Herbal Tips for a Glowing Skin
If the secret wish-list of women could be revealed, a glowing skin would definitely feature in the top three. Not everyone is fortunate to have a naturally beautiful skin, but with a little TLC (Tender Loving Care), a glowing skin need not be a far-fetched dream.
Image credits: cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo
A glowing skin is an indication of a healthy skin. The stress-filled lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and poor sleep makes this an uphill task. Your choice need not be restricted to never-ending beauty treatments or picking up a beauty product across the counter. These generally contain chemicals which could be either harmful to your skin or may not be effective in the long run.
We’ve listed a few simple, yet, effective tips that can get you a glowing skin – the natural way.
- Mix together gram flour, a pinch of turmeric, a few drops of lemon and make a paste with some yoghurt. Apply this as a face mask and leave to dry for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water. Repeat twice weekly to enjoy a supple and glowing skin. This face mask also helps to cleanse and tighten your skin.
- You can never go wrong with sandalwood! Make a paste using sandalwood powder, a pinch of turmeric and milk, and apply evenly on the face for a few minutes. This ensures a natural glow to the skin.
- Spent a lot of time outdoors and paid for it with a tan? Don’t worry; we have something to help you here. Mash a ripe papaya and apply the paste on your face. Leave to dry and rinse off with cold water to enjoy a glow to your skin!
- In a hurry? Grab some yoghurt from the refrigerator and simply spread evenly on the face. Not only does this act as a natural moisturizer for your skin, but it also makes your skin softer, restoring its natural acidic balance and gives an added glow. There’s more! Yoghurt also helps in keeping premature aging at bay.
- Mix together some kosher salt, honey and lemon juice. Use this as a natural scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells. Use steam to open up the clogged pores. This not only helps in exfoliation but also sterilizes the skin naturally. Use a gentle face cream to close the pores.
- Instead of potato chips, reach out for a raw potato. Rub a slice of freshly cut potato on your face and leave for a few minutes. The juice acts as an excellent natural bleaching agent and restores the glow to your skin.
- Tomato juice is yet another ingredient which works wonders with the skin. Add a few drops of lemon and enjoy a soft and glowing skin.
Going the natural way gives your skin long-lasting results. For better results, switch to a healthier diet with plenty of water and a good night’s sleep. Take good care of your skin, and keep it healthy and glowing for years to come – the natural way.