, iron, potassium, magnesium, iodine and Vitamins A, K, C, E and B complex. The minerals in spinach are alkaline and therefore very beneficial in maintaining the pH level of the body. A chunk of spinach provides you the same amount of protein as that you get from a morsel of meat. If you find it difficult to have spinach in the raw leafy form, you can have spinach juice instead. It is extremely good for your health as well as your hair and skin.
Skin Benefits of Spinach Juice:
Glowing and Wrinkle Free Skin:
As you get older, your skin is not as shiny, soft or lustrous as it was in your youth. Gradually wrinkles and fine lines start appearing on the skin and you may also see dark patches here and there on the skin. Many people start using anti-ageing creams, ointments, masks, skin tonics etc at this stage. But instead of using these products, just make it a habit to drink a glass of spinach juice daily. You will soon see the difference it makes to your skin. Spinach, being a rich source of antioxidants, is very beneficial in fighting against the free radicals in the body and keeping the skin supple and well hydrated. It removes the wrinkles and fine lines on the skin and provides you a glowing skin. This way you will be able to fight against the damaging effects on your skin. Since spinach does not contain any chemicals like the skin care products that you get from the market, you will not suffer from any side effects. The antioxidants and vitamins in spinach play an important role in providing you a healthy and glowing skin that makes you look young.
Hair Benefits of Spinach Juice:
Healthy and Beautiful Hair:
A beautiful and healthy hair has an important role in your overall appearance and personality. So it is important that you take proper care of your hair and try to keep it healthy and in good condition. If your hair starts to thin on the temples or if the hairline starts receding, you may find it embarrassing to face people. An itchy scalp is also a nuisance. If you suffer from such problems, try having a glass of spinach juice daily instead of trying various shampoos and hair tonics that you get in the markets. These hair care products contain lots of chemicals in them, which may harm your hair and scalp. Spinach juice, on the other hand, is natural and full of Vitamin B complex. This helps in making your hair grow healthy and also provides it a good luster.
Health and Medicinal Benefits of Spinach Juice:
The green leafy spinach is a storehouse of vitamins as well as magnesium, potassium, manganese, carotene and folic acid. It contains almost double the amount of iron compared to other vegetables like carrot and cabbage. To get the best benefits from spinach, you have to consume it raw, as cooking can lead to the loss of many of the nutrients present in it. So have it raw at least once every day. You can drink spinach juice daily and this provides you with the following benefits:
- Spinach is highly nutritious and is very beneficial for the formation of red blood cells in the body. So, consuming spinach daily can prevent you from getting anemic. Those who suffer from anemia can cure it by drinking spinach juice daily.
- Since spinach is alkaline in nature, you get relief from rheumatoid arthritis by having spinach regularly.
- Spinach helps in maintaining the alkalinity level of your body and clears out the tissues.
- Bleeding gums is often the result of Vitamin C deficiency. Since spinach is a rich source of Vitamin C, you can cure bleeding gums by consuming spinach juice daily.
- Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants and folic acid. This makes it very effective for reducing the homocyteine level of the body and to lower the risks and hazards of atherosclerosis.
- Spinach is an excellent food for preventing various types of cancer. This is because of the presence of flavonoids, chlorophyll and lution in this vegetable. These keep a check on the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
- Being a rich source of Vitamin A and carotenes, spinach is very beneficial for your eyes. You can fights various problems of the eyes like poor vision, night blindness and cataract by consuming spinach juice every day.
- Spinach is an excellent remedy for various stomach problems as it is rich in fiber. You can cure various ailments of the stomach like ulcers, colitis, poor digestion, constipation and so on by consuming spinach juice regularly.
- Vitamin K in spinach helps in anchoring calcium in your bones. So consuming spinach is excellent for making your bones healthy and strong. It is an effective remedy for curing osteoporosis.
- People suffering from high blood pressure benefits a lot by consuming spinach juice regularly.
- Pregnant women benefit a lot by consuming spinach because it is full of nutrients that are required for the proper development of the fetus. Moreover, it increases the amount of milk in the mother’s body and also improves the quality of the milk.
Now that you have seen the various benefits of spinach, include it in your daily diet and see for yourself how it can change you for the better.