Best and Proper Hair Care Treatment Tips for Rebonded Hair
Hair re-bonding is a common practice these days. Every woman wants the hair they always loved to have, and opt to re-bonding techniques to achieve this. The hair is chemically relaxed in this technique, to turn the curls straight and tame them. Women with unmanageable and voluminous hair prefer this method to make their hair more manageable. It does look god and lasts for a long time.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Re-bonding:
Re-bonding gives you beautiful and manageable hair. It gives a sleek look.
- No matter how careful you are, your hair has chances of being subjected to chemical damage. A lot of chemicals are used, which can leave your hair brittle.
- The roots get weakened after this process, so, the chances of hair fall is increased. You need to handle carefully to prevent loss of hair.
- There is always a risk of getting your hair burnt due to chemicals or the hair straightener.
- You will have to keep your hair open and loose at most times, as tying it tight or tucking up can cause damage to it.
- Each time you sit for a touch up to your re-bonded hair, your hair gets weakened further. It can become susceptible to damage over time.
Re-bonded Hair Care:
Image credits: thisisnadines
Re-bonded hair needs more care than the usual hair. All the chemicals and treatment procedures leave your hair brittle and susceptible. So, you must be careful while handling. Constant care and protection will be needed to keep your hair away from damage. Given below are a few tips to care of your rebounded hair. Follow them properly to keep your hair beautiful and healthy.
- In order to let the chemicals seep in and settle well, you must not wet your hair for a few days after the re-bonding session. Your hair will become greasy, but you have to keep on to this rule.
- Tying your hair or keeping it behind your ears is a strict no. this is because your hair acquires a shape in this state, and you do not want to spoil the look.
- Ensure your hair is straight when you sleep. It could get a weird shape otherwise.
- After three days, use a good shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair. It is a good idea to let the conditioner stay on your hair for a few minutes.
- Stay away from all kinds of heating tools. Even blow drying must be avoided. The cool blast of air option can be tried in case you really have to dry your hair.
- Leave your hair alone for at least six months. Do not mess with it or meddle with it, as your hair needs time to relax and settle down. The high dose of straightening chemicals can leave your hair tired and vulnerable. So, no hair coloring, no highlighting, and no streaks should be done within this time.
- Trim your hair regularly to keep your hair in top condition and keep it safe from split ends. Split ends can travel up and damage your hair if not trimmed in time.
- Hot water will take away the moisture in your hair. So, stick to only cold water for washing your hair.
- Do not let any residue stay back on your hair. It can cause itching, dandruff, and even hair fall. Keep your scalp clean at all times.
- When combing your hair, make sure you use a comb which is wide toothed. Separate the strands carefully, and remove the tangles. Plastic combs can cause frizz because of static, so better use a wooden comb.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily unless it is too oily or greasy. You can also try using a conditioner as a shampoo and just rinse away. This is known as co-washing. Alternate days of shampooing are also an option.
- Use a hair serum on a regular basis. A barrier is created between your hair and the outer environment. This protects your hair better and keeps it safe.
- A leave in conditioner is a good option. The moisture in your hair is retained, and dryness and frizz is also prevented by using this.
- Stay away from cold winds, rains, and even harsh rays of the sun. All these and other environmental factors can affect your hair. So, use a hat or umbrella and keep your hair safe.
- Get hair spas done regularly, or use a hair mask often. These treatments give your hair the necessary nutrition, and keep it moisturized.
- If you hair gets wet in the rain, get a good wash for your hair as soon as possible. Rainwater contains salts and pollutants, which can settle in your hair and cause damage.
- A nutritious diet is the most important thing you must keep in mind. Nuts, almonds, cashews, and loads of vegetables and fruits must be incorporated in your diet for proper nutrition to your hair. These foods are great for your hair and keep it healthy.
A Few Precautions:
- Never expose your hair to the sun and pollution. This must be ensured at all costs. Keep your hair covered and protected always. Re-bonded hair has got more chances of getting damaged due to the sun and pollution. So, be careful in this matter.
- Make sure your hair never gets too dry. When the hair gets dry, it even becomes more brittle. Moreover, rebounded hair which is treated with chemicals is weaker and more susceptible to damage.
- Stay away from hot water. Never expose your hair to hot water.
When you take good care of your hair, it becomes smooth, frizz free, and looks beautiful. Make sure you stick to a hair care routine to keep your hair healthy and strong. Even though re-bonded hair is susceptible to damage, t=it will never be a problem if you take good care of it.