How to Prepare & Use Dead Sea Mud Mask – Its Benefits
As you know, Dead Sea is one of the largest salt lakes that you can find in the world. Masks made of Dead Sea Mud are great for getting rid of acne and also for healing and soothing various skin issues. The mud that you get from the area around Dead Sea has therapeutic properties and it is also an important ingredient in many of the soaps and cosmetic products. Face masks made of this mud help you to get a glowing skin without any blemishes.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud Mask:
The mud of Dead Sea has lots of health benefits and it is excellent for refreshing and revitalizing your skin. This mud is capable of reducing the wrinkles on your skin and makes your skin smooth and soft. It also has the power to reduce acne.
Other than its health benefits, Dead Sea mud is also great for reducing and treating certain conditions of the skin like psoriasis, eczema and acne. By using soaps made of Dead Sea mud you can cure itching of the skin. This soap also helps in cleansing your skin and the removal of dead skin cells.
To make a face mask with Dead Sea mud you can add any essential oil. Here we will discuss about face masks made using lavender oil, chamomile and peppermint essential oils.
Dead Sea Mud Face Mask Ingredients:
Lavender essential oil:
Lavender essential oil is well known for its calm and soothing properties. It is used by people in different parts of the world for inducing a deep and sound sleep. This oil has an enchanting scent that attracts most of the people. It has the power to make you feel relaxed. Many of the chemists and beauticians use lavender oil as an important ingredient in many of the lotions, gels, creams as well as body and face packs. It also has disinfecting properties. This oil is an excellent oil to get you relief from tension. Lavender oil is good for treating various respiratory problems as well.
Chamomile essential oil:
Chamomile essential oil is also very soothing for your skin and good for the health of your skin. The oil has a relaxing effect and it has anti-inflammatory properties as well. If you are suffering from eczema, acne and other skin problems, this essential oil is great for providing a soothing effect to your skin. It is excellent for irritation of the skin also. This oil keeps your skin well moisturized and provides you a smooth skin free from any blemishes.
Peppermint essential oil:
Peppermint essential oil is an ingredient in chewing gums, tea, soap, ice creams, shampoo and so on. It has a number of health benefits. It is good for treating nausea, clearing the respiratory tracts, to get relief from headache and for treating respiratory problems. This essential oil is a rich source of nutrients and minerals like manganese, iron, calcium, folate, magnesium, potassium and copper. The antimicrobial properties of this esential oil make it great for treating acne in a natural way.
Dead Sea Mud Mask Recipe:
So, these are the benefits of Dead Sea mud mask and the essential oils used in this face mask. Now we will discuss how to make this mud mask so that you can use it on your body and face.
The ingredients you need for making Dead Sea mud mask are:
- A glass jar that has a lid.
- Half a cup of Dead Sea mud
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of chamomile essential oil
- One mixing bowl
How to Prepare and Use Dead Sea Mud Mask:
- Take the mixing bowl and pour the half cup of Dead Sea mud in to the bowl.
- Next you have to add the essential oils, lavender essential oil, chamomile essential oil and peppermint essential oil to the mixing bowl.
- Now mix all the ingredients well so that you get a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Once you have made a smooth paste of the mud and the essential oils, transfer this paste in to the glass jar with a lid.
- You can store this face mask paste in this glass jar, so that whenever you need it, you can take some from the jar and use it.
- Wash you face with a good cleanser and warm water. Use a soft towel to dry your face. Take some honey and apply it under your eyes down to the tops of the cheekbones. This will protect the tender skin under the eyes by keeping it hydrated and moisturized. You can also use coconut oil or olive oil instead of honey as these are also good for moisturizing the skin.
- Take one tablespoon of this face mask in your hands.
- Apply this paste on your face with your first two fingers.
- When you apply this on your face, remember not to apply it on the delicate areas around your eyes and your mouth.
- It you feel any irritation on the skin or if your skin gets inflamed after applying this face mask, then you have to remove the mask immediately with water.
- After applying the mask you have to let it stay on your face for about 10 minutes so that it is partially dry. As it gets dry, you may experience a slight tingly feeling on your skin.
- Now you can use a gentle face cloth dipped in warm water and wipe the face mask from your face.
By following the steps given above, you can make your own Dead Sea mud face mask at home. Other than the three essential oils mentioned above, you can also use any other essential oil as you wish.