How to get rid of Oily Smelly Hair Syndrome: Home Remedies
Any unpleasant odor in your hair leaves you feeling embarrassed. It could even be due to smelly hair syndrome. People with oily hair are more prone to this condition. There could be many reasons like stress or hormonal imbalance behind smelly hair. Read on to know a few simple and easy tips to treat smelly hair and leave a lingering fragrance.
Apple Cider Vinegar for treating hair stinks:
This is a very useful ingredient for cleansing your hair and removing any kind of build up. This is enough to reduce any kind of foul smell and oils in your hair. Your hair becomes shinier, and the pH level is restored.
- Mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar, two cups of distilled water, and three drops of any essential oil. You could choose from lavender, rose, or any other. Spray this on your hair, and wash it off after a few minutes.
- Another option is to wash your hair with a solution made with half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water.
Do not try this more than twice a week.
Aloe Vera for smelly hair and scalp:
To soothe and heal all problems of your scalp, ale vera is the best remedy. It helps treat dandruff, hair loss, and also stinky hair.
- Take some aloe vera juice or gel and apply after shampooing. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Mix half a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a teaspoon of lemon juice to your shampoo.
Repeat any one process once every week.
Baking Soda for smelly hair treatment:
Baking soda is very useful for neutralizing all kinds of bad odors and even reduces the oiliness of your hair.
- Take one part of baking soda and three parts of water to make a mixture.
- After rinsing your hair and making it damp, apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
- Let it stay for 5 minutes before washing off.
- Try this remedy once a week.
Lemon Juice for clean and fresh smelly hair:
Lemon juice makes your hair clean and fresh. Moreover, you also get shiny, smooth hair along with protection from dandruff and infections.
- Take the juice of two lemons and mix with a cup of water. Apply this on your hair after a shampoo and wash off after a few minutes.
- Take the juice of a lemon and add to a cup of yoghurt. Apply on your hair and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice with some essential oil and leave on your hair overnight. Repeating the process twice or thrice a week gives a fragrance to your hair.
Lemon juice can lighten your hair after prolonged use, so keep that in mind.
Cinnamon and Honey for smelly hair and scalp:
Make a hair mask using cinnamon and honey to treat stinky hair. Both these ingredients have antifungal and antibacterial properties that are good for your hair.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of water and boil it. Leave it for half an hour to steep.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Use this mixture on your hair and let it stay for a few hours.
- Wash off and shampoo your hair.
- Use this once or twice every week.
This mixture can make your hair color lighter. Remember that before you use it.
Neem Oil for smelly scalp and hair:
Use Indian Lilac or Neem oil to get rid of infections and smelly hair. It has antiseptic properties that are good for your hair if you use it once a week.
- Add it to your shampoo to use it on your hair.
- Apply some drops of oil and massage your hair. Leave it overnight and shampoo your hair in the morning.
- Take some neem leaves and boil in water. After cooling down, strain it and use the solution to wash your hair once a week.
Orange Peel for smelly hair:
The juice and peels of orange deodorize your hair and control oiliness and dandruff. Use it to treat your hair once or twice every week.
- Fill a jar with orange peels and apple cider vinegar. After storing for two weeks, strain it out and refrigerate. Dilute 2 teaspoons of the solution in a bottle of water and spray on your hair after washing. After a few minutes, wash off.
- Take some orange peels and boil in water. After cooling, use it to rinse your hair. Wash off after 10 minutes.
- Orange juice can also be applied on your hair. Wash off after 5 minutes.
Tea Tree Oil and Shampoo for smelly hair:
The antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil cure stinky hair and control dandruff and acne.
- Take some tea tree oil and dilute in water. Leave it on your ahir for half an hour and then shampoo as usual.
- Mix two drops of tea tree oil per ounce of your shampoo and use it to shampoo your hair.
Upon doing some research online we were also able to find some good reviews on “Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo” for curing dandruff as well as smell on hair. You may opt this shampoo as well.
Try any of these processes once a week.
Tomato Juice for balancing pH level of smelly hair:
Foul odors are removed and the pH level of your hair is balanced if you use tomatoes.
- Take some tomato juice and apply on your scalp.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week for best results.
Keep in mind that tomato can make your hair lighter.
Vodka for smelly hair:
Use cheap vodka to clean your hair, remove build up and get rid of odors. It also helps in better growth of hair along with making it soft and shiny.
- Mix a tablespoon of vodka in a bottle of water.
- Spray this solution on your hair after you shampoo your hair. Do not wash after that.
- Repeat once every week.
Consuming a mixture of a tablespoon of honey and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon powder makes you stronger and helps fight against infections.
All these home remedies are natural and have no side effects. You could trust these tips and get rid of oil, build up and also smelly hair. Along with these remedies, make sure you do not use too much of chemicals or artificial products on your hair. Do not tie wet hair, and do not apply conditioner of near the roots of your hair.
Email me the beauty remedies