Best Tips on How to Exfoliate your Skin, Face and Body
Taking roper care of the skin is very important to have a healthy and glowing skin. All of you wash your face and body at least two times a day. Most of the people use a cleanser to clean the face. But just cleaning, toning and moisturising your skin is not enough to get a smooth, glowing and young looking skin. You need to ex foliate your skin also. Cleaning the skin regularly removes the dirt from your skin and make it clean. But the dirt that is collected in the inner layers of the skin is not removed by washing your face. The dirt thus collected blocks the skin and prevents the skin from breathing. So, ex foliation of the skin is necessary to get a clean and fresh looking skin.
What is ex-foliation?
Ex-foliation is the process by which old and dead cells are removed from the skin and the new skin beneath the old skin is revealed. As you know, human skin is always on the process of regeneration. As new cells are formed in the lower layers, the old cells on the top layer of the skin die. These get replaced by the new cells formed underneath. But as one gets older, the natural regenerating ability of the skin is reduced. So exfoliation is the only way to remove old dead cells of the skin and reveal the new cells of the skin.
Ex-foliation of the skin may be done in two ways, which are Physical ex foliation and Chemical ex foliation.
Here exfoliation is made by physical means. For physical exfoliation you can use scrubs made of walnut shells. Apricot granules, herbal powders and even sugar and salt may be used for exfoliating your skin. Walnut shells are quite harsh on the skin and may even tear the skin when used. Apricot scrubs are gentle and do not scrub harshly on the skin. When you exfoliate your skin by physical means, you have to repeat it frequently to get good results. This is because it is temporary and stays for a short time. Moreover, it does not exfoliate the deeper layers of the skin. Only the top layers of the skin are benefited by it. So, many people prefer chemical exfoliation of the skin, which affects the inner layers also.
In chemical exfoliation of the skin, peels, alpha hydroxyl acid (AHAs), beta hydroxyl acids (BHAs) and enzymes are used to remove the dead cells from the skin. They act on the substance that holds the cells together and loosen the dead cells, and thus help in their easy removal. This treatment is good for those who need treatment for acne. Chemical exfoliation or microdermabrasion, may affect the skin adversely if not treated properly or if the chemicals are not used in the right proportion. So it must always be done by an experienced professional who is licensed to do such treatments. If this treatment is done in the correct way, your skin will have a glow and looks beautiful, and it will also last for a longer time in contrast to the physical exfoliation.
In chemical exfoliation even the deeper layers of your skin are treated and your skin will be rejuvenated and revitalized. One thing that you must keep in mind is to keep a gap between two treatments. Once you do chemical exfoliation, you must do it again only after a fixed time period. Otherwise your skin will suffer from an overdose of chemicals and it may even reverse the effects of the treatment.
Moisturising the Skin:
Moisturizing the skin is the final step in the skin care routine
- It helps to restore the moisture and the nourishments that your skin loses
- Moisturizer also makes your skin look healthy and glowing
- If you have a dry skin, remember that it shows the signs of ageing earlier. So you must always use a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and to prevent any signs of premature ageing
- People with oily skin also must use a moisturizer. Here you have to select a moisturizer that suits your skin
How to Exfoliate the Skin on your Face:
When you exfoliate the skin on your face, you must be very careful as the skin on the face is very sensitive.
- Dip a cloth in warm water, wring the water out and put the damp cloth on your face.
- This helps in opening the pores on your face
- This makes exfoliation easier and better
- Wash you face clean with your face wash
- Pat dry your skin
- Take an exfoliator or scrub, that suits your skin type
- Apply it on your face
- Now massage the scrub slowly on your skin in circular motion
- Massage your whole face in this way
- Take care to massage each and every part of your face and the neck
- After massaging properly, wash your face well and pat dry your face
- Apply a good moisturiser on your face as a follow up, which will keep the skin of your face hydrated and nourished.
How to Ex-foliate the Skin on Your Body:
- Always wet your body before you ex-foliate the skin on your body
- Use lukewarm water to wet your body
- Take an ex-foliant on a brush
- You can also use your hands to apply the exfoliant on your body
- Start massaging your skin in circular movements
- After massaging the body well, rinse off the scrub using cold water
- Once the exfoliation is over, apply a moisturiser on your body
By following these simple steps, you can keep your skin smooth and healthy. It does not take much time and you can do it regularly.