Cellophane Hair Treatment: What is it? Benefits & Side Effects
Cellophane treatment is a treatment of hair that helps in making your hair more shiny and lustrous. It is considered as one of the best treatments for changing the look and feel of your hair. This treatment involves sealing of the hair cuticles using cellophane. This helps in locking the moisture in the hair and prevents your hair from getting dry.
Is Cellophane Hair Treatment Good for the Hair?
Cellophane hair treatment is very effective for your hair. But many people are still apprehensive about going for this treatment because they think that this can cause damage to their hair. However, in truth, cellophane hair treatment is good for keeping your hair healthy. The products used in this treatment are rich in proteins, which help in making your hair strands strong. This treatment is done on the surface of your hair, so there is no risk of damaging your hair from the roots. It is done on the lower tresses of your hair and will never reach the scalp area.
With advancement in technology, a number of new procedures are introduced in every field, including the hair. They are very effective for treating various problems of your hair. Cellophane hair treatment is also one such hair care treatment. It is a chemical process and this helps in adding a lot of shine to your hair. It also makes your hair softer. If your hair is frizzy, you can undergo cellophane hair treatment to get rid of frizz and to change the texture of your hair.
Cellophane Hair Treatment Advantages and Benefits:
Till recently, hair dyes were the only ingredients that were used for adding extra shine and brilliance to the hair. But using hair dye is not very safe. It can cause a lot of side effects. Hair dyes are often responsible for causing damage to the shafts of your hair.
- With cellophane hair treatment, no harm is caused to the hair shaft because they are not touched at all during the process of this treatment. This treatment is mainly done on the hair strands.
- Cellophane hair treatment adds thickness and shine to your hair.
- The treatment is completely external as this hair treatment is pigment free.
- Treating your hair with cellophane treatment takes less time compared to other treatments.
- This treatment is so simple and easy that you can even try it home yourself. You can also colour your hair when you undergo cellophane hair treatment. This saves you from spending a lot of money in the salons.
Cellophane Hair Treatment Procedure:
The process of cellophane hair treatment is done on hair such that each hair strand gets coated with certain polymers. These cover the hair cuticles and prevent any damage or dryness of the hair. Applying the cellophane is quite an easy process. You can do it yourself at home also instead of going to the beauty parlours.
- First of all, you have to wash your hair well with a shampoo and then apply the cellophane on the wet hair. Use a colour bowl and brush to apply cellophane on your hair. Do not use your finger tips to colour your hair.
- After washing your hair with a mild shampoo, divide your hair into four sections and then clip them tightly. Take one section of hair and apply the cellophane. Leave the scalp and roots of hair and cover your hair from the top to the bottom with the cellophane.
- After applying the dye, cover your hair with a cap and relax.
- Keep it on your hair for at least 30 minutes. One thing to remember is that the colour you use on your hair should be of a darker shade than the colour of your hair.
- You can also allow the absorption of moisture in hair by wrapping your hair in a saran or by drying the hair with a hair dryer.
- Once the stipulated time is over, you can remove the cellophane and wash your hair once again. Apply a suitable conditioner after washing your hair. This will prevent your hair from getting frizzy.
- After drying your hair, you can style your hair as you wish.
Side Effects of Cellophane Hair Treatment?
The cellophane hair treatment is also known as permanent hair colouring service. Here no pigments are used for colouring the hair. In this treatment cellophane is used to add colour and shine to your hair with the help of glossing agents. Cellophane also has the ability to fill and plump the hair shafts when you undergo this process. As a result, your hair will look strong and thick after this process. It helps in sealing layers of cuticles of the hair.
The only side effect that cellophane hair treatment can cause is that this process of colouring is only temporary or semi-permanent. Once you wash your hair with shampoo, for 8 to 12 times, this colour gets washed off. As we spent money for the treatment, we expect it to last for a longer time. This is the only disadvantage of this treatment.
This treatment procedure involves clear as well as colour formulas. Most of these products have the temporary colouring, but they do not contain peroxide or ammonia. The colour deposited on the hair with this process gets washed off later on, leaving your hair looking lustrous because of then highlight used.
So try this hair treatment for yourself at home and you will get a soft, thick and lustrous hair.