Best Skin Care Tips for 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond
Taking care of the skin is very important to have a healthy and young looking skin and to delay the process of ageing. You must start skin care from the early stages and this is sure to provide you a charming and youthful skin.
Skin Care for 20 years old:
- By the time you reach 20 years, you must start taking care of your skin seriously. One of the important things is to protect your skin from sun, as it can cause wrinkles and fine lines with time.
- Those who are in their twenties usually have some skin problems like acne. So you must try not to use dehydrating products, which can stimulate the oil glands to produce more oil with regular use. An increase in oil production causes the appearance of more pimples on your face.
- The effects of sun on your skin take nearly 10 to 15 years to show. So you must be careful from the beginning. Using physical sun blocks such as titanium or zinc dioxide is much better than using chemical sunscreens as the physical sun blocks protect your skin while chemical sunscreens absorb the UV rays.
- This is the time when you have maximum collagen support, and you must use anti-oxidant rich and hydrating products on your skin. When you use these products, take are that you do not use those which completely remove the oil from your skin, because that will lead to the over production of oil by the oil glands and increased pimples.
- You must also start using a natural moisturizer on your skin at this age. This will help to keep your skin supple and hydrates later on, with the advancement in age.
- You may use oil free lotions, eye creams and nourishing lotions, as well as skin balancing cleansers at this age. Other than cleansing and moisturizing, you must also use a hydrating cream before going to bed.
Skin Care for 30+ age people:
- Facial oils like jojoba and rosehip are very useful at this age and they help in balancing the moisture in the skin as well as in reducing the sunspots on your skin. You may also use serums and creams that contain hyaluronic acid. Using physical and chemical exfoliants provides you a smooth skin and also increases the rate renewal of cells. Natural lotions with retinols, Vitamin C and kojic acid are also good at this stage.
- If you notice any lines appearing between the brows, around the eyes or the mouth when you make certain facial expressions, then you must start considering Botox treatment, which prevents the lines from increasing in number and/or depth.
- If your skin is sensitive to retinoids, you may use a moisturizer or a night cream with salicylic acid or glycolic acid at night. This will help in the exfoliation of the skin.
- Many people in their thirties start getting dull skins. One of the easiest solutions for this is exfoliation, which is possible at home also. You have many home remedies as well as exfoliating scrubs from the market as a solution for it.
- Start using cleansers that are creamy instead of gels as it makes your skin hydrated and encourage the collagen to function effectively.
- Try to avoid scrubs that are harsh on your face. This will not give good results.
- The cleanser that you use in the morning should contain AHAs to help in exfoliation and in the evening you can use cleansers that are creamy. Moisturizing the skin is also important. Green tea, Vitamin C, pomegranate etc which are rich in anti-oxidants help you to protect the skin from the harmful actions of free radicals. Once you cross 30s you have to use night creams containing retinol.
Skin Care at 40’s:
- At this stage you must use cleansers with AHA or salicylic acids. You may also use creamy cleansers. The moisturizer you use must contain petroleum jelly and shea butter and other supplements that are good for the skin. anti-oxidants are also important. It is the collagen that makes your skin look young. So try different methods that increase the level of collagen. You can also use a retinoid after consulting your doctor.
- At this age the skin starts sagging a bit, pores become larger and discoloration also appears. So, it is time that you start using fillers restylane, juvederm and radiesse. Laser Resurfacing with Fraxel treatment is another solution for this problem, but it is very expensive. It is effective in the treatment of ruddiness, blotchiness and red spots.
- Retinol is another remedy, the use of which reduces the fine lines and wrinkles on the face. You must also keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water and by using suitable creams.
Skin Care over 50’s, 60’s and Beyond:
- All the trouble that you took at your younger age for taking care of your skin will reflect on your skin at this age. You may see some pigmentations and spider veins on the skin, which are natural, not of much concern.
- Clean your skin with cleansers that are creamy and apply moisturizers regularly. You can use serum with peptides and anti-oxidants which the skin can absorb without any difficulty. The moisturizer should also contain SPF and UVA protection ingredients. The night cream that you use must contain retinoid.
- Elos laser and Fraxel laser treatments are helpful in treating spider veins and pigmentations respectively. Precancerous spots may be treated with Crotherapy or Topical medication.
- If any surgery is required for your skin problems, you must consider plastic surgeries like blepharoplasty and platysmaplasty.
- It is better to treat all your skin problems yourself at this stage. You can use serums and vitamin C. having fish oil capsules is also good for your skin.
With proper care of your skin, you can look you and charming even in your old age. So follow the remedies carefully and be confident about your skin.