Close Set Eyes – Makeup Tips to Make Them Appear Wider
Do you have close set eyes? To figure that out, you have to look straight in the mirror. If the space between the outer corner of your eye and the temple is more than the space between the inner corner of your eye and your nose, it means that you have close set eyes. You not worry if you have close set eyes. There are makeup tricks to enhance your eyes and make them look beautiful.
Important Tips for Close Set Eyes:
- If you have close set eyes, remember to always use a reflective or light eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye.
- You should try and accentuate the natural part of your eye. Smokey eyes may be the right thing for you.
- One important thing to keep in mind is to strictly avoid using dark shades on the inner corner of your eye. This can make your eyes come closer.
There are many celebrities like Rachel Bilson, Miley Cyrus, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet and Hilary Duff, who have close set eyes. But their eye makeup looks gorgeous.
Eye Makeup Tips for Close Set Eyes:
- First of all, you need to prime your eyes using a primer. Urban decay primer portion or NYX jumbo pencil in milk can be used for priming your eyes.
- Next you have to take a highlighter shade and apply it on the inner corner of your eyes. This helps in widening the space between your eyes. For this also you may use NYX jumbo pencil in milk.
- Now take a light coloured shimmery shade in gray or beige shade. Apply this on your eye lids. This helps in lifting up your eyes, so that your eyes look wider. Make sure that there are no creases on your eyes.
- When you have close set eyes, you have to balance your eyes in such a way they do not appear too close. The easiest way to do this is to concentrate light colours on the inside part of your eyelid and darker or brighter colours on the outside. In close set eyes, the side nearest to your nose is a little heavier. So, to balance them, you have to put a little extra something on the outside. So, the eye shadow that you apply should be of a darker shade on the outside.
- A very important tip for close set eye makeup is to make your eyes Smokey. Smokey eyes are perfect for close set eyes. Apply a dark eye shadow like shades of black or brown on the outer corner of your eyes. This will give a wider look to your eyes. If you do not prefer too dark eye shadows, you can use dark purple or blue instead. You can blend away all the harsh edges using a fluffy brush.
- Next you have to contour your eyes. This helps in making your eyes look wider.
- Apply black eyeliner on your upper and lower lash line. This can bring a huge difference to your eyes. Make sure that you don’t take the under-eye liner all the way to your inner corner. This can create extra weight on both sides. As the inner corner is already heavier, you need not make it even heavier with the eye liner. This can make your eye makeup look unbalanced. You can take it three-quarters of the way, or until your eyelashes stop.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that when you line your upper lid is to do it thin and then thicker. Make sure that the line is very thin in the inner corner. This is because if it is thick in the inner corner you are adding more weight to this part, which can make it unbalanced. So, use eyeliner that is firm but with super thin tip. This helps in crating really delicate lines.
- If you are wearing cat eye, then you have to keep it thin on the inside corner and then as you go to the outer corner, make it thicker. When you get closer the outer corner, make the invertible wing. This flick helps in giving an extra weight at the outside and balances your face well.
- Now you can apply mascara on your lower and upper lashes. You can use Maybelline mascara, which can make your eyelashes look more elongated, thereby giving a dramatic look to your eyes.
- People often say that you should not wear false eyelashes when you have close set eyes. But you can wear them if you wish so. The trick is that you should do it carefully. The key here is also balance. Pick a style of eyelash that is thicker and longer on the outer corner. If you do not prefer full-band eyelashes, you can get a set of individual clusters and apply a few on the outside corner of your upper lash line. This helps in providing an extra weight to the outside of your eyes and balances your eyes perfectly. It also looks more natural.
- Another thing to remember is to custom trim your lashes. The length of the eyelashes should match well with your eye shape and size.
Now that you have seen various ways to apply makeup on your eyes and make them look gorgeous, follow the tips given above and see the difference it brings to your eyes. You will no more feel embarrassed to go out with your close set eyes. Apply the makeup in the right way and you will have beautiful as well balanced eyes.