Best Detox Drinks for Cleansing and Weight Loss
To have a healthy body and mind, you have to get rid of all toxins in your body. Detoxification or cleansing is considered to be as important as removing the makeup from your face before you go to bed at night. Water is good for removing toxins from the body, but detox drinks provide you nutrition without bloating your body. Often, detoxification can be the reason why you gain weight and lose the glow on your face. Pollution, stress, eating out, too much of alcohol and lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and also unhealthy skin.
Healthy Weight Loss Detox Cleanse Recipes:
Avocado, cucumber and flaxseeds:
You need 1 avocado, 1 cucumber, a pinch of salt and a few flax seeds to make this smoothie. Remove the seeds from avocado and scoop out the creamy part from inside. Blend this with sliced cucumber and flaxseeds. Add a pinch of salt and blend till you get a smooth and creamy texture. Cool it in the fridge or you can add ice cubes to it and have it.
- Avocados provide alpha and beta-carotene to the body as it is a rich source of vitamins, fiber and minerals.
- Cucumber helps in rehydrating the cells of the body and also flushes out toxins from the body.
- Flaxseeds also detoxify your body and help in weight loss.
Buttermilk detox drink:
You need buttermilk, coriander leaves, mint leaves, thin slices of carrot, half a teaspoon of roasted cumin seed powder and a pinch of salt. Pour buttermilk in to the jar and add the other ingredients to it. Stir well.
- Buttermilk helps you to lose weight and is good for proper digestion as it contains good bacteria. It also prevents skin diseases. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as well.
- Beta carotene is found in carrots, whim provides then antioxidant properties. Carrots are great for losing weight, improving vision, fight cancer and to improve cardiovascular health.
- Coriander leaves contain high amounts of Vitamin A and K, and is also rich in minerals like potassium and calcium. These leaves are good for curing indigestion, skin disorders and menstrual disorders. It helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels and improves your vision.
- Cumin seeds are rich in iron and are also good for improving digestion and to fight cancer.
Burn fat detox water:
For this you need a green apple, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, honey and water. Blend sliced green apples, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon each of honey and ground cinnamon. Lastly add 1 liter of water. Keep this in a fridge overnight. You can have it the next day.
- Apple cider vinegar increases your immunity and is also good for regulating insulin and controlling blood pressure. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in losing weight.
- Cinnamon has antioxidant, anti-clotting and anti-microbial properties, and is also good for controlling blood sugar. It improves the functioning of the brain and protects you from diseases of the heart. It has a warming effect on the body.
Fruits and veggie smoothie:
To make this you need vegetables, fruits, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Blend the vegetables and fruits and add salt and black pepper. Spin well.
Green tea and lemon:
As you know green tea is excellent for your health and skin. Detox drink of green tea with lemon is great for losing weight.
For this you need water, 1 green tea bag and ¼ of a lemon. Boil one cup of water. Put the green tea bag in your cup and add the hot water to it. Add the juice of lemon and drink it when it is hot.
- Green tea increases your immunity power. It is rich in the antioxidant called catechins. They destroy the toxic oxygen radicals and keep your skin young looking. They are also good for preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Lemon improves the flow of bile from the liver to the small intestine and helps in cutting down the extra fat in the body.
Honey, lemon and ginger:
You need half a lemon, 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ inch of ginger and a glass of warm water to prepare this. Heat a glass of water, but do not boil it. Now crush the ginger root and add it to the warm water along with honey and lemon juice. Drink it when it is still warm.
- Honey is loaded with vitamins and minerals and is beneficial for better digestion as well as for the metabolism of cholesterol and fatty acids.
- Ginger is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Slimming detox water:
This makes you feel refreshed from inside. You need 1 cucumber, ½ of a lime, a handful of green grapes, mint leaves and black pepper for making this drink. Put sliced cucumber, grapes and mint leaves in the food processor. Now add the juice of the lime and spin well. Add pepper ice cubes before serving.
- Grapes are excellent for preventing dehydration, lowering the sugar levels and to slow down the process of ageing.
- Pepper is a rich source of Vitamin E and is also good for improving digestion.
- Cucumber rehydrates your body and removes toxins.
- Lime is also good for digestion and to prevent constipation, heartburn and gastritis.
Kale and pomegranate:
You need a bunch of kale leaves, pomegranate, a pinch of salt and black pepper to prepare this. Put the leaves and pomegranate in to a food processor and add salt and black pepper. Spin well and add ice before you have it.
- Kale is good for lowering the cholesterol levels and is also beneficial for preventing cancers of colon, bladder, breast, ovary and the prostate. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can reduce body fat and provide you a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Pomegranate is rich in vitamins C, and K, folate, fiber, proteins and potassium. Its antioxidant property makes it good for increasing immunity. It can prevent prostate and breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart problems. It also improves blood circulation and memory.