How to Get Rid of Blackheads with Hydrogen Peroxide
Do you have blackheads on your face? You might have tried various methods, but in vain. You need not worry. There is a very simple and effective way to get rid of blackheads from your face. The solution for this problem is hydrogen peroxide. Here is how it can help in removing blackheads.
Blackheads are a form of acne. They are formed when the oil clogged in the pores of the skin gets oxidized. As a result, your skin becomes brownish or blackish in colour. You can get blackhead removers in the market. But they are not very effective in removing the blackheads as they often promise you. You need a home remedy, which can help you get rid of blackheads and also keep your skin looking great. Hydrogen peroxide is one such remedy.
How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Remove Blackheads?
Removing blackheads with hydrogen peroxide is very simple. You can do it in the following way:
- Even after taking all measures to keep your face clean by using good cleansers and covering your face with scarf when going out, dirt can still get on to your skin. So, before you start using hydrogen peroxide for getting g rid of blackheads, you need to cleanse your face well. Use a mild cleanser or a mild soap for this purpose. Make sure that you use mild cleanser as your aim is to go mild instead of using soaps and cleansers with chemicals. So, wash your face with a mild cleanser. It helps in removing bacteria, excess oil and other impurities that may be there on your skin. After washing, you can pat dry your skin with a fresh and clean towel.
- Next you have to exfoliate the areas of the skin where there are blackheads. You need a good scrub for exfoliating your skin. You can use a homemade scrub for this purpose. A paste made with sugar and water makes a good exfoliator. It is mildly abrasive and can help in getting rid of the oxidized blackheads. Rinse your face well after using the exfoliator and pat dry your skin.
- Now you can start your treatment with hydrogen peroxide. Take a cotton ball and moisten it with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Dab your blackheads gently with it. As you dab your face with it, you have to take care to avoid your eyebrows and hairline because it can bleach your hair.
- After applying the hydrogen peroxide, moisturize your skin with jojoba, avocado or olive oil while your skin is still damp. Take one teaspoon of the oil in your hands and massage your face with it. It acts as an emollient and helps in protecting your skin by locking the moisture.
Hydrogen peroxide will dissolve the blackheads and remove them from your skin. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the scars caused by blackheads. All that you have to do is to exfoliate your skin and then dip a cotton ball in a solution made by taking equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide. Rub the affected areas with this cotton ball. Leave it on your skin overnight and then you can wash it off in the morning with water. With regular application of hydrogen peroxide, the scars will get lighter and slowly fade away, leaving your skin looking bright and clear.
Tips for using Hydrogen Peroxide:
- Sometimes you tend to overdo things thinking that it can give you better results. But it is not good all the time. Sometimes it can have negative affects also. Make sure not to over-exfoliate your skin because this can irritate your skin and remove the stratum corneum more than normal. This is a layer of bonded, dead skin. This layer helps in preventing your skin from losing moisture and also keeps away infections.
- If hydrogen peroxide is not available or if you prefer not to use it, then you can use lemon juice on your skin. This is a great home remedy for treating acne and pimples as well for getting rid of scars.
- For exfoliating your skin, you can use salt instead of sugar. But when you use salt, it can make your skin dry. Sugar is humectants. This means that sugar has the power to draw moisture from the air to your skin. Sugar is also a rich source of alpha hydroxyl acid. This helps in keeping the sebum plugs in the pores of the skin soft and easy to remove.
- When you apply hydrogen peroxide on your face, you must take care to avoid contact with your eyes. If it comes in contact with your eyes, rinse your eyes with water immediately. If you face some problems even after washing your eyes, then you can visit a medical professional.
- You can use an exfoliating scrub 1 or 2 times a week. Using the scrub helps in preventing blackheads from appearing on your skin.
- You should always use a mild face cleanser and moisturizer on your face. This helps in soothing and healing your skin. Using natural products on your skin is always best for your skin, especially when you have acne and pimples on your skin.
When you want to remove blackheads, hydrogen peroxide is one of the most effective options. Hydrogen peroxide can dissolve the blackheads and remove them easily. By treating blackheads with hydrogen peroxide, you can not only get rid of blackheads, but also get a skin that is bright, radiant and clear.