Getting rid of acne scars fast overnight – the Natural Way
If you thought that a teenager’s worst nightmare was a zit popping up a day before the prom, think again. It’s bad that you have dot-like acne causing an emotional outburst, the scars left behind a few days later, are far more stressful. If not attended to soon, they can cause a further damage to your skin. Fortunately, there are many natural ways to get rid of these too. Mother Nature has many remedies easily accessible, right in your kitchen.
So, What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin condition which generally starts during the early teens, boys and girls alike, when the oil glands start secreting excess oil, also known as sebum. Getting rid of acne scars by a natural method helps to unclog the pores, and killing the acne-causing bacteria not only makes your skin look clearer but also helps exfoliate. We’ve listed out some easy and quick natural techniques to get rid of those annoying scars. Read on –
1) Mix some water with a teaspoon of baking soda and apply this paste over the acne marks. Leave for a few minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water. Repeating this twice a day helps provide faster results.
2) Honey can do wonders to the skin. It is common knowledge that a spoonful of honey consumed with a glass of warm water helps the skin to glow. But there’s more to this golden liquid. Wash your face with warm water and pat dry. This helps to open up the pores. Gently apply honey on the acne/acne scars and lightly massage with the fingertips. Leave to dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Then gently massage with an ice cube which will help close the pores.
3) Yet another excellent way to rid your skin of blemishes caused by acne is applying boiled and mashed carrot paste. Simply rub on the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with milk and then with warm water.
4) If you are rushed for time, try massaging your face with a slice of cucumber. The juice helps to remove the marks and gives a fresh feel to the face. Washing your face with a little cucumber juice at least once a day also helps to lighten the blemishes and keeps the skin soft and supple.
5) Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and help to get rid of those annoying scars left behind by a bout of acne. Take a big slice of tomato and gently rub the juice on the affected areas. Leave to dry for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
6) Applying a paste of lemon juice and turmeric at least twice a week also helps to remove acne blemishes, leaving you with a much clearer skin.
7) A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice may list on your breakfast menu. Don’t throw away those peels! Simply grind the peels with a few drops of water and make a paste. Apply this on your face for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Dried orange peels can also help.
8) A face mask made from fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves left overnight also gives a healthy glow to the skin.
A word of caution – if you notice any irritation or the acne condition worsens, do not hesitate to consult a dermatologist. Give the natural methods their due time to show effect, don’t be too impatient and expect results overnight. Mother Nature works in her own special way!