How to get Silky, Shiny, Straight Smooth Hair Naturally
It would be so wonderful if all of us were blessed with long silky hair and not only that with minimum of maintenance it would stay as it forever. But that is not the case we all have to make effort to get our tresses smooth and silky. If you are using some chemicals to get that then you must remember that it comes with side – effects too. Therefore, you have to be extra careful and maintain your hair thoroughly without fail.
Image by © Blue Jean Images/Corbis
- Smoothening your hair
It is very important that you choose your shampoo and conditioner depending on your hair type.
If you are looking for shampoos that will help you get smooth hair, then you can try these options –
- Tresseme smooth and shine shampoo
Vitamin H and also the amount of silk protein that it has, helps in the smoothening of your hair. If you are tired of your dry and rough hair, then you can try out this shampoo and as the advertisement says it provides salon like treatment at your home. You don’t have to pay extra for getting professional care for our hair.
But if you want, you can treat rough hair through natural ingredients as well. You can boil some dried amla, reetha and shikakai, then rub well, so that it starts producing soapy elements and if you use this solution to wash your hair twice a week and you will get naturally silky hair.
- Sunsilk Keratinology shampoo
If you want to achieve salon like treatment for your hair at home, then you can try this product of Sunsilk as it is specially produced for them who are suffering from dry hair and wasn’t able to get any solution for that. It will help you in achieving not only silky hair, but it provides a bounce to your hair too.
Sunsilk perfect straight shampoo
This one is a boon for frizzy hair as it penetrates deep into the hair and helps your hair maintain its straightness even when it dries out. So all you out there who is having trouble in maintaining your untamed hair can surely give this one a try.
Apart from using these methods to get smooth and silky hair there are various other ways of achieving it. Just read on to unravel the tricks and tips that you can follow to get those lovely locks.
- Cold water serves well – If you thought the cold water was bad, then you were wrong as if you rinse your hair with cold water then you will actually be helping your hair to gain volume.
- Conditioning is very essential – There is a simple trick that you can remember while washing off your conditioner from hair. Leave behind a certain amount of conditioner on your hair as it will help you to keep your hair smooth. There are some conditioners which are applied are not meant to wash off. If you have curly hairs then it is advised that you use these kind of conditioners on your hair to smoothen your curly locks.
- Avoid blow drying – If you are in a hurry then only reaching out for the blow dryers otherwise try and dry your hair naturally. If at all if you have to use the dryers then use the coolers to dry your hair and avoid heat f drying as it tends to damage your hair. Image by © Roy McMahon/Corbis
- Comb with care – Never ever comb your hair when it is wet as it damages,the above layer of your hair. Let the hair dry and then comb, but make sure you do that using a wide toothed comb. Always untangle your hair from below and then move upward so that you don’t face the problem of losing hair. Image by © A. Inden/Corbis
- Avoid heat – Stay away from straightening or curling or perming for that matter as it is quite harmful for your hair. If you are going out for this type of styling daily then before you realize your tresses will lose out on all natural components and will be damaged to such an extent that it will take a long time to repair it. In case if you have to use these techniques, then make sure that you use proper serum first so that it helps in saving your hair from extreme damages.
- Stay away from chemicals – You must stay away from products which contain Ammonium Laureth Sulphate and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate as it is generally very harsh on your hair as they are industrial waste. It will be thinning your hair and you will also suffer from hair loss if you are using these products.
- Make sure to visit the salon for trimming – Trimming is important because it cuts off your split ends so it is always advised that go for trimming every 4 to 6 weeks religiously. Image by © I Love Images/Corbis
If you want some home remedy for your hair, then here are some options for you –
- Hot oil massage – This one is a real old trick of getting a nice smooth hair and it is simple too. You just have to heat some oil and massage it 20 minutes prior to taking a bath. You can use olive oil, coconut oil or jojoba oil for treating your hair with some massage. Gently but firmly massage your scalp with fingertips so that the oil penetrates deep into the scalp and then keep your head covered with a shower cap or towel. Now wash your hair with some mild shampoo. Image by © Imagemore Co., Ltd./Corbis
- Banana pack – Blend in well one ripe banana and yogurt and apply it from the crown to the tips. Keep this mixture on for 45 minutes and then wash it off with a shampoo. It will help you keep your hair smooth and silky all the way.
- Apple cider vinegar – After you are done with your shampoo, rinse your hair off with the mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Then keep it that way and you will see how it makes your hair shine.
Here are some tips that can help you get your hair smooth and silky at home. With the help of some product from the market and with some natural ingredients you can enjoy beautiful hair all along.
These are such great tips.
Nice post… good tips. Can I add some thing? Wash your hair with beer, for silk-satin look and great bounce.
I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.
does it work
Great tips I’m gonna try them cause my hair is dry as fuck.
Nice info, Nikitha! I regularly rinse my hair with cold water (as much as I can take it), and try to use minimal heat, or even cold air on the blow dryer.
my hair was dry and curl. …so I hate my hair. ….I need home made tips. ..pizzazz tell the home made tips
The tips was so intresting coZ m getting these types f infrmtn fr the frst tym.. ny ways thnkz fr the post..))
I agree with you that Avoid blow drying. which is minimal heat even no heat on your hair and protect if from damage.
my hair is dry and curly type….i need silky and smoothy hair …how to get silky hair..plz give us home made tips….
Coconut MilkPure Coconut oilHoneyCornflourLemon juiceGelatin Powder
Method to Prepare Hair Straightening Cream
Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into the pan and place over a low heat.Add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil to the coconut milk and stir well.In a separate bowl, mix 2 Tbsp of gelatin powder and 2 Tbsp of corn flour powder.Pour the mixture into the coconut milk and stir until the coconut milk attains a semi-thick consistency.Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.Once the mixture has cooled, mix 2 Tsp of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of honey.
Direction on How to Apply
1.Before you apply this straightening cream, make sure your hair is clean and dry.
2.Properly comb your hair to remove any tangles or knots.
3.Now divide your hair into small sections and with the help of a brush apply this homemade hair straightening cream to each section.Start from the roots of your hair and then gradually work through to the ends of your hair.
4.Using your fingers pull each section of your hair straight down.Refer to the below image.
5.Leave for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.Do not shampoo your hair.Apply only conditioner.Let your hair hang straight down while applying the conditioner.Allow the conditioner to sit for 5 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
6.Do not blow dry or towel dry your hair.After you have complete with your hair bath, gently comb your hair straight down and leave to dry naturally.
Enjoy!! your irresistible silky, smooth and straight hair.
This is how my hair looks before and after applying the straightening cream.Believe it or not, I have not used any straightening iron or heating machines.
Read More – Homemade Conditioners For Instant Shine
Few Imp Points
1.After applying hair straightening cream, do not wash your hair with shampoo for a week.
2.Avoid styling gels or cream for a week.
You can use this hair straightening cream two or three times in a week to get naturally straight, super shiny and smooth hair.It is 100% natural and also works as an effective homemade hai
Thanks dear it is great advice we wait more advices as you can give us
all r nice n gv hope too bt letz c whthr thy wrk out r nt ….
n hw do v knw wht conditioner our hair needs to get….??
You need to choose the conditioner based on your hair type. However try L’Oreal hair conditioners they work well
my hair is dry n curl..so i need some home tips to care of my hair….
My hair is short, curly and . . help me choose a shampoo and a conditioner. . to get a smooth silky hair.
hi… my hair is thin and very silky i need to make it as a rough hair…. so help me to change
My hair is rough and as they come under sun they start curling because of dryness and roughness. Plz tell me something that will help me to get out of it.
my hair is dry n rough straight hairs ,hw to make smooth.help me to choose a sampoo and home made tips to me
i love straight hair and thank you so much for providing such a wonderful post. i just read it and felt awesome that i can straight my naturally without using heat. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Hi my hair is rough &curly it looks odd help me pls
hey can you suggest some shampoo for oily hair???? The day i wash my hair, the very next day my hair gets oily, please suggest some solutions
Aaahh..tresseme is the shampoo i use,its nice
awesome.thanks for giving tips
nice tips thank u
Very easy and good hair remedy that actually works not fast but takes time.
Does Loreal Paris shampoo work for shine in the hair?!
yes it works. But choose only the silk and shiny shampoo not any other one
I used a cream ,offered by a barber,to make my hair straight it works for a week but then now my hairs become so much curly and giving totally a rough look what should i do now?
Great tips… My hair is already straight n silky but i wnt long hair.
Great tips.., i jst luv it
Nice tips….I want more tips for managing hairs which are not straight from bottom
I also use.tresemme it really works it gives u smooth and silky hair
nice.. i am going to try it. thank you!
Pls help me …. how to reduce my hair loss ? And also my hair is rough n dry… pls suggests me tips..
My hair is soo rough n curly n short too plz give some tips to increase it lenght faster n help to get it silky smooth n bouncy plzz
we do shampoo everyday…..???????? can i use conditioner also if we use Tresseme smooth and shine shampoo….
pls explain me how its work and use
Thanks for this great and informational post . I love your tutorials . I love my hair and I love change my hair style . I can manage my hair with hot air brush easily . But your tutorials are so important for hair care . Certainly I will apply your tips and I hope it will be perfect like yours .
How to get straight hair.
My hair is partially soft sometimes , mainly its rough… that doesn’t matter to me much, but i would love if its soft and smooth … but my main problem is that after brushing my hair , after some time , it gets really dry, no matter what i do , it wouldn’t stop getting dry and rough, it becomes as if all its moisture gets sucked up….. any advice ??
oh…. one thing i forgot to mention is that my hair is super long , its till my thigh and has some quite natural curves…. plz also giv me some tips for hair growth…..
These are great tips.
Hi – I have fine, thin, shading treated hair and have as of late encountered my scalp getting to be dry and getting red knocks. Do you have a suggestion for my specific hair sort? I so need to make tracks in an opposite direction from every one of the chemicals.
Personally I prefer blow drying for that sleek hair look as flat irons are too damaging in my opinion. Blow drying is just easier and faster.
Seriously it work or not that we use heated oil or coconut oil for hair to form our hair silk or smooth. Please reply
Some Nice Tips.
I also love Reetha + Shikakai + Bringha Shampoo. It really helps in getting smooth hair. And i feel it is much safe and natural than other shampoos.
This article provides the relevant and valuable information about the hair care. I appreciate your article. your article provides natural and artificial both the type of solutions to get silky and smooth hair. But It is also necessary to include healthy diet in your daily routine to get healthy hair.
avoiding heat while styling hair is a good advice. always it’s better to use any heat tamer before hot ironing hair.
Thanks Nikitha for this great article.
Nice Article! I love silky shiny straight hair. Valuable information.