Best Anti Ageing Recipes (Drinks, Smoothies, Shakes & Juices)
We all fear the thought of ageing and worry that we may age too fast. Have you seen some people who look much younger than their actual age? You can also look younger and slow down the ageing process. Do you want to know how? Read on and try some of the food foods and recipes mentioned.
Anti Ageing Foods List:
Some of the best anti ageing foods are loaded with antioxidants as well as minerals, healthy fats, phytonutrients and vitamins. Here are some that can help you slow down the signs of ageing.
Green tea and many of the herbal teas like oolong tea, white tea, rooibos tea and black tea are full of antioxidants called polyphenols. They have the power to fight against free radicals and slow down ageing.
Berries contain anthocyanins, which is a powerful antioxidant that can maintain muscle cells and protect you from cancer.
Omega 3 fats in fish can help in slowing down the ageing process.
Green leafy vegetables:
Green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, Swiss chard, cabbage and beet greens contain nutrients that are healthy for the body and can slow down the ageing process.
This is a sea vegetable and rich in antioxidants like polyphenols, which can prevent premature ageing.
Turmeric and garlic:
These are also rich in antioxidants and nutrients that can slow down the process of ageing.
Anti-Ageing Recipes (Smoothies, Shakes and Juices)
Berry and avocado smoothie:
Cherries and avocados have anti-ageing properties. Adding flaxseeds to them provide added glow to your skin as they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Avocado – ¼ of the fruit
- Ground flaxseed – 3 tbsp
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Your smoothie is ready. You can pour it in a glass and have it.
Blueberry and Chia Seed Smoothie:
Blueberries are full of nutrients and have anti ageing benefits as well, as they are rich sources of fiber, Vitamins A, C, E and K, and minerals. This fruit also has low glycemic index compared to many other fruits. So, this fruit is suitable for diabetic patients.
- Coconut water – 1 cup
- Spinach powder – 1 scoop
- Chia seeds – 2 tbsp
- Virgin coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Frozen blueberries – ¼ cup
- Frozen banana – 1/3
- Add coconut water, chia seeds, spinach powder and coconut oil in a blender and blend well.
- Now add frozen banana and blueberries and blend again.
- Add ice and your smoothie is ready. It is ideal for breakfast.
Beetroot and Kale Smoothie:
- Beet – ½ medium sized
- Water – 2 cups
- Kale leaf – 1
- Cut off the root of beet and make pieces
- Remove the stem of kale leaf. Now put all the ingredients in a blender and blend well till you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour it in glasses and serve.
Cherry, Carrot and Pomegranate Popsicle:
This recipe not only makes you look younger, but also helps you to stay younger.
- Cherry juice – 4 tbsp
- Pomegranate juice – 4 tbsp
- Carrot juice – 4 tbsp
- Take all the juices together and mix them well.
- Take your ‘popsicle’ moulds.
- Pour it in to the moulds and freeze. This makes a healthy dessert.
Coconut Kale Smoothie:
Kale is one of the best foods for slowing down the process of ageing, and it helps in lowering the levels of cholesterol in the body. It is also good for making your bones stronger, detoxify your body and to prevent cancer.
- Kale leaf – 1 cup
- Cherries – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Ground flaxseed – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Frozen banana – 1
- Coconut extract – ¼ tbsp
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Pour it in to glasses and serve.
Cherry, Banana and Spinach Shake:
Cherries are known for their anti-ageing properties.
- Coconut milk -1 cup
- Cherries – 1 cup
- Spinach – 2to 3 cups
- Banana – ½
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender ad your cherry shake is ready.
Ginger, Lemon and Honey Detox Tea Drink:
- Water – ½ cup
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper
- Take water in a small pot and put the ginger piece in it.
- Boil on a slow flame.
- Pour this water in to a mug.
- Let it cool and then add cayenne pepper, honey and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve it immediately.
Spinach, Apple and Banana Green Smoothie:
This smoothie includes a number of vegetables that can help you slow down the ageing process.
- Organic celery -2 stalks
- Spinach – 7 cups
- Organic lettuce – 1 head, chopped
- Apple – 1 chopped
- Banana – 1
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- First you have to add lettuce to the blender and start blending it at a low speed.
- When it is smooth, add celery and apple and blend again.
- Now you can add banana and lemon juice, blend, and then serve.
Lemon Water with Turmeric and Cinnamon Drink:
This drink has healing and anti-ageing properties. Turmeric is known for its antioxidant properties. It can also fight cancer and destroy harmful bacteria.
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – ½ a lemon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – A pinch
- Honey to taste
- Heat water and then add turmeric, lemon juice and honey to water.
- Mix well and then drink when it is still hot.
Papaya, Carrot and Orange smoothie:
- Papaya – 3 slices
- Carrot – 3 medium pieces
- Orange – 1
- Fresh ginger – 1 small piece
- Take all the ingredients in a blender and blend well to get a smoothie.
- Pour it in a glass and serve.